Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children [Blu-ray] - Amazon $18.99!

[quote name='crewj']Got notification that the blu-ray version of Advent Children Complete is available for pre-order! $26.99 :applause:
iy.gif

Close if this is a repost.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/r.html?R=6...Q9SS/ref=pe_11480_11778790_emwa_email_title_1[/quote]

Thanks for the info dude, 26 bucks is not bad for this flick.

Too bad the US version will not contain the FXIII demo, but I will still pick it up regardless.

[quote name='tenzor']Too bad the US version will not contain the FXIII demo, but I will still pick it up regardless.[/quote]

THIS ^

Not sure how this is a deal...

I'd have loved to get the FFXIII demo here

Perhaps someone can explain the appeal of this movie to me? I absolutely loved the game but I thought this movie was a nicely animated piece of crap.

[quote name='blackhole82']I wonder why they aren't including the demo :( Even though I preordered it anyway.[/quote]

It's rumored that Microsoft has something to do with this but there's no confirmation. Anyway, I'm in for one when it's released.

Yeah, I know. I'm SOO sad! Why can't we get the FF13 demo?! 2010 is too long! =/

They should make FF13 as the promo if we PRE-order! To push the sale real good.

[quote name='BWOzar']
Perhaps someone can explain the appeal of this movie to me? I absolutely loved the game but I thought this movie was a nicely animated piece of crap.[/quote]
I second this. Only part that was good was the final 15 or so minutes.

[quote name='Janaak']I second this. Only part that was good was the final 15 or so minutes.[/quote]

Yes, but think of how beautiful its going to look :)

I wonder if its gonna be region free/english dubs on the Japanese version.. I havent seen the specs yet. Im tempted to import it just for the damn demo @_@

I thought the movie was ok, not great though. I wouldn't pay $26 for this but I guess it's a fair price and I'd definitely like to see it on blu-ray. I'm guessing the price will drop pretty quick after its released into the $15-20 range.

Definitely going to be getting this when it drops to $19.99 or so. I really liked the movie and not the game as much. *shrugs*

[quote name='MasterSun1']No Demo = No Purchase for me (until it's under $15). Unless they offer some cool freebie, but not likely.[/quote]
I agree with the above, unless something cool comes with it 30 is a bit steep. I like my FF like anyone else, but cmon lets get a real deal here
pixel.gif

It just got posted guys, and it's a Sony BR. This is about the standard price. Besides it'll drop to about $23-25 closer to release.

I hope those people who say they're not gonna buy it w/o the demo are not gonna spend $60 for this on play-asia. I actually love this movie (despite the terrible dialogue) and won't spend extra for a demo. I just want the movie with english and jp dub.

most likely anyone who was not BIG into FFVII like i was (it was my life from 5th grade to senior yr of high school...and even 5 yrs later still continues to be my favorite and most played through game of all time) will not be too enthused about this..but let me tell you the second the notification came in..I already had it on pre-order! STFU if you don't want this and go be cynical somewhere else about the film...The TRUE fans will buy this no matter what.

[quote name='animemaniac14']The TRUE fans will buy this no matter what.[/QUOTE]

I thought the TRUE fans would recognize it as a soulless cash-in (even moreso, considering it's already had TWO releases on DVD, and another on UMD) with a whole lot of style but zero substance. Sure, it's a damn pretty cash-in, but... that's about it.

... Not to mention its very existence craps all over the ending to the game. ;)

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']I thought the TRUE fans would recognize it as a soulless cash-in (even moreso, considering it's already had TWO releases on DVD, and another on UMD) with a whole lot of style but zero substance. Sure, it's a damn pretty cash-in, but... that's about it.

... Not to mention its very existence craps all over the ending to the game. ;)[/quote]

no, no we wouldnt.

I don't know what to consider myself. I'm just a fanatic, I bought the limited edition FF7 PSP. But I never bought the previous versions of advent children. And the difference between Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Complete and the previous released versions would be the extra scenes.

I'll be buying this for sure. I don't care if it's not a steal at the posted price, I loved the movie and have been waiting for the blu-ray ever since I got my player. Unfortunately I'm about to move, so I'll have to wait until I'm done with that before ordering.

[quote name='animemaniac14']STFU if you don't want this and go be cynical somewhere else about the film...The TRUE fans will buy this no matter what.[/quote]

Oh ok, so not blindly liking this means I'm not a real fan of the game? Thanks for that insight.

I don't care that this doesn't come with the demo as I'm almost positive I wouldn't play it, anyway. I'd rather wait for the full game to come out instead of getting a tease. Still, it would've been nice for it to be included just because.

That said, I'm still probably going to wait for it to be a little bit cheaper.

"STFU if you don't want this and go be cynical somewhere else about the film."

This is a discussion forum, not a suck on the **** of the creator's forum

^ yea... i mean according to the wikipedia entry... it says it will be Advent Children Complete but it also has the release date as June 7th, not 2nd.

And a review posted on the amazon web-site is claiming it be the Complete.. but I don't know who to believe!

[quote name='DukeSoccer']is this Advent Children Complete? or just the normal version?[/QUOTE]

Advent Children Complete is the only Blu-ray version of the film that exists, so yes, it's that version. Don't get rid of your DVDs just yet, though - Complete doesn't include the Last Order OVA from the Limited Edition DVD release.

Bleh I have the $300 Japanese Advent Pieces version when it came out... but just need to watch the last 20 minutes in Blu-Ray to justify my purchase heh.

[quote name='ticalmc2k2']I hope those people who say they're not gonna buy it w/o the demo are not gonna spend $60 for this on play-asia. I actually love this movie (despite the terrible dialogue) and won't spend extra for a demo. I just want the movie with english and jp dub.[/QUOTE]

Nope, not going to do that. It's just lame they won't release a definitive version (FFXIII demo, Last Order OVA, etc).

[quote name='animemaniac14'] STFU if you don't want this and go be cynical somewhere else about the film...The TRUE fans will buy this no matter what.[/quote]

There is a difference between being a 'true fan' and obsession.

With that said, I'll likely buy it. Graphically, it was good. I can appreciate it for that.

Nice. I couldn't justify myself to spend $60 on the Blu-ray import. $26 is more reasonable eventhough it doesn't have the demo. I just have to find other games to tile we over until the full game comes out.

does this re-release on blu-ray also contain the ff7 animation they made for advent children? my japanese copy came with it on the disc.

[quote name='Vampire_Zio']does this re-release on blu-ray also contain the ff7 animation they made for advent children? my japanese copy came with it on the disc.[/QUOTE]

Last Order? No, I already pointed out that it does not. It *does* contain a new OVA starring Denzel, however.

i kinda wanna import it, but for an extra 20-30 dollars just for a 2 hour demo might not be worth it. I rather just get the blu ray release when it comes out in NA.

I wonder if this has that movie of all the FFVII cutscenes, i really want to see that since i know i'll probably never play FFVII, but i'd still like to see the cutscenes.

I just cancelled my preorder. I decided I can wait to buy it at a lower price since it will not include the FF XIII demo.

bread's done
Back