Final Fantasy VIII Greatest Hits Question

Reiniku

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
I've been trying to track down a nice condition BL copy of this game and I was just wondering if some experienced people out there knew if the GH version of FFVIII came with the mini-walkthrough like the BL version does.

Man, it's tough sifting through all the listings/posts of GH copies of the game going for a pittance. Anyone else share my pain of thinking that the GH releases of ps1 games are butt ugly? :drool:

Neon green had run its course when the PSone launched -- much less by the time they were ready to start rolling out Greatest Hits.

Yeah it comes with the mini walkthrough and yeah I thought that big green label on the side does put it on the ugly side. But IMO as long as I my hard copy of it, I'm happy.

I thought the GH sucked because I thought they censored games example: like FF8's devour command's screen but little did I know the original version was the same way. You could just cover the case with a playstation black label cut out or spray paint it.

If you don't already have a copy of FF7, then go ahead and pick up the Greatest Hits green label. There are no actual differences between the two versions of the game. The discs are identical, the only real difference is the case. Collectors tend to prefer the original version over the greatest hits version of the case. But it is more important to have a copy of the game than worry about which one. Of course, a die-hard collector would insist on having BOTH copies.

[quote name='Richard Kain']If you don't already have a copy of FF7, then go ahead and pick up the Greatest Hits green label. There are no actual differences between the two versions of the game. The discs are identical, the only real difference is the case. Collectors tend to prefer the original version over the greatest hits version of the case. But it is more important to have a copy of the game than worry about which one. Of course, a die-hard collector would insist on having BOTH copies.[/QUOTE]

Actually, the discs are NOT identical- Greatest Hits run discs are colorless backbround (aka, 'silver') with a line art/grayscaled variant of the disc art. First run discs are full color. This isn't exclusive to Final Fantasy games- in fact, the Final Fantasies are less effected (white background with a game logo vs. silver with a game logo. Not a big deal.)

Disc content, however, is excactly the same. Unless you're really picky about the looks and that green bar really, really bugs you, there's no reason to pay a premium for white discs and a black cover bar.

FYI, I have a black label copy in my lowball in the trading forum.

It needs a new case because the case has a crack on the back, but the discs are in good shape and it's complete.

[/shamless self-promotion]

bread's done
Back