Final Fantasy VII Mistake

SneakyPenguin

CAGiversary!
Feedback
38 (100%)
I recently started playing FF7 again and when i was just removing the game to put it back in its case, i noticed soemthing. on the back of the case, where square has a description of the game, the i in "masterpiece" is floating above the middle of the word, like this:

i
masterp ece

is this mistake on all the games, or is this a potentially rare screwup?
(btw this is the first release non-GH us version of the game)

thanks for the help

[quote name='basketkase543']I also got mine when it came out (FF VII was the reason why i pot a psx) and there are no problems on it.[/quote]

Same here. Mine looks fine.

mine has the screwy I in masterpeice. i was wondering the same thing. just a screwup that is random.

also, mine is way down in the paragraph on the back.

its like:

masterpe ce

I

If you REALLY want to have fun, look at the back of your GBA SP....there's a misspelled word on there.....PM me and I'll tell you what word it is for those who can't wait to get home (or get out of the chair to go get it)..

To clear things up:
The very first release of FF7 does not have the error. You can also tell that you have the first release because the ESRB rating is simply "realistic violence".
The game had another print run at some point before going Greatest Hits. This is the release that has the "masterpiece" mistake along with the updated ESRB rating (comic mischief, etc).

[quote name='spidey']Haha, just checked my games. My original has the mistake but my GH is fine.[/QUOTE]

However, all of the GH editions should have the incorrect jewel case insert directly inside the front cover, behind disc 1. Instead of the usual airship image, it is the same Sephiroth image as the insert inside the rear cover.

I still have my day one copy of FFVII without the weird 'i' and the more descriptive esrb warning.

I sold my wifes copy that did have the 'i' and the extra ratings descriptors on feebay during the 'Great FFVII overvaluation of 06' ;)

[quote name='Puffa469']I sold my wifes copy that did have the 'i' and the extra ratings descriptors on feebay during the 'Great FFVII overvaluation of 06' ;)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was sad because I had spent 2004/2005 buying every local copy of FF7 and reselling them for like $5 profit. They were going for $15-20 on ebay at the time. I guess I should have kept them. :drool:

[quote name='Zing']However, all of the GH editions should have the incorrect jewel case insert directly inside the front cover, behind disc 1. Instead of the usual airship image, it is the same Sephiroth image as the insert inside the rear cover.[/QUOTE]

All? I just checked my GH copy, and it has the airship insert behind Disc 1 and no "I" problem either. So, besides the fact that it's GH, nothing is wrong with my copy? o_O

Interesting.

[quote name='Zing']To clear things up:
The very first release of FF7 does not have the error. You can also tell that you have the first release because the ESRB rating is simply "realistic violence".
The game had another print run at some point before going Greatest Hits. This is the release that has the "masterpiece" mistake along with the updated ESRB rating (comic mischief, etc).[/QUOTE] Ah. So I guess my copy is from the initial release.

[quote name='SinnerChrno']All? I just checked my GH copy, and it has the airship insert behind Disc 1 and no "I" problem either. So, besides the fact that it's GH, nothing is wrong with my copy? o_O

Interesting.[/QUOTE]

Well, I said "should" because the ones I have seen have this error and it has been reported in other places. It could have just been one batch or something.

Saying nothing is wrong with your GH copy is like saying nothing is wrong with the elephant man. Shrivel at the horrific sight!

[quote name='Zing']To clear things up:
The game had another print run at some point before going Greatest Hits. This is the release that has the "masterpiece" mistake along with the updated ESRB rating (comic mischief, etc).[/quote]
I beg of you to bump an even older thread.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I beg of you to bump an even older thread.[/QUOTE]

Shhh! No one noticed. :cool:

I bet a few people dug up their copy of FF7 in response to this.

To find out about this go to

pgvideogames.blogspot.com

or click the link in my sig

and when you get to the Pro-Gamer blog you should see a "links" section, click on "Playstation Perfect" and you will find tons of info about shit like this.

[quote name='Zing']I'm sure Dangerboy (from digitpress forums) wouldn't mind a direct link instead of unnecessisarily routing through your blog.
http://www.game-rave.com/psx/[/quote]

Acutally now you're not linked to the part people need to see. It's good to know that you're trying to make yourself feel useful, even thought it doesent mean you are.:roll:

[quote name='Rozz']Acutally now you're not linked to the part people need to see. It's good to know that you're trying to make yourself feel useful, even thought it doesent mean you are.:roll:[/QUOTE]
Sorry. Your link with "tons of info" went to just the images page that doesn't actually have any info at all, just pictures. I linked to the page with "tons of info" instead.

[quote name='Zing']Sorry. Your link with "tons of info" went to just the images page that doesn't actually have any info at all, just pictures. I linked to the page with "tons of info" instead.[/quote]

There's more info on FF VII on that site? I thought there were just the pictures... just trying to help out CAG's here.

bread's done
Back