Final Fantasy VII - PSN only $9.99

Status
Not open for further replies.

loserboy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
This is a sort of deal and was posted in the discussion thread, but since it's only $9.99 I've posted it in the deals section--mods feel free to move.

Available on PSN right now for only $9.99 is the classic FFVII. As I'm sure you all know this can be downloaded and played on either your PS3 or your PSP...

[quote name='DarkSageRK']WTF are you talking about? CT was a terrible, terrible game. You're blinded by nostalgia. It doesn't even remotely stack up to anything coming out these days.

There have been some J-RPGs that have withstood the test of time, but CT is not one of them.[/QUOTE]

:boxing:

[quote name='Monroeski']Please stop falling for the blatant CT troll and get back to the actual topic, please.[/QUOTE]

I couldn't resist; but you're right.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']WTF are you talking about? CT was a terrible, terrible game. You're blinded by nostalgia. It doesn't even remotely stack up to anything coming out these days.

There have been some J-RPGs that have withstood the test of time, but CT is not one of them.[/QUOTE]

ROFL you have not listed any games to back up that wild complaint that the universally praised AAA CT and the DS CT are "terrible"

I bought FF7 yesterday, and it's my first Final Fantasy game. The 3D graphics are pretty horrid (the background textures are awesome, though), but it's a very addicting game. I'm currently in the slums after blowing up the first reactor.
I highly recommend playing the game, but it's not that accessible to newbies...

Damn ... this thread is like a zombie ... somehow never a deal to begin with and yet still shambling on to the top of the deal board as it stumbles away from the Deal Graveyard day after day ...

I'm probably not the first to say it, but I think it's time to put Sparky down ... retire him to the farm ... or at least maybe the PS3 discussion thread ... unless ... you know ... it's on sale for $5.99 ;-)

The irony of your post keeping this thread alive is overwhelming.

Oh, and getting a great game that's out of print and very expensive 2nd hand for cheap seems like a deal to me, but what do I know?

Yes, because 1 post out of the 500 kept it alive ... and maybe it was a deal ... you know, like a month ago ... but maybe the thread should be retitled FF7 Fanboy Orgy or Joint Jenova Jerk-off ... these are but a few ideas to keep the thread fresh

[quote name='prateeko']

Oh, and getting a great game that's out of print and very expensive 2nd hand for cheap seems like a deal to me, but what do I know?[/QUOTE]
$9.99 is the MSRP hence not a deal. You are not getting the out of print disc or a 2nd hand disc... you get exactly what you buy, the PSN version of FF7.

Lots of people don't feel that way about the definition of a deal, Expane, so there's no ruse debating it endlessly.

[quote name='Lord Darkstorn']I bought FF7 yesterday, and it's my first Final Fantasy game. The 3D graphics are pretty horrid (the background textures are awesome, though), but it's a very addicting game. I'm currently in the slums after blowing up the first reactor.
I highly recommend playing the game, but it's not that accessible to newbies...[/QUOTE]
The backgrounds are bitmaps, just like Resident Evil. I love bitmaps in games. I think Ninja Gaiden on DS is the most recent game to use bitmaps in the same style. Any other prominent titles to use them?

[quote name='expane']$9.99 is the MSRP hence not a deal. You are not getting the out of print disc or a 2nd hand disc... you get exactly what you buy, the PSN version of FF7.[/QUOTE]

One could say the thread in and of itself is a deal. I think I've pulled much enjoyment out of this thread from all parts of it. From the initial message to the banter over deal or no deal to stories of playing the game. Thread delivers. :mrgreen:

[quote name='expane']$9.99 is the MSRP hence not a deal. You are not getting the out of print disc or a 2nd hand disc... you get exactly what you buy, the PSN version of FF7.[/QUOTE]
It is a good deal, MSRP or not; "Deal" /= "sale."

Plus, if you consider the name of this website, getting the game for about $10 is certainly cheap compared to what you had to pay to obtain the game the day before E3 (or even the disc versions today, for that matter).

[quote name='Monroeski']It is a good deal, MSRP or not; "Deal" /= "sale."

[/QUOTE]

No, by definition MSRP is not a deal...it's the MSRP.... a deal is MSRP - X.

There is nothing to debate, it's not an opinion, it's black and white :)

MSRP is $9.99 so PSN FF7 for $9.99 is in no way shape or form, a "deal"

[quote name='expane']No, by definition MSRP is not a deal...it's the MSRP.... a deal is MSRP - X.

There is nothing to debate, it's not an opinion, it's black and white :)

MSRP is $9.99 so PSN FF7 for $9.99 is in no way shape or form, a "deal"[/QUOTE]

If you're going to debate semantics, I suggest that you actually look up the definitions of the things you're trying to argue.

A deal is incredibly subjective and will never be black and white. That's inherent in what a deal is. It's largely opinion based, just like value is.

MSRP stands for Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price, which means nothing in the scheme of a deal. Since a deal is defined as "a favorable sale," MSRP can easily be construed as a deal within certain contexts.

[quote name='GuardianE']If you're going to debate semantics, I suggest that you actually look up the definitions of the things you're trying to argue.

A deal is incredibly subjective and will never be black and white. That's inherent in what a deal is. It's largely opinion based, just like value is.

MSRP stands for Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price, which means nothing in the scheme of a deal. Since a deal is defined as "a favorable sale," MSRP can easily be construed as a deal within certain contexts.[/QUOTE]

I agree with this.

Take, for example, limited editions of games which ship with bonuses. Those are posted here all the time in the "deals" section, despite obviously releasing at MSRP (and even above MSRP for the standard edition). A "deal" is inherently subjective, and in my mind the connotation is just "this is cheaper than I would expect to, and be willing to, pay for this item". The fact that there's even a debate over whether this is a deal is itself proof that the concept is subjective.

[quote name='etcrane']Joint Jenova Jerk-off [/QUOTE]

If you're going to try to be funny, put a little more effort into it.

Really, I don't get the point of haters in this thread. If YOU don't like it, then don't join the discussion here. I thought it was a great price but I already have my FF7 discs saved from when I first bought this game. If I didn't, I would have jumped at the chance to buy this for $10.

[quote name='expane']No, by definition MSRP is not a deal...it's the MSRP.... a deal is MSRP - X.
[/QUOTE]
I think you'll find that the CAG community at large disagrees with this statement. Otherwise, there would not be a 5 page long discussion on the board about the recent price drop for Chrono Trigger. The MSRP is now $20 for that game, and many people are snatching it up and discussing the "deal". Now, whether or not FFVII is a deal or not, I think most of us can agree that just because something is MSRP, does not mean that it can't be a deal too.

[quote name='Disneyboy']I think you'll find that the CAG community at large disagrees with this statement. Otherwise, there would not be a 5 page long discussion on the board about the recent price drop for Chrono Trigger. The MSRP is now $20 for that game, and many people are snatching it up and discussing the "deal". Now, whether or not FFVII is a deal or not, I think most of us can agree that just because something is MSRP, does not mean that it can't be a deal too.[/QUOTE]

This is where it becomes subjective. Whether or not it is considered a deal, we have to look at the purpose of this forum. Playing devil's advocate, I would say anything at actual retail value should not be considered a deal regardless of the enjoyment value. That being said, I would strongly suggest buying this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back