Final Fantasy XI [XBOX360] $19.99 @ Amazon.com

It seems these companies putting out MMORPGs with monthly fees on the 360 seem to forget that the majority do not want to pay for both LIVE and another service.

i tried the beta on this thing and the install took longer than the amount of playtime it required for me to start uninstalling it

[quote name='Malik112099']i tried the beta on this thing and the install took longer than the amount of playtime it required for me to start uninstalling it[/quote]

Haha! So true!

I (unfortunately) bought this for I think around $40 a long while back. I had the gross misconception that I'd actually get into it, knowing full well that the only online RPG that I've ever been at all interested in is PSO (which FF XI is nothing like).

The install took around 7 days and I played it somewhere around the grand total of 10 minutes before I took it off my harddrive. What a waste of money...

[quote name='opportunity777']It seems these companies putting out MMORPGs with monthly fees on the 360 seem to forget that the majority do not want to pay for both LIVE and another service.[/QUOTE]

You don't have to have LIVE Gold to play FFXI.

That doesn't stop it from sucking however.

If you do end up getting this, make sure you grab the $5 PriceGrabber rebate too!

I picked this up at the big Best Buy sale. Paid $10, which is $5 because of the rebate. Haven't opened it, and don't think I'm going to.

Hopefully, I can trade/sell it and get something out of it.

[quote name='Rig']If you do end up getting this, make sure you grab the $5 PriceGrabber rebate too!

I picked this up at the big Best Buy sale. Paid $10, which is $5 because of the rebate. Haven't opened it, and don't think I'm going to.

Hopefully, I can trade/sell it and get something out of it.[/QUOTE]

Doorstop.

No additional online fees and Id get it. PSO has an offline campaign. This doesnt. Pass. Its been sitting at my COMPUSA for 24.98 with 10% off. :roll:

I put 80 hours in it, and thankfully I realized it was just a waste of time. This game requires so much effort, and you don't get jack from it. You'll need walkthroughs for all the missions, and there's no PVP. Equipment is very expensive, and you don't really benefit much. Meh, I'm just glad I quit while I was still sane.

[quote name='Edge of Heart']Meh, I'll wait till it hits 10 bucks just so I can complete my Final Fantasy collection.[/quote]

That's the only reason I got the PS2 version. So I could complete the series. But having the the PS2 harddrive is a nice bonus. I'll never have to buy another PS2 memory card in my life.

This game is a great MMO...I've played it for the past 4 years and have loved every second of it....Unfortunately, its a major time sink and the 360 version performs HORRIBLY....The ps2 and pc versions run circles around this one and I cant figure out why.....

Stay far away from this game - from the beginning it's a chore to play. You'd have to pay me a substantial amount per year to get me to play this.

bread's done
Back