Final Fantasy VII $19.99 from Sony DAPC

I would say VII remake on PS3 is in the works.. Square has been remaking old FF game for awhile... and this game would bring in tons of dough...

[quote name='urzishra14']this game will so get rereleased either for the PSP or a collection.. its not worth a bill in my opinion.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but the 2 bill price for the non GH sealed will not drop. Its just the sealed black label that goes for that much. I mean, I bought mine on day one, and opened it, and so did practically everyone else. Most of the black label ones that were still around when it went GH were bought and most likely opened as well. Even if it gets released on ps3, psp, or gqd gets another GH reprint, collector's will still want the black label sealed with the tape on top.

I mean, it doesn't really make much sense since an unscratched one goes for $30 on ebay when a sealed one goes for $200. Same thing can be said for MGS2 Substance, but thats the way game collecting is right now.

I just called the 1-800 number on Sony's site and spoke to a customer service representative who told me they currently had 4 copies of the game in stock with more on the way. Assuming that's true, my guess would be that these are "Greatest Hits" copies.

[quote name='Speed Racer']I just called the 1-800 number on Sony's site and spoke to a customer service representative who told me they currently had 4 copies of the game in stock with more on the way. Assuming that's true, my guess would be that these are "Greatest Hits" copies.[/quote]

That's fine by me. I just want to play the game. Kind of wish it's not sealed though....... makes me feel kind of guilty for opening it.

Then again I think it's an insult to buy a game and never even open it.

I'd still buy it if it was remade. After all I wanted to play this game since it came out. Finally something on my old childhood list.

[quote name='endlessPRO']my toy's r us has all of FF GH sealed for 9.99[/quote]

Nice. My Toy's R Us is usually pretty empty. I blame the fact that I live in a somewhat heavily populated area.

[quote name='pinoy530']
I mean, it doesn't really make much sense since an unscratched one goes for $30 on ebay when a sealed one goes for $200. Same thing can be said for MGS2 Substance, but thats the way game collecting is right now.[/quote]

Damn! I guess it was worth the $10 or $15 I paid for MGS Substance last year :D

I'm tempted to sell it and buy a mint opened one for a quarter of the price.

[quote name='Caliburn']This buyer got a steal - a sealed copy went for $80.99 before shipping:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Final-Fantasy-VII-Playstation-Factory-Sealed-Original_W0QQitemZ8278307295QQcategoryZ62053QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem[/QUOTE]

You mean the seller got a steal. Did you check out his feedback?

"Had to File a Complaint with Paypal to get my money Back! Beware Of This SELLER!"

"Shipped me a box of junk w/o the expensive items I paid for. ALERTED EBAY & FBI"

"Very DECEITFUL person, sold RARE games he doesn't have just to get your money."

"Unfortunate. Seemed honest and friendly, but he is a liar and a thief. Beware!"

the price for the sealed non-gh copies will skyrocket when ff 12 comes out, ff vii was going for much more than 1-200 when ff x 2 came out. Hell, even FF X non-gh is worth something.

[quote name='Sulmona']the price for the sealed non-gh copies will skyrocket when ff 12 comes out, ff vii was going for much more than 1-200 when ff x 2 came out. Hell, even FF X non-gh is worth something.[/QUOTE]

i'm sitting on a sealed FFX non-gh for when 12 comes out... :pray: please get ridiculous ebay, please

[quote name='eau']Why did you order so many copies? eBay? :shame:[/QUOTE]

That's okay, I ordered 200 of them. I'll list them all at once and wreck the market.

[quote name='fwacce']That's okay, I ordered 200 of them. I'll list them all at once and wreck the market.[/QUOTE]
I wouldn't be surprised from you :booty: ;) :booty:

What's funny is Square must still have sealed non-GH FFVII copies lying around somewhere.

My friend was doing some work with them and they brought some sample games for them and she got a original FFVII and FFX too. I want it really bad, heh.

[quote name='evophile']What's funny is Square must still have sealed non-GH FFVII copies lying around somewhere.

My friend was doing some work with them and they brought some sample games for them and she got a original FFVII and FFX too. I want it really bad, heh.[/quote]
Perks! Does Square still need temp workers???

[quote name='eau']Perks! Does Square still need temp workers???[/QUOTE]

Haha seriously. I'm not sure though...my friend was actually helping them manage and arrange some of the FF music concerts.

[quote name='chosen1s']So...

I put in my order yesterday and they are yet to run my card. Did I miss something?[/quote] That means they ain't shipping your stuff.......yet ;)

[quote name='eau']It is absurd that the non-GH artwork makes such a big difference.[/QUOTE]

It's all about rarity. For example, why would someone pay a fortune for a first print Action Comics #1 when they can just read the reprint for $2? It has to do with collecting and the feeling of having something that there's so few of in the world. There's also the nostalgia factor.

I don't mean to be a jerk, but I don't understand why this is a hard concept for some people here to grasp.

[quote name='fwacce']It's all about rarity. For example, why would someone pay a fortune for a first print Action Comics #1 when they can just read the reprint for $2? It has to do with collecting and the feeling of having something that there's so few of in the world. There's also the nostalgia factor.

I don't mean to be a jerk, but I don't understand why this is a hard concept for some people here to grasp.[/quote]

I understand collecting. But its one thing to hang some action figures mint on the card on your wall, where you can appreciate them fully, its another to buy a video game, which is meant to be played, and never opening it.

The two biggest things Ive ever 'collected' were games, and Lego. And Lego is the same way, it begs to be played with. And Lego actually doesnt decrease in value that much if its been opened.

I get your point, but remember that collections are all about what any one person values. People collect all kinds of things. Action figures were meant to be played with as well and cards where meant to trade to which is another form of playing with them. I value games, therefore I'll collect the rare ones that I come across. I won't go out of my way and pay insane prices but others will. If I find a game that's hard to find like Valkyrie Profile and it's sealed, then why would I open it. People collect a lot of stuff that I personally think are crap but I don't tell them to use it for it's intended purpose. Let them use them for whatever purpose fits them.

[quote name='Puffa469']I understand collecting. But its one thing to hang some action figures mint on the card on your wall, where you can appreciate them fully, its another to buy a video game, which is meant to be played, and never opening it.

The two biggest things Ive ever 'collected' were games, and Lego. And Lego is the same way, it begs to be played with. And Lego actually doesnt decrease in value that much if its been opened.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='rooter']Yeah, I'm nuts, I ordered another 50 before they went OOS.[/quote]

Geez, glad I ordered mine five seconds after I saw the thread. I think you should be compansionate enough to sell some copies to the fellows who missed out.

Also wasn't this thing limited to one per customer????

[quote name='rooter']Yeah, I'm nuts, I ordered another 50 before they went OOS.[/QUOTE]

You're browsing the wrong forum.
Now go back to fatwallet.

This has got to be most unrare and most popular game of all time. How can the ebay prices be so much?

Silly stupid.

[quote name='wbc1228']You're browsing the wrong forum.
Now go back to fatwallet.[/quote]

I think he might be joking.

I ordered one last night, and I got a confirmation email today. The email has an 'amount charged' entry, but I dont know if they actually charged my card yet.

[quote name='Puffa469']I think he might be joking.

I ordered one last night, and I got a confirmation email today. The email has an 'amount charged' entry, but I dont know if they actually charged my card yet.[/quote]

I still haven't gotten mine. Hopefully I'll get it soon.

And ya I think he is joking too but if he is not.......... shame.

I placed my order a few days ago, never received a confirmation email. So I called and the rep at 1-800-488-SONY (7669) and they could not locate my order. They said that they do not sell playstation games on their website. HE said they may ship out of another warehouse that he could not see my order. He checked by my phone number and by may credit card number. So I guess no email means your order did not go through.

[quote name='dsullo']I placed my order a few days ago, never received a confirmation email. So I called and the rep at 1-800-488-SONY (7669) and they could not locate my order. They said that they do not sell playstation games on their website. HE said they may ship out of another warehouse that he could not see my order. He checked by my phone number and by may credit card number. So I guess no email means your order did not go through.[/quote]

I placed my order three or four days ago for one copy, but never recieved a confirmation email. I sent off an email to their customer service, I'll wait to see what they say.

[quote name='dsullo']I placed my order a few days ago, never received a confirmation email. So I called and the rep at 1-800-488-SONY (7669) and they could not locate my order. They said that they do not sell playstation games on their website. HE said they may ship out of another warehouse that he could not see my order. He checked by my phone number and by may credit card number. So I guess no email means your order did not go through.[/quote]

Sounds kind of fishy.

It is shown to be backordered when search by format on the left. but when enlarge, it has AddtoCart Icon? Well if anyone get it, post on CAG!

[quote name='dsullo']I placed a second order and no confirmation email. I will be shocked it anyone actually gets a game[/quote]

As long as it's not a scam I should be fine.
gamerecyclery.com never sent me my order so I hope this does not occur again.

About 1 week ago I found a sealed copy of GH FF7 for $14.99 at Kmart. I was shocked that such a crappy store actually had something this good.

bread's done
Back