Final Fantasy The Crystal Bearers Wii $49.99 + $10 credit at Amazon

[quote name='wasabi5858']

Oh she was also trying to tell me about 1 promotion credit and try to talk about the ECA code that was applied... blah... Sure, there are better customers than I for sure, but damn, I placed 100 orders in 2009! they better show me proof of that the promotion had the time restriction or else I am going to make this my mission for the next few days :)

amazon_2009.jpg
[/QUOTE]

damn! I have 48 orders in 09. haha! Let's see if I can hit 100 in 2010 :)

Beware, this is a terrible game. IGN gave it a 6.2 and Gamespot gave it a 5.5. After spending couple of painful hours with it I find those scores to be quite generous.

[quote name='rumblebear']Beware, this is a terrible game. IGN gave it a 6.2 and Gamespot gave it a 5.5. After spending couple of painful hours with it I find those scores to be quite generous.[/QUOTE]
My 12 hours say otherwise, but I guess that's what happens with a game that scores from 5 to 8.

Yeah, although looking at the tracked reviews, it only scored well in Nintendo Power and some sites I've never heard of (well, and Game Trailers). Still, I'm sort of curious since you liked it. It's going to have to be

Its a beginners Final Fantasy in terms of gameplay and depth. Hell, you cant even talk to 75% of the people you see onscreen. Nowhere near the complexity of FF10 or 12. But I am still mostly enjoying it till FFXIII arrives. But I do prefer regular controls to this Wiimote stuff. Good thing XIII is going to be on PS3/360.

Wow, sucks that people have been having issues with Amazon over this game. I got my calendar no problem, but I did have a problem with the $10 credit. I received an email saying it had been automatically applied to my account, only it wasn't. I asked them to look into it and within a couple days the credit was there.

I've only played the game for a couple hours so far but I like what I've seen.

If anybody really wants the calendar just talk to a customer service person at Amazon and tell them you want a replacement copy, I didn't think it would work but they overnighted the game, just got it and it had the calendar, it's nothing big but it's cool.

6 days and 2 email and no reply back (they told me 2-3 days).Damn first gamestop now amazon and toysrus shafting/avoiding me,wth?.Do I smell or something? :/.

So, per an email from Amazon, it looks like they're giving everyone a $10 gift card, regardless of whether you got the calendar or not.

Edit: And to clarify, it looks to be another $10 off a purchase code, since it isn't recognized when I try to redeem it as a gift card. Guess we'll see if it stacks with the other $10 code.

Hmm, now that they have refunded me the $13.50 instead of the calendar I wonder if I should still proceed with there return process. Part of me feels like they have done enough, however part of me says I have spent a long time trying to get Amazon to understand the situation.

I went through the replacement request process, but I'm a little nervous because at the end it tells you if you don't return the original item, you'll be charged after 30 days. There is nothing for me to return since it was a missing accessory. I just hope they don't re-charge me after 30 days for the game itself!

They will more than likely ship you a new copy of the game with the calendar, which means you'll have to return the original copy of the game.

I think they want you to return the game, and they will send you a replacement game AND calendar. At least, that is my understanding...

Wow, I have received THREE $10 credits at this point on this game. I sent an email saying I didn't have the $10 on my account, and they replied that it should be there. I checked again, and it wasn't, so I emailed them again. Before they could respond again, the $10 showed up, so I used it to place an order. Then their second email response came, detailing that they have added the $10 to my account for me. Sure enough, another $10 was there. So today they send the calendar email, (which I did receive with my game), and bam, another $10 code. Did I mention I love Amazon? :applause:

[quote name='botticus']They will more than likely ship you a new copy of the game with the calendar, which means you'll have to return the original copy of the game.[/QUOTE]

However due to the length in time of this process I have already opened the game. There is no mention how they deal with that...

Well at least they noted on the mistake, not bad made out with the game, calendar and $20 in game credit.

[quote name='groundskeeper']However due to the length in time of this process I have already opened the game. There is no mention how they deal with that...[/QUOTE]

You'll have to return the sealed copy of the game they send you after you remove the calendar. It shouldn't be a problem since the calendar is not actually in the game case and is wrapped separately.

Interesting, got this email today too. I had no idea about any calendar...requested a replacement (I've already opened it though...does that matter?).

I like free $10 credits though. Thanks Amazon!

In terms of the game, I'm enjoying it. I would say a 7.5 is a fair score.

Wow, checked my inbox after reading the last few posts and there was my $10 gift cert. :) Just used it on Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes. My FFCC did come with the calendar in the first place anyway.

Jeez, after all my discounts and credits, I paid $6 for this game! Now to decide if it's worth the extra trouble for that calendar...

I got the email and $10 gift card today too. I think they should accept an open item for return. How were we supposed to know the calendar wasn't in the shrink wrap?

You can return an opened item:

As per their return process:
If you choose replacement, you'll be required to return the damaged item within 30 days to avoid being charged for both the replacement and the original. Additionally, we can only replace the exact item and version you ordered. If you would like to exchange your item(s) for something different (size, color, language, format, etc), please choose "refund" and place a new order for the desired item(s).
Which says nothing about the item needing to be sealed and damage hints that they accept opened items.

Am curious if my email to them started the $10 refund to everyone though. (Received late last night.)

Hello,

We're contacting you about your recent order for "Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles," order [#000-0000000-0000000]. When you placed your pre-order, the detail page for this item offered a 2010 Final Fantasy calendar which should've been bundled with the game. Unfortunately, we recently discovered a problem with our inventory for this item, and some customers didn't receive the calendar. We're very sorry if your order was affected by this inventory issue.

We've made sure our fulfillment centers have the correct inventory for this item, and the game bundle with the 2010 calendar is available. If you didn't receive the calendar, please follow the steps below to request a replacement order:
1. Go to our Online Returns Center (www.amazon.com/returns).
2. Select the radio buttons next to "I ordered the item" and "Return an item" and click "Continue."
3. Find the order [#000-0000000-0000000] and select "Return an item from this order."
4. Click the radio button next to the game's title.
5. Select "Missing Part or Accessories" from the drop-down menu and type "missing map" into the comments box. Click the Continue button.
6. Select the "Replacement" radio button and click Continue.
7. Read and click the acknowledgement button.
8. Click the "Request Replacement" button.

We hope you'll accept the attached gift card as a goodwill gesture and give us another chance on a future order. You'll find instructions for using the $10 gift card below.

We hope to see you again soon.
Sincerely,
Customer Service
Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com/
Note: this e-mail was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming e-mail. Please do not reply to this message.
DON'T DELETE. This is your Amazon.com Gift Card.
Amount: $$10.00 off at Amazon.com
Claim Code: WYSX-4TX2NU-YEG4AS
To redeem your Gift Card, follow these steps:
1. Visit http://www.amazon.com
2. Select the items you want and add them to your Shopping Cart.
3. Click the 'Proceed to checkout' button.
4. When prompted to select a payment method, enter the claim code in the field provided on the order form. Then click the Continue button and complete the order form. You must pay for any remaining order balance with a credit card.
5. You'll know you've placed your order when you reach a screen that says, 'Thank you for your order.' On this page, you'll see that the Gift Card amount has been deducted from the total cost of your order.
6. If you click the Your Account button in the top right corner of any page on our site, you'll be able to view details of your order.
Terms and Conditions: For a full list of rules and restrictions, please visit http://www.amazon.com/gc-legal/

[quote name='donburns99']You can return an opened item:

Which says nothing about the item needing to be sealed and damage hints that they accept opened items.

Am curious if my email to them started the $10 refund to everyone though. (Received late last night.)[/QUOTE]

Hopefully you already used your code you listed in this email. Otherwise someone might snipe it from you...

[quote name='donburns99']You can return an opened item:

Am curious if my email to them started the $10 refund to everyone though. (Received late last night.)[/QUOTE]

donburns99 if you are quoting your own email hopefully you already used your code you listed in this email. Otherwise someone might snipe it from you...

[quote name='groundskeeper']donburns99 if you are quoting your own email hopefully you already used your code you listed in this email. Otherwise someone might snipe it from you...[/QUOTE]Thanks for the concern. No worries though, that code is invalid. ^ ^

Hello,

I'm so sorry about the problem you had with your "Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers". I've placed a new order for you at no charge. Here are the details:

Order Number: ORDER NUMBER REMOVED
Shipping Speed: One-Day Shipping
Estimated Delivery Date: January 8, 2010

To return the item, first click the following link to print your return mailing label: LINK REMOVED

When you return the item with missing map, follow the instructions listed on the mailing label page. If you don't have a printer, write back by going to the URL below:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/contact-us/returns-and-refunds.html

We must receive your return within 30 days. If we don't receive the return by February 8, 2010, we'll charge the Visa card used for the original order for the cost of the item.

Fun.

[quote name='donburns99']Thanks for the concern. No worries though, that code is invalid. ^ ^[/QUOTE]
Just a heads up... If you are saying it's invalid because you tried to apply the code to your gift cert balance and it didn't work, be aware that these codes can only be applied on the order checkout page.

Just a head up that the $10 promo gift card for the calendar screw-up is not stackable with a game credit. I redeemed my code with an existing $10 credit in my account but the payment page refreshed with the same old $10 being applicable to the order.

bread's done
Back