Final Fantasy VII or Crisis Core first?

JBlade00

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
Hey all,

I haven't played many FF games so I was wondering which I should play first? Since I could buy and load FF VII on my psp, should I play that first or Crisis Core (since it is a prequel correct?)

Thanks!

FF VII. The revelations won't have the same weight if you play Crisis Core first. Crisis Core also has a lot of moments designed as bits of fan service for those who played VII, which will go completely over your head if you didn't play VII.

Well, if you really want to get the full effect of the chain of commands,

First play,

Final Fantasy VII

then watch,

Advent Children

and then you finally play,

Crisis Core

Good luck.

Nono,

Play FF7, then play Crisis Core, then watch Advent Children Complete on Blu-Ray.

That way your familiar with all the characters and you don't get the spoilers and the little clips of Crisis Core that are in Advent Children.

[quote name='pete5883']After all those, play Dirge of Cerberus. Or at least watch the cutscenes.[/QUOTE]

Only problem with this is I don't have a PS2 or PS3.

I started FF VII. It's kind of a trip. The graphics are TERRIBLE by today's standard. Even GBA graphics are better most of the time. I never really played PSX so it will probably take some getting used to. Hopefully the story + gameplay makes up for it!

Thanks for the suggestions.

FF7, Advent Children, Crisis Core is the best recommended order. You could play Dirge, or you could pull your finger nails off with a pair of pliers. That game was about three years behind the curb when it was brand new, a stain on the world of FF7.

bread's done
Back