Final fantasy XI w/ HDD Bundle for $98.97!

ki3t

CAG Veteran
at ActionVillage.com you can pre-order the Final Fantasy XI w/ HDD Bundle for $98.97, Plus if u purchase over $100, u get free UPS Ground shipping!

doesnt seem like a deal, but before people rail into him, remmber some places are already saying thier pre-orders are filled

YAY....98.97! Compared to the original price of 99.99.

Damn, I'm sure glad I visit the CAG boards. That 1.02 I save is going to come in handy. 8)

[quote name='JoMasta']rofl

that msrp......plus who would buy then when it is only $40-$50 on pc? :|[/quote]

It also comes with a 40gb hard drive...

Which is going to be used also for SOCOM II, RE: Outbreak and more future PS2 games.

the best deal is when it was on ebgames.com with free one day shipping. 99 bucks, no tax, and you get it delivered to your house the morning it comes out. theyll probably be offering it again before it is released so i say wait for that.

Final Fantasy XI is gay

if u get it for ps2 its 50 for the game 50 for the hard drive, 40 for the modem
$12 a month plus $1 for every character
thats way too damn expensive
even if u get the pc version for 50

I thought 49.99 was bad for a game. GeeZ. Ok why pay 100 for a remake of everquest. Is it just me or has the last 4 square well ff games just sucked. FFx-2 is terrable xii is everquest ff cc dosn;t look very fun to me and well X was ok. I miss the old ff xvii days cloud was cool squall was cool that little monkey dude sucked. Oh well maybe the xvii movie wiull be good.

Anyone remember paying $79.99 back in the day for some N64 games? Why don't people understand that $100 isn't only a game, it's a harddrive.........................

$100 for 40 GB equals bad deal IMO Especially for a 'free' game I'll never use. I think I'd rather put that $100 towards an xbox.

have they come up with what to do with that 40GB yet? Can I save my games on it? can I download demos onto it? Can I upload CD's onto it to listen to ? I haven't heard any 'offical' word one on the use of this overprices magic box, only rumors and stories of the 'potential future' uses.

They better come up with some concrete applications instead of 'maybes' before I would ever shell out for this thing. Look how they dumbed down the PSX just before release. I hope they don't intend to let this HDD be a lame duck peripheral while the PS3 is just around the corner...

No, it doesn't do everything in the world, but since there are a handful of games that utilize it, that justifies the purchase for me. I would like to know that my PS2 that can perform any available function. The majority of people don't get it, but that's ok, afterall this is "cheap ass gamer", I wouldn't expect the majority of people to want every accessory for their system, especially ones for $99.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']i expect that shortly after this bundle is released, sony will rerelease the hdd by itslef. ill probably hold out for that.[/quote]

Exactly what I was thinking, but you can bet they will charge $60-$70 for it.

Anyone remember paying $79.99 back in the day for some N64 games? Why don't people understand that $100 isn't only a game, it's a harddrive.........................

Bugg, exect that this hardrive is not so great, its used for FFXi, and supposley downloadable SOCOM II maps. But THAT IS IT. YOU CAN NOT save your games on it.

[quote name='pachi']

Bugg, exect that this hardrive is not so great, its used for FFXi, and supposley downloadable SOCOM II maps. But THAT IS IT. YOU CAN NOT save your games on it.[/quote]

I'm more interested in future applications. I know you can't save games to it. You're right there is not much support now but since new games are going to utilize the drive it's worth it to me.

The deal is... if you are going to play FFXI get the hard drive now. If you're not interested in FFXI, might as well wait for it to be sold seperatly. Pretty simple.

[quote name='pachi']YOU CAN NOT save your games on it.[/quote]

That's not entirely true.

1. Newer games may have support for saving on the HD programmed in, and for these games, you can save directly to the HD.

2. You may copy game saves from your memory card(s) onto the HD for storage, just like you can store PS1 saves on PS2 cards. If your memory cards are filling up, you won't have to buy new ones any more =)

~yyr

I was hoping that it'd at least take the place of the memory cards. Guess I'll have to cancel the perorder.

As far as I have read Sony hasn't really come out and said what knd of use the hard drive is gonna have except for 2 things. One is for the new FF game which if im not mistaken will come pre installed on the hard drive and for downloadable content for Socom 2.
I have a PS2 and have been holding out for this game but $99 HD + game another $40 for the online adapter and the $12 a month subscription to play the game online makes me wonder.

[quote name='notoriousxbox']As far as I have read Sony hasn't really come out and said what knd of use the hard drive is gonna have except for 2 things. One is for the new FF game which if im not mistaken will come pre installed on the hard drive and for downloadable content for Socom 2.
I have a PS2 and have been holding out for this game but $99 HD + game another 40 for the online adapter and the 12 a month subscription services makes me wonder.[/quote]

Sony does'nt charge you a subscription(thats MS), they only charge you for certain games. Such as FF XI and Everquest(but these are on a month to month bases).

The game FFXI is going to require a monthly service charge of $12 a month to play it. Should have specified that the $12 a month I was talking about was to play the game.

I edited the post so there's no confusion.

Yeah I was also one of the lucky Beta Testers that will be geting one for free.

Hey Togepy do you have any clue as to when Square Enix will ship The Testers there Game and Hardrive ?

Yeah I was also a beta tester.

MorganWebbLover: From what I've heard from a friend, it was supposed to ship end of February but I'm kind of doubtful of that now.

It doesn't come out until the end of March, so I doubt it ships by the end of February (also known as today).

More on the functions of the HDD. I've been reading a game about developing video games and it said that in future games, they may be able to save stuff you've done on it, not like game saves that are put on the memory card, but the example they gave was if you dig a hole in a spot, the HDD could remember that hole and there would always be a hole there. I'm pretty sure that's what it said, I should go find that part again.

btw, I'm getting this for free too, even though I wasn't a beta tester, and I already have the NA, so all I've got to pay is $12 per month and $1 for my character. Do we get the first month for free on this game? What about the first character?

120gig harddrive at bestbuy for 69.99
After rebates.

But even still if sony would sell the harddrive for 39.99 i would buy it just for the ability to save 100000 games on it.

FF x was ok
FFx2 was horrible
FF11 IS horrible

[quote name='MorganWebbLover']Hey Togepy do you have any clue as to when Square Enix will ship The Testers there Game and Hardrive ?[/quote]

I think they are gonna ship it a week before it is released.

Has anyone checked to see if u can use that 5.00 off 25 ordr at bestbuy on the pre order of FF11 to make it 84.99 instead of 89.99?

im not buying it but was just wondering. sounds like bestbuy.com is the place to buy ff11/harddrive.

If you where a beta tester for the game you get it for free with the hdd 2 weeks beofore the offical release. You CANT beat FREE. See you guys online

figuring the $20 worth of games I traded for the 4 trade-in + $50
I still over paid. Hard drives are worth .50 a gigabyte a game I will never play ain't worth shit. So I guess i'm out of $50 bucks!!!!

Well, for the price of the game, you could get buy the pc version and a value Geforce 4, which IMO would be a better exp than playing it through the ps2. I have the pc version btw, even with the lower model Geforce 4 it will push better quality graphics than the ps2 version. HD space shouldnt be an issue for pc users... but if it is a concern

Officemax -WD 160 gig 60.00
Officedepot -Barracuda 160 gig 80.00

[quote name='Aznboi62188']

Final Fantasy XI is gay [/quote]

Says you. Have you even played it?

[quote name='Mr_hockey66']I thought 49.99 was bad for a game. GeeZ. Ok why pay 100 for a remake of everquest. Is it just me or has the last 4 square well ff games just sucked. FFx-2 is terrable xii is everquest ff cc dosn;t look very fun to me and well X was ok. I miss the old ff xvii days cloud was cool squall was cool that little monkey dude sucked. Oh well maybe the xvii movie wiull be good.[/quote]

You think FFXI is a remake of Everquest? If you knew what the hell you were talking about you know how much better FFXI is. Plus FFXI is FREE!!! You are buying the PS2 HDD for $99.

Cloud was cool, no doubt, but Squall was just some stupid angsty teenager. Zidane was awesome.

[quote name='danadude']Beta Testers get it 2 weeks before the official release? I hope so![/quote]

Beta Testers get their HDD and FFXI shipped 1 week before release. So we should get around the release date.

bread's done
Back