Final Fantasy XII $40 shipped @ Outpost

[quote name='wbc1228']wow................
nice price!!!!!!!!!!!!!
trying to decide if the CE is worth an additional $20.[/quote]

Ditto. Or I could just wait until it drops to $20 :whistle2:#. The tin box sure looks good :drool:.

[quote name='SniperREX']Ditto. Or I could just wait until it drops to $20 :whistle2:#. The tin box sure looks good :drool:.[/QUOTE]

yep, I agree.
The tin box looks awesome, but the "extra content" on the Collector's DVD is a major disappointment. I was expecting at least a sampler soundtrack and a mini artbook (and no, putting a few images on the bonus dvd doesn't count).

Considering how long they've been taking orders for the FFXII limited edition, I doubt that it's going to be limited at all.... heck, it may end up along the lines of the Halo 2 and Doom 3 collector editions, which retail for essentially the same cheap price now adays.

Definitely a tempting option here--thanks OP ;)

Great deal. I had to pull the trigger with that price, since I don't want the CE.
I hope Outpost has a deal on Gears of War soon.

I'm holding out for the CE from GameStop. I know everyone says it will not be Limited at all, but I'm a huge FF fan, and as far as I can remember, this is the first LE version of a FF game ever released. So, I'm pretty excited about it. Nice price though at $40.

I'll just wait a few months for the game to come down in price...i bought PoP: Warrior Within on CC for $12 shipped instead :)

[quote name='wampa8jedi']Considering how long they've been taking orders for the FFXII limited edition, I doubt that it's going to be limited at all.... heck, it may end up along the lines of the Halo 2 and Doom 3 collector editions, which retail for essentially the same cheap price now adays.

Definitely a tempting option here--thanks OP ;)[/quote]
Good point.

PD0 LE is another very nice tin box. Too bad the game sucks :bomb:.

I guess I'll just wait. I have a huge backlog anyway ;).

ordered. thanks op. Love the ff series and have the CE ordered as well. Will see how that rarity goes before I decide to keep it.

Yeah the tin looks nice but thanks for the alternative... This fall is gonna be expensive enough. Saving $20 is enough to make me fine with skipping the tin... I mean how many times can you pet a box...

I would bite on this but I swore off outpost.com preorders... I end up getting just buying it B&M after a few days after it doesn't ship on release date.

spoo -- agreed. I've pre-ordered from Outpost several times, and twice I've ended up canceling the order after 2 weeks and no game. It's not worth the ten bucks.

Outpost doesn't charge until they ship. Nice find OP.

I may jump on this, I WAS opposed to the CE due to the lack of valid extra content. But when I saw the the friggin tin, I was weakened. *must stay strong* We must show these publishers that we can't just be swayed by the "Bonus Content" buzzword. They are slowly validating and priming us for an extra $10 for each game, and it aint cool!

Is the LE a GS exclusive like RE 4 on the GC was?

If so, there won't be that many, because too many people will focused on the PS3.

[quote name='Dhuk']Is the LE a GS exclusive like RE 4 on the GC was?

If so, there won't be that many, because too many people will focused on the PS3.[/quote]

I don't get where you're coming from. The PS3 will be able to play this game on it. This will be pushed heavily by Sony and probably more so than any individual release until MGS4 and GoW 2 come out.

yeah the price is up.

I checked the CE edition, other than the nice tin box... you get a crappy bonus disc w/ interviews and trailers.... no Demos...

DEMO pack ins are what make CEs good.

[quote name='Reikon']For those who don't want the CE:

Link[/quote]

good find, but after playing the craptacular demo, I figure that as much as I love FF this one can wait until it hits the bargain bin.

[quote name='n25philly']good find, but after playing the craptacular demo, I figure that as much as I love FF this one can wait until it hits the bargain bin.[/quote]

See, i loved the FFXII demo included with DQ8. I like the new battle system, but i just dont shell out $40+ on games these days.

I haven't shelled out full retail for a game in a long while with the sole exception of Oblivion CE when it came out, and even that was a price match. Definately going to buy the CE tin. Thanks though!

[quote name='SynGamer']See, i loved the FFXII demo included with DQ8. I like the new battle system, but i just dont shell out $40+ on games these days.[/quote]

I tought the system was promising but needed a lot of work. I hate games that play themselves. It ciuld really use something between the old style and the new. I like the new style battle idea, but I don't want the system to play my characters for me.

[quote name='n25philly']I tought the system was promising but needed a lot of work. I hate games that play themselves. It ciuld really use something between the old style and the new. I like the new style battle idea, but I don't want the system to play my characters for me.[/quote]

Just turn off the Gambit System and you have COMPLETE control over your party/characters. Thats what many people forget, you can turn the Gambit System off and you're back to old school FF battles, just with a faster pace and the ability to move around during battle.

Yeah, it'll hit million copies in no time and i'll wait till it drop down $20 - $30 after 3-6 months. Esspecially, hope i can snag LE copy from CC or Target for bargain price. :)

[quote name='bassec']probably going to hold off on this till it hits $20 or so. Just got WAY to much of a backlog.[/quote]

I hear that bassec, I counted almost 60 games I still need to play. I really don't know what to pick from :drool:

[quote name='Masterkyo']Yeah, it'll hit million copies in no time and i'll wait till it drop down $20 - $30 after 3-6 months. Esspecially, hope i can snag LE copy from CC or Target for bargain price. :)[/QUOTE]

The LE is a Gamestop exclusive, so I'm not quite sure you're going to score one at those locations.

Yeah so I emailed them and it turned out I was supposed to reply to the backorder email that they sent me awhile ago. They offered to replace the order for the same price so it's all good. :)
I'll be sure to read all of their backorder emails from now on.

[quote name='Masterkyo']Yeah, it'll hit million copies in no time and i'll wait till it drop down $20 - $30 after 3-6 months. Esspecially, hope i can snag LE copy from CC or Target for bargain price. :)[/quote]
The LE is GS/EB exclusive. It is not as mass produced as the regular edition. So I doubt it will last long enough for the universal price drop.

[quote name='eau']The LE is GS/EB exclusive. It is not as mass produced as the regular edition. So I doubt it will last long enough for the universal price drop.[/QUOTE]

I have a feeling the LE for FFXII is going to be as mass produced as the Halo 2 or Prey LE's.

I mean, you can still go into GS and preorder it, which leads me to believe they are receiving a shitload of them, unlike the MGS 3 LE's or other LE's where they've stopped preorders.

Why does everyone make such a big deal about $10? $10 extra is NOTHING for an extra bonus disc with videos on it, and the tin is really cool. Plus you know you got something special.

I guess I'm just a die hard collector. I CANNOT have a game without having the CE.

[quote name='aoLat']Why does everyone make such a big deal about $10? $10 extra is NOTHING for an extra bonus disc with videos on it, and the tin is really cool. Plus you know you got something special.

I guess I'm just a die hard collector. I CANNOT have a game without having the CE.[/quote]

I'm completely with you on getting FFXII CE. The steel case was one of the selling points for me.

...but 10/60 = 17% and 25/60 = 42%. So, $10-$25 bucks can be a significant decrease.

[quote name='JBaby']I'm completely with you on getting FFXII CE. The steel case was one of the selling points for me.

...but 10/60 = 17% and 25/60 = 42%. So, $10-$25 bucks can be a significant decrease.[/QUOTE]

I went in to do the 20% more "Power Trade" for FFXII at Ebgames yesterday and I was going to preorder the regular edition but I found out that EB and GS and my area is no longer accepting pre-orders for the regular edition and are only taking preorders for the CE edition. I was also told at that store that they already had 75 preorders for the CE edition and they are only allowed 50 preorders for the regular edition. I hope people are not buying the CE edition in hopes of them becoming rare and increasing in price.

[quote name='groundskeeper']I went in to do the 20% more "Power Trade" for FFXII at Ebgames yesterday and I was going to preorder the regular edition but I found out that EB and GS and my area is no longer accepting pre-orders for the regular edition and are only taking preorders for the CE edition. I was also told at that store that they already had 75 preorders for the CE edition and they are only allowed 50 preorders for the regular edition. I hope people are not buying the CE edition in hopes of them becoming rare and increasing in price.[/quote]

Probably won't be much of an investment, although who would have guessed used FFVII copies would be going for as much as they did after Advent Children.

I like the steel case because it sets it apart from other PS2 games and makes me feel like I got more for my money (whether or not it's true...:???:)

bread's done
Back