Final Fantasy X Help

Mr. Anderson

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Need...Help...Blood....Boiling........SOMEBODY help me with this boss battle in Final Fantasy X!

I just came out of the cave on Mt. Gagazet, and theres that damn Sanctuary Keeper boss. Its that huge god damn cat. I can't beat it. I CANNOT beat it. I read the walkthrough. Hastega with Tidus, Threaten with Auron, rinse, repeat! It will not die. IT WILL NOT D I E . Every time I get it below 20,000 HP, it just Curagas and Photon Blasts, which royally fucks me, because I'm back where I started, and I'm full of status ailments, one of which is curse, and I only have FOUR Holy Waters on me, with NO shops/merchants around. I really, really need some help. Any and all would be greatly appreciated.

Yea go back down the mountain where ( Cinema takes place with all the cats not letting u pass) and they CAT dude will be down there and he sells stuff on the left hand side. U also have to fill up all of ur limit breaks with everyone it will help out alot and if u are having aalot of trouble just go back and level up somemore. Also limit break ur Aeons also, he will banish them with one hit but u can get a good hit on him if u have the limit breaks up...hope it helps a lil...

Wait a minute, your thinking of Seymour. I whooped his ass, easy. I'm talking about that huge white cat thing. Its after you get out of the cave.

Sounds like you need to be higher level. Fight the monsters inside the cave and level up more. If you haven't ever just stopped and leveled up for a while (hours) near a save point then I'm not surprised you are having troubles with a boss. If you having problems with that fight, wait until you hit the final boss - you are going to get spanked!

And I'm also reaoyally screwed right now, because I've been leveling up for a while now, and I'm at the end of just about all my characters Sphere Grid thingys. I would break into other characters, but I only have one Lv. 2 Sphere. What the f#*k am I supposed to do?

O yea he is hard lol sorry i told u worng directions let me see ill go try and see if i can find out more info for u ill look right now be back in like 5 mins

Here is some help i pulled it off my favorite game help website Gamewinnners.com hopefuklly this helps u...................One of my favourite battle of the game, and one of the most technical one as
well. Sanctuary Keeper is definitly one nice cheater, and and he is
extremelly intelligent compared to the previous bosses you fought. Let's talk
about his attacks. He will use Photon Wings, which is deadly. It deals around
1500 damage on party and inflict abnormal statuses such as Sleep, Darkness,
Silence, Curse, and the horrible Confuse, and maybe even poison(not sure
though). Now, he will also use some physical attacks for nearly 1000 damage
points on one character, and he will also use Mana Breath for around 2500
damage on one character. In last, he will also use Tail Sweep, which damage
whole party for around 1000 damage, but it also dispel Haste. That is for the
offensive attacks, but for his own sake, he'll use spells like Esuna, Curaga,
Reflect, Regen and Protect too. SO, what to do? Well first, I found that the
best way to beat Sanctuary Keeper down was to keep him busy. How? Well, as I
told you, he is intelligent. So if you let use an abnormal status on him,
he'll use Esuna on himself. Now if you use Reflect on him so he can't use
Esuna on himself again or otherwise it'll be reflected, he'll use Reflect on
one of your characters to then cast Esuna on the reflected character. He'll
use this strategy to heal himself with Curaga or cast Regen or Protect as
well. So as I told you, it's good if you have him waste his turns trying to
cure some abnormal statuses inflicted on himself so in the meanwhile you can
beat the crap out of him. As I heard, you can inflict Silence on him using
Silence Buster so he'll be silenced for one turn however, I'm not sure about
that. Now, to beat down Sanctuary Keeper, use Armor Break on him so you can
cut his defense, then have your best strikers beat him. If he never cast
Protect on one of your reflected character so it can be reflected on him,
Dispel him then have Armor Break and Reflect re casted on him. Use your Aeons
if you wish, they always help.

I've never really found the need to just go around and level up for hours. And I wouldn't get the Celestial Weapons before the final boss....it just takes the challenge out of the game, especially since the final boss is easy anyway.

The Calm Lands Battle Arena version of the Sanctuary Keeper is like a bajillion times harder. but for a reaj challenge, try beating nemesis without the legendary weapons. that will take you a while with his 10 million hp lol. but i disagree with that person on Gamewinners(also my fave game site). the most enjoyable, and fun, boss battle of all time has to be either Saifer Sephiroth from FFVII or the final boss on FF Tactics(PS1)

get Bahamut another aeons and Yuna's overdrives full. summon bahamut and use the overdrive. then unsummon him and use Yuna's overdrive and do it again. then use the another aeons overdrive.

Wow I don't even remember that boss, guess I got lucky. Yunalesca is the only boss I had problems with - definitely stock up and level up before you fight her.

I can't give you specific advice since I don't remember this boss, but I usually try to make sure that I summon an aeon just before a boss does it's big attack (most have a pretty discernable pattern). Then the aeon dies and you are fine.

the thing that helped me the most was equipping my characters with anti-status armor. forget about the "20% stronger armor" etc. you can always use your healers to keep your party alive, and if need be, use phoenix downs to revive your dead characters. i also used "reflect" a lot so that i would be healed instead of him.

[quote name='havok2164']get Bahamut another aeons and Yuna's overdrives full. summon bahamut and use the overdrive. then unsummon him and use Yuna's overdrive and do it again. then use the another aeons overdrive.[/quote]

Yeah, it's a good strategy, I think I got like two straight Shiva overdrives on him (9999 each), and followed it with Bahamut for like 15K damage. Do this at the end of the fight and it'll work. But I do hope you've beaten it by now. :wink:

The regular game is pretty easy, one boss on that mountain was challenging though. The battle arena was alot more fun, it was at least a bit challenging.

If your character grids are almost maxxed out for lack of gates then any boss you can reach at this stage shouldn't be a problem. Don't forget to build up the Aeons, too. They can become extremely powerful.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']And I'm also reaoyally screwed right now, because I've been leveling up for a while now, and I'm at the end of just about all my characters Sphere Grid thingys. I would break into other characters, but I only have one Lv. 2 Sphere. What the f#*k am I supposed to do?[/quote]

If I'm rememebering right, which I'm probably not, You get the Spheres from the enemies in the Calm Land Arena, like the Origional and Species creations. I'm not entirely positive, so could someone back this up for me?

bread's done
Back