Final Fantasy XI with HDD - $19.99

Ecofreak

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
I went to CC today to look for Final Fantasy XI with HDD for $37.99 or something. They had one in stock, so I grabbed that and went to Toys R' Us to see if I could price match it. They said they had a Price Match Guarantee for three items max, so I asked for 3. When they totaled the three games, it came to about $60. I didn't dare say anything, and after I left the store, I look at the receipt and they reduced the price to $19.99! :D Odd that Toys R' Us still sells theirs for $99.99. No wonder they had about 13 in stock. :D BTW, I had to cart my girlfriend around town while I was doing this. Thought it would take 10 minutes, turned out to be 1.5 hours. >______<

My Girlfriend Says: My boyfriend is obsessed with this game finding. It's absurd. Really. I yell at him, threaten him, and have even tried 'withholding'... and to no avail. I hope all of you at there who read these silly websites are happy that you are encouraging him against my wishes. He listens to you--people who he doesn't know--over me. Oye. Oh well.. I suppose that's why I love him. (And, he buys me chccolate with the money he makes... so I guess it's okay. :D )

Awesome price! Is 38 dollars for the HDD normal at CC? I've wanted one for a while and this is a great price to get one at.

[quote name='Ecofreak']I went to CC today to look for Final Fantasy XI with HDD for $37.99 or something. They had one in stock, so I grabbed that and went to Toys R' Us to see if I could price match it. They said they had a Price Match Guarantee for three items max, so I asked for 3. When they totaled the three games, it came to about $60. I didn't dare say anything, and after I left the store, I look at the receipt and they reduced the price to $19.99! :D Odd that Toys R' Us still sells theirs for $99.99. No wonder they had about 13 in stock. :D BTW, I had to cart my girlfriend around town while I was doing this. Thought it would take 10 minutes, turned out to be 1.5 hours. >______<

My Girlfriend Says: My boyfriend is obsessed with this game finding. It's absurd. Really. I yell at him, threaten him, and have even tried 'withholding'... and to no avail. I hope all of you at there who read these silly websites are happy that you are encouraging him against my wishes. He listens to you--people who he doesn't know--over me. Oye. Oh well.. I suppose that's why I love him. (And, he buys me chccolate with the money he makes... so I guess it's okay. :D )[/quote]

Once again... games BEFORE dames!!!

You bet we're like peas and carrots! Only more interesting. And the fact she plays games like Dynasty Warriors 4 with me is all icing. :D

She's hardly a bitch. She hadn't eaten the entire day, and she tagged along without complaing once. She only told me that she hadn't eaten on the way home. I couldn't be happier. :D

It's important to support each others silly habits and interests :) When she wants to go shopping for a pair of jeans you better be right there with her for a few hours!

[quote name='jboy'][quote name='Ecofreak']I went to CC today to look for Final Fantasy XI with HDD for $37.99 or something. They had one in stock, so I grabbed that and went to Toys R' Us to see if I could price match it. They said they had a Price Match Guarantee for three items max, so I asked for 3. When they totaled the three games, it came to about $60. I didn't dare say anything, and after I left the store, I look at the receipt and they reduced the price to $19.99! :D Odd that Toys R' Us still sells theirs for $99.99. No wonder they had about 13 in stock. :D BTW, I had to cart my girlfriend around town while I was doing this. Thought it would take 10 minutes, turned out to be 1.5 hours. >______<

My Girlfriend Says: My boyfriend is obsessed with this game finding. It's absurd. Really. I yell at him, threaten him, and have even tried 'withholding'... and to no avail. I hope all of you at there who read these silly websites are happy that you are encouraging him against my wishes. He listens to you--people who he doesn't know--over me. Oye. Oh well.. I suppose that's why I love him. (And, he buys me chccolate with the money he makes... so I guess it's okay. :D )[/quote]

Once again... games BEFORE dames!!![/quote]

Wow, girls really get the crappy deal. First its bros before hoes and now its games before dames...

[quote name='Ecofreak']She's hardly a bitch. She hadn't eaten the entire day, and she tagged along without complaing once. She only told me that she hadn't eaten on the way home. I couldn't be happier. :D[/quote]

ill give you all my games and systems and MY girlfriend for your girlfriend straight up. mine has been known to sit on shelves and complain to no avail when i ask her to go with me. you'd think shed say no once or twice, but she doesnt.

p.s. im not really follwing how you got this that cheap? you bought it at cc then went to TRU and had it price matched? how'd you get it for 20 dollars? im looking to buy a PS2 with my FYE trade in credit.

To your girlfriend: If ya want a REAL man PM me. lol jk but its funny my girlfriend is the same way as yours lol. She didnt mind when i bought her some movies with that primal FYE credit though now did she!

Realistically, what are you all going to do with an official Sony HDD stateside anyway? The list of games that actually support it is pretty limited.

[quote name='MaxBiaggi3'] Realistically, what are you all going to do with an official Sony HDD stateside anyway? The list of games that actually support it are pretty limited.[/quote]

I'm probably going to get flamed for being honest, but I can sell some of them on eBay to help pay for my trip to Japan next year. Trying to pay for the whole trip myself so every penny helps. :)

Also, isn't there a program that can crack the PS2 games and store them directly on the hard drive - so you esentially get a game for free minus rental fees? I heard it was in the pipes sometime last summer.

[quote name='EddieBelfour'][quote name='Ecofreak']She's hardly a bitch. She hadn't eaten the entire day, and she tagged along without complaing once. She only told me that she hadn't eaten on the way home. I couldn't be happier. :D[/quote]

ill give you all my games and systems and MY girlfriend for your girlfriend straight up. mine has been known to sit on shelves and complain to no avail when i ask her to go with me. you'd think shed say no once or twice, but she doesnt.

p.s. im not really follwing how you got this that cheap? you bought it at cc then went to TRU and had it price matched? how'd you get it for 20 dollars? im looking to buy a PS2 with my FYE trade in credit.[/quote]

Thanks for the trade offer, but I consider my gf to be something along the lines of Godly-Rare. :D

As for the Toys R' Us thing - I dunno why the Sales Rep. rang it up for $20. I even showed him the receipt from CC. Maybe he misread the tag or wanted to really make my day.

[quote name='Weedy649']To your girlfriend: If ya want a REAL man PM me. lol jk but its funny my girlfriend is the same way as yours lol. She didnt mind when i bought her some movies with that primal FYE credit though now did she![/quote]

When my gf and I were talking last night about the post, she joked that she'll have a long line of guys trying to take her from me since she's a gamer with a pretty patient disposition, if her identity is ever found out. :lol:

*Shudder*

[quote name='Ecofreak'][quote name='MaxBiaggi3'] Realistically, what are you all going to do with an official Sony HDD stateside anyway? The list of games that actually support it are pretty limited.[/quote]

I'm probably going to get flamed for being honest, but I can sell some of them on eBay to help pay for my trip to Japan next year. Trying to pay for the whole trip myself so every penny helps. :)

Also, isn't there a program that can crack the PS2 games and store them directly on the hard drive - so you esentially get a game for free minus rental fees? I heard it was in the pipes sometime last summer.

[quote name='EddieBelfour'][quote name='Ecofreak']She's hardly a bitch. She hadn't eaten the entire day, and she tagged along without complaing once. She only told me that she hadn't eaten on the way home. I couldn't be happier. :D[/quote]

p.s. im not really follwing how you got this that cheap? you bought it at cc then went to TRU and had it price matched? how'd you get it for 20 dollars? im looking to buy a PS2 with my FYE trade in credit.[/quote]

Thanks for the trade offer, but I consider my gf to be something along the lines of Godly-Rare. :D

As for the Toys R' Us thing - I dunno why the Sales Rep. rang it up for $20. I even showed him the receipt from CC. Maybe he misread the tag or wanted to really make my day.[/quote]

Why put them on eBay, why not sell them to CAGs on here? I'm sure more than a few of them have been looking for them (I know because I had left-over people when I was selling them), plus I know there's even more of them than I know about that couldn't find them locally at their CC. I turned over eight of them to fellow CAGs and sold them for cost + shipping. Then again, it's always your choice.

You'd get more money for them on eBay, though you'd make CAGs happier if you offered them up here.

bread's done
Back