Final Fantasy VII Used Back in Stock - GameStop Online

Hopefully this will drive down the prices on amazon.com. The price of the game has been skyrocketing. And it has been continuing to climb. A few days ago, the game was $90 for a new copy. Now it $95 from the same retailer.

$30 is still absurd. I think I paid $40 back in 1997 or whatever christmas after it came out..

Wow, just shows that you never know what games will be collector's items. I got mine in 2000 on half.com for $4.75! It's a non GH copy. I still have it and everything is still in perfect condition. Guess I could sell it for a nice profit, but I wanna keep my copy.

Yeah $30 is too much for the game, for me at least. I just recently thought about picking up a copy but then found out how much people were charging for it ... screw that. I just hope that the game becomes available on the PSP's download service.

Hmm...so they raised the price $10, eh? I'm surprised they haven't raised it to $40-50 because of demand. I passed up multiple copies at $20 during the buy 2 get 1 free sale before Christmas. Next time I went back some Ebayer had bought them all.

I never did play FFVII, but it slowly started to disappear once I got a job, then before you know it it reaches insane prices.

[quote name='smellhasreturned']i loved FF7 but i let my fat friend borrow it and he returned it with 2 discs. blargh[/quote]

yeah i guess fat people must be implicitly morons like your friend, right?

[quote name='sideshow23bob']yeah i guess fat people must be implicitly morons like your friend, right?[/quote]

I don't see what's wrong with this line of thinking.

I'm not fat, and I am also not an implicit moron. There's a correlation.

[quote name='anderton']I don't see what's wrong with this line of thinking.

I'm not fat, and I am also not an implicit moron. There's a correlation.[/quote]

Yeah, the fat guy probably just got hungry and ate the third disc.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']I bought a used non-GH version of FF7 for ten dollars at a Park N Swap. Should I sell it now and just rebuy it when the value has went down?[/QUOTE]

might as well.

Shit, now I'll never get the chance to play this game (I never have) I doubt this game is still good enough for the 30 dollar value these days.

I'm suprised they haven't done like a re-release a la FF:Anthology, etc with FF7-9. It'd be nice to have a whole game on one DVD disc rather than multiple CDs. I'm kinda suprised that they didn't do that when Advent Children was released.

I guess we can all hope for the "ps3 demo" to be a real remake ;)

[quote name='xboxowns']Shit, now I'll never get the chance to play this game (I never have) I doubt this game is still good enough for the 30 dollar value these days.[/QUOTE]

It's well worth $30, especially with the coupon codes floating around.

And on a related note on something from FF7 that isn't worth buying but will probablly go for insane prices on ebay one day:

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=030098

One of the easy to find rpgs and value is insanely high.It may soon touch the suikoden ii,valkyrie profile and panzer dragon saga ebay price.Those crazy fanboys,they sure increase the price for this bad boy.

[quote name='fatbeer']One of the easy to find rpgs and value is insanely high.It may soon touch the suikoden ii,valkyrie profile and panzer dragon saga ebay price.Those crazy fanboys,they sure increase the price for this bad boy.[/QUOTE]

How is it easy to find? I don't know about where you live, but I can't find the game anywhere new or used.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']It's well worth $30, especially with the coupon codes floating around.

And on a related note on something from FF7 that isn't worth buying but will probablly go for insane prices on ebay one day:

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=030098[/quote]Whoa... I had no idea they were selling this separately. So let me get this straight... on launch, they were selling both the DVD and the bonus for $20. Now the DVD alone is $25 and the bonus is $10. Nearly double the price for both.

That's capitalism, I guess. Glad i got both for $20 :D

I've said it before, but this game sold something on the order of 3 million in the US alone, so it's not "rare" by any means. It's just that people (like me) don't want to get rid of it.

[quote name='rooter']It's worth nothing, worst game in the series post ff2, has aged horribly too.[/QUOTE]

flamewar ensues.

--some people defend it
--some people attack rooter personally
--others defend rooters claims
--some other people act as moderates-- kinda liking, some moderately disliking FFVII
--at least one guy posts the blatant spoiler that Aeris dies at the end of the first disc OH SHI--

okay, now that that's out of the way....

[quote name='winter']How is it easy to find? I don't know about where you live, but I can't find the game anywhere new or used.[/QUOTE]

Do a search on ebay for FF7, valkyrie profile, and panzer dragoon saga. There are 150 FF7s, 20 valkyire profiles, and 5 panzer sagas. There are tons of copies available, its just that people dont trade them in to stores or if they do they're bought quickly.

[quote name='winter']How is it easy to find? I don't know about where you live, but I can't find the game anywhere new or used.[/quote]

It cant be that hard to find. This is not some weird niche rpg that only had 100,000 copies printed. Square made millions of copies of this game. It may be expensive, but certainly not rare.

[quote name='Puffa469']It cant be that hard to find. This is not some weird niche rpg that only had 100,000 copies printed. Square made millions of copies of this game. It may be expensive, but certainly not rare.[/QUOTE]

Maybe most people just want to hang on to their copy? I don't know, I was very surprised to find this game at such high value. I remember I was selling it used for $12.99 just a year ago at EB.

[quote name='Scahom1']Maybe most people just want to hang on to their copy? I don't know, I was very surprised to find this game at such high value. I remember I was selling it used for $12.99 just a year ago at EB.[/quote]

Yeah, the value/price has definitely gone up only recently. Thats the reason why its getting harder to find copies around. Cos people are scooping them up to dump on ebay. I recently sold my second copy on ebay cos at the prices it was going for it was too good to pass up.

I think this may be a temporary price jump tho. Maybe cos of Advent Children, and FFXII coming up, I dunno? I find it hard to believe that a game that theres like, 5 million copies of floating around will keep a value thats higher that its original price. Especially when it could be picked up for $20 or less for the last 8 years.

I bought a complete GH copy for $30 BC a couple weeks ago, peeled off the stickers and flipped it on Ebay for $52. Easy money. Not as easy as SMB Classic, but definitely easy.

I might just go back and buy it, I saw a copy for $29.99 but didn't want to tie up my money. I thought the value subsided by now, but I guess not. I'll keep my copy and flip the other on eBay to fend off the pain at the pump.

So I Ordered a copy of FFVII from Gamestop when this was first posted and I received my package in the mail. Opened the box and found a New PC Guild Wars Factions Collector's Editions (retails for 69.99) instead of the FFVII which was indicated on the packing slip. Someone messed up in the warehouse....

[quote name='dsullo']So I Ordered a copy of FFVII from Gamestop when this was first posted and I received my package in the mail. Opened the box and found a New PC Guild Wars Factions Collector's Editions (retails for 69.99) instead of the FFVII which was indicated on the packing slip. Someone messed up in the warehouse....[/QUOTE]

I just got my copy today and Im not much better off. I was shocked that I actually got a GH case. The first discs 1 + 2 were non GH and refurbished so that was fine, but the third disc turned out to not be a 3rd disc at all, it was a GH disc 1. Oh, and i dont have a packing slip either.

[quote name='soonerdoc']just sold an original package unopened FF7 last week on amazon marketplace for $106.99 (made 93 bucks after fees)[/QUOTE]

By original package do you mean non greatest hits?? If thats the case then you got screwed.

[quote name='pinoy530']By original package do you mean non greatest hits?? If thats the case then you got screwed.[/quote]
He could have made $200 profit on ebay...

How can gamestop suck so consistently, arrggh, So I ordered 2 copies( 1 was going to be a gift) of FF7 2 weeks or so ago, and they show up today, but 1 copy is FF8 and the other is missing Disc 1.
I'm about to check out gamestop's return policy, but if anyone could give me the skinny on how it works I'd appreciate it. I have a local EBgames that I haven't been to in 6 months so assume it might be a gamestop now, but do you think they'll accept my returns or exchanges?
Thanks and I won't plan on buying anything from Gamestop in the future.
Bad service for a bad price it seems.

[quote name='smellhasreturned']i loved FF7 but i let my fat friend borrow it and he returned it with 2 discs. blargh[/QUOTE]

Damn those fat people.

[quote name='sideshow23bob']How can gamestop suck so consistently, arrggh, So I ordered 2 copies( 1 was going to be a gift) of FF7 2 weeks or so ago, and they show up today, but 1 copy is FF8 and the other is missing Disc 1.
I'm about to check out gamestop's return policy, but if anyone could give me the skinny on how it works I'd appreciate it. I have a local EBgames that I haven't been to in 6 months so assume it might be a gamestop now, but do you think they'll accept my returns or exchanges?
Bad service for a bad price it seems.[/QUOTE]

seems like you need to order 10 copies next time just to get 1 game.

[quote name='soonerdoc']just sold an original package unopened FF7 last week on amazon marketplace for $106.99 (made 93 bucks after fees)[/QUOTE] LOL..................LOL............... LOL................. LOL.................... LOL............... Good proFIT... ............... LOL

[quote name='sideshow23bob']How can gamestop suck so consistently, arrggh, So I ordered 2 copies( 1 was going to be a gift) of FF7 2 weeks or so ago, and they show up today, but 1 copy is FF8 and the other is missing Disc 1.
Bad service for a bad price it seems.[/QUOTE]

I ordered one copy and mine didnt come with disc 3. Maybe someone stashed my disc 3, your disc 1, and someone else's disc 2? I took my copy to a local ebgames and they were able to get me a refund, of course, I lost my shipping. I called their website number and they gave me an email that had a return label, but since they were back ordered all they could do was give me my money back, so I just took it back to a b&m.

[quote name='soonerdoc']just sold an original package unopened FF7 last week on amazon marketplace for $106.99 (made 93 bucks after fees)[/quote]

Should've gone the eBay route - seeing those go for $150

bread's done
Back