final fantasy VIII strategy guide

freund219

CAGiversary!
I saw a final fantasy VIII strategy guide at a flea market the other day. It was $3. I flipped through it and it appeared to be in pretty good condition. How much is it worth?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ZerotypeX']as far as I know, I do not believe any FFVII guide is considered rare or worth much.[/QUOTE]

The Versus FFVII guide is rare. As for FFVIII the guide is fairly common

[quote name='TheBlueWizard']That's not a bad price for the FFVII versus guide. The Brady guide isn't worth that much and I'm not aware of any of the FFVIII guides being worth that much.

TBW[/quote]

It's not a bad price because it is missing the poster.

For some reason the Versus version of any game guide is always worth the most. I guess they had better writers.

If I get a bradygames one of FFVII I always just bundle it with a FFVII and the price will go up $20 or so.

FFVIII guides aren't worth much, however. I'm sure you could easily double your $3 though, but it probably isn't worth the time.

I had the Versus Guide for FF7 back in the day, and it was definitely the definitive guide for that game, it went far more in depth into the side quests such as Chocobo Breeding, and the Accessories, then the official guide. I do believe the official FF7 Guide (Is that the Brady one?) had a recent reprinting, as I've seen it on the shelf at Borders at least once in the past few months, so if it was worth anything, it's not anymore.

Thanks for all the feedback. I looked on ebay, and most of them went for $10-15, so there's no point to buying it for less than $10 profit.

bread's done
Back