Final Fantasy XII Collector's Edition - $49.99 + tax www.ebgames.com

xdl

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
I just bought it today in store and paid 59.99, checked the website, just dropped to 49.99. Ordered a second and will return that one to the store.

Use SAVER as the coupon code for free standard shipping. Total came to 53.xx after tax. Not the best deal ever, but for those who were holding out like myself, it appears now is the time.

[quote name='xdl']I just bought it today in store and paid 59.99, checked the website, just dropped to 49.99. Ordered a second and will return that one to the store.

Use SAVER as the coupon code for free standard shipping. Total came to 53.xx after tax. Not the best deal ever, but for those who were holding out like myself, it appears now is the time.[/QUOTE]

WTF?!
They dropped the price of this game (the collector's edition) already??
So the normal and collector's edition are the same price??
I want my money back.
I brought it at full price when it was first released and still haven't gotten a chance to play it yet
(yea.. yea.. I know I'm way behind).
Oh well...
I figured there will be a price drop, just not this rapidly.

Thanks for the heads up OP! I was going to go the cheap route and get my cousin the regular version for X-mas but this is a great price.

Noticed how they drop the price 2 or 3 days after the 30 day refund / price match policy if you got this game on launch? (or close to it?)

Bravo Gamestop!

Eh, $10 to have it a month ahead of time. Admittedly not great from a CAG perspective, but assuming you bust some hours into it, you can't go wrong no matter when you get it. Game is long as holy hell.

Don't know about you blokes, but I've officially stopped buying games as soon as they come out, period. One of the worst feelings is paying $40-$60 bucks for a game and then, three months later, the game goes down to $29 bucks, hell, this is why I am a CAGer!

You know how many Jr. Bacon Cheeseburgers at Wendy's that adds up to? ;) And with my massive backlog of RPGs (I still haven't even opened my XenoSaga I and II, Dragon Quest, SMT DDS and DDS2, and all the games from the Circuit City rampage this summer) I can afford the wait.

They must have printed a billion of these. I guess this is a decent price to grab it at; or is this a mass overprint of a Collector's Edition (Oblivion, Perfect Dark Zero, etc.)?

[quote name='eayoti']Don't know about you blokes, but I've officially stopped buying games as soon as they come out, period. One of the worst feelings is paying $40-$60 bucks for a game and then, three months later, the game goes down to $29 bucks, hell, this is why I am a CAGer!

You know how many Jr. Bacon Cheeseburgers at Wendy's that adds up to? ;) And with my massive backlog of RPGs (I still haven't even opened my XenoSaga I and II, Dragon Quest, SMT DDS and DDS2, and all the games from the Circuit City rampage this summer) I can afford the wait.[/QUOTE]

Usually, when a new game is release, the price is pretty decent at stores such as Fry's (sometimes overstock, bestbuy, circuitcity, & other online stores). An example would be Xenosaga III. Circuit City was selling the game for $29.99 when it was initially released. I price matched it over at Best Buy and got the shiny cover which was limited to the first batch. Often times, you can buy these games during the initial release, beat it quickly, and sell it back on ebay without losing much money (if any) in the process. So in summary, buying games on the release date isn't that bad of an idea (unless you're paying msrp).

Point taken, certainly, if that's why you're in for it.
Man, if I was a teenager, I'd be able to buy a 50 hour game and beat it quickly!

But damn, once you leave college and get a career, a really hot chick, it's hard to stay on top of your gaming affair...

Ah, video games. The first true love ;)

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Probably just getting ready for the PS3 by dropping all the PS2 MSRP to 39.99[/QUOTE]

We'll see how many of those (PS3s)actually make it out of the warehouse in March! :bomb:

Yeah, HS days were the best for gaming. Now that I'm in college.. I play video games like 1 a week, thats on a day I don't have class.. :(

Oh well FF12 rocks 70 hours so far, damn side quests.

Haven't even opened the copy I got when it first came out. So much backlog...

:bomb:

Oh, well. At least I paid it with store credit by trading in games, which cost me about $25 to buy, then pay an extra $10 for $35 total cost for a $60 game (at that time).

:bouncy:

Still, $10 is $10...I wouldn't have had to pay that extra $10!!!

:bomb:

bread's done
Back