Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Gets Japanese (and now US) Release Date

[quote name='greendc27']I'm glad it will be on dvd as well. I want to see the movie but have no desire to get a psp.[/QUOTE]

They wouldn't limit their sales to owners of the PSP, that would be stupid of them.

[quote name='kaji7p56']They wouldn't limit their sales to owners of the PSP, that would be stupid of them.[/QUOTE]

When has that mattered? :D

Am I just crazy, or am I seeing double toilet avatars, haha.

But seriously, I was hoping that this wouldn't be limited to the PSP and I get my wish. Thanks Sony.

Edit: damnit, beat to it by Led.

[quote name='greendc27']glad to hear its almost out.[/QUOTE]

i don't know my friend... its 4 freaking months...

[quote name='d4nn']i don't know my friend... its 4 freaking months...[/QUOTE]

But when you've been waiting 2 years...

Since its 4,800 yen which is $45....does this mean the US version is gonna be $50?? thats mighty expensive for a dvd. I'll sure rent it but not sure if I'm goin to buy it.

[quote name='989boi']Since its 4,800 yen which is $45....does this mean the US version is gonna be $50?? thats mighty expensive for a dvd. I'll sure rent it but not sure if I'm goin to buy it.[/QUOTE]

As much as I want to see it, I don't have a lot of faith so I'm planning on renting it first anyways

[quote name='greendc27']As much as I want to see it, I don't have a lot of faith so I'm planning on renting it first anyways[/QUOTE]

Yeah, unless at that $50 price point it has a bunch of extras, i'll have to rent first. Especially after the disaster of a Final Fantasy movie Spirits within was. Someone remind me again what exactly that had to do with the FF series.

[quote name='989boi']Since its 4,800 yen which is $45....does this mean the US version is gonna be $50?? thats mighty expensive for a dvd. I'll sure rent it but not sure if I'm goin to buy it.[/QUOTE]
No, things are more expensive in Japan. From the $45 in Japan will probably be about $30 here in the US. But thats still too much. I really don't see them being able to sell for more than $22.

That's all I could think. I know that videos are often more expensive in Japan, but damn.

Yeah collecting anime in Japan is a pain in the ass with the prices they charge, it'll mostlikely carry an MSRP or 25 bucks in most stores and probably sell for 19 bucks the first week in many of them.

Also I wouldnt say it's been THAT long a wait, 2 years? maybe a year and a half but it generally takes about a year and a half for a CG movie of any quality, especially since I keep hearing it was getting an extended length.

Also it was planned for direct to video release from the begining, supposedly it's just a safer bet for monetary returns than a theatrical release.

Yeah, i wonder how this is going to turn out. I'm guessing it'll be amazing if they learned their lesson after wasting their PS1 profits on that other flop.

Well you have to remember that most all DVDs even in the US have a MSRP of $29.99 (or more depending on the company, I believe).

Ever been to a Suncoast store? MSRP on almost EVERYTHING. Argh.

As a CAG I'd suggest anyone who buys stuf at suncoast or sam goody becaome a Replay club member especially if you buy movies the first week, build up your credit and get the rebates to soften the blow on regular price stuff. I'm sure they'll be selling it for 24 bucks.

I think it also bares mentioning that at a certain point the Columbia/sony people forced many changes on Squares frist movie attempt and I think they're what was largely responsible for the story sucking as much as it did, As a more internal Squeenix product, more closely tied to actual FF lore I find it easy to expect this to be superior.

No, that translated to about a $25-$30 US price.

That kind of stuff costs a lot more in Japan.

I'll pay $30 max for the movie.

I think they should also put out a double pack with the DVD and UMD versions, as long as they dont put an insane price on it.

bread's done
Back