Final Fantasy XIII $19.99 at Best Buy w/$20 RZ coupon

acidraine

CAGiversary!
This may have been covered in the Best Buy ad forum, but I thought it should have it's own post.

Final Fantasy XIII is on sale at Best Buy this week for $39.99.

Just like Blur last month, if you are a Rewards Zone Gamer Club member, there is a printable coupon for $20 off FFXIII; making the final price $19.99.

Still new so I can't post the link.

This may be YMMV depending on your Best Buy's coupon policy, but it's their own fault that they put out these Gamer Rewards coupons the same weeks they have in-store sales on the games. If BB management gives you guff on this, one of your responses could be that you did the same thing with Blur last month and management gave the ok.

As of 2PM, the Mansfield, MA location still had at least 3 copies of FFXIII for the PS3.

I brought 2 copies to the counter (so as not to appear overtly selfish), smiled, was polite and had the coupon activated without any trouble at all. The cashier's mood instantly soured, but I got my deal.

So good, I finally signed up and posted to the forums. :D

[quote name='TheBomb69']I never got an RZ card when signing up online. How do you get one?[/QUOTE]
You can give the cashier your phone number and they can look up your info, or you can print a "replacement" card from a link on the RZ front page.

Just picked up a PS3 copy...they had 2 left. No problems at all with the coupon. Also bought the Clockwork Orange blu-ray for $10. Oh yeah.

[quote name='the_legend_of_drtre']It's not the cashier's job to see if things work, it's their job to follow store policy and know how to read. All these coupons say invalid on sale items so if a cashier lets you use one on a game on sale then they are making a mistake.

People are always trying to blame workers for doing what they are supposed to do.[/QUOTE]
Whoa, slow down hoss. I wasnt blaming the employee at all. You are absolutely right. They did their job to the T. But we all know that most retail employees on the line dont care. Its usually not their career choice long term. If it scans, it must be fine, is the usual mantra.

Also, you are right again, the company should program their computers better and/or they shouldnt put out coups and sale items at the same time effectively canceling each other out. Waste of corporate resources...

is this a good game to start on for a person who has NEVER played a JRPG before?

MY view on games and their genres differ greatly..for instance, you're talking to the guy who enjoyed SC: Conviction better than ANY other SC game because it had less stealth and more action....so ya

Just wondering if this game has better 'whatever', and less 'bore' that i commonly see in JRPGs

[quote name='jcp42877']is this a good game to start on for a person who has NEVER played a JRPG before?

MY view on games and their genres differ greatly..for instance, you're talking to the guy who enjoyed SC: Conviction better than ANY other SC game because it had less stealth and more action....so ya

Just wondering if this game has better 'whatever', and less 'bore' that i commonly see in JRPGs[/QUOTE]

I'd go with no. I'd say Mass Effect 2 would be more up your alley

[quote name='jcp42877']is this a good game to start on for a person who has NEVER played a JRPG before?

Just wondering if this game has better 'whatever', and less 'bore' that i commonly see in JRPGs[/QUOTE]
I would say you wont like FF13 if you want action. FF13 isnt as slow as stealth gameplay, but its still pretty slow and long winded. But since this is only an opinion, I think there are some good TIVs out there, so buy it for $20 and trade it in and I bet you wont lose much if anything if you dont like it.

[quote name='BmBoWnZ']I'd go with no. I'd say Mass Effect 2 would be more up your alley[/QUOTE]

oh, well duh haha. On my third playthrough of ME2 right now. I love that 'trilogy'

FF13's battle system (once it gets going) is the fastest and most challenging that the series has yet produced... but no one is going to confuse it for an action game. Each turn may play out in just a few seconds, but you're still selecting what you want to do off of a menu every time.

for $20 everyone should give it a try. Also u can trade the game to amazon for $23. So even if u dont like it u can still flip it for a few bux.

[quote name='JSD']Has anyone confirmed yet if they'll let this fly at the BB in Burbank, CA? ... if not, I may try this on my lunch break, or after work today.[/QUOTE]

Just got back, verified working at the Burbank, CA BB. They were keeping FFXIII behind glass, so I couldn't really tell how many were left, but there were at least a couple.

Also picked up Spirit Tracks while I was at it, good deal for that one too. There were at least a couple Spirit Tracks left too.

Had no problem in the Crestwood IL store got Zelda and FF13(ps3) for about $37 not bad IMO.
Had plenty of copies in the back cage for PS3 and 360.

I managed to pick up the PS3 version in Downey, CA for $20. Too bad I have a large amount of games I should finish before I start this one.

Worked great here! Picked up FFXIII for $14 after using a GC that had $6 left on it. Thanks OP! I wouldn't have seen this deal otherwise since I don't visit the RZ thread that much.

Got rejected at Santana Row store yesterday morning. Can't use it on sale prices clause. I may try at a different BB later this week.

Awesome - cashier didn't even bat an eye while ringing it up. $20.99 out the door. Two or three copies of the PS3 version left at the BB on Laburnum near RIC.

Got the PS3 version yesterday...but they calculated the sales taxes at $40, and for some reason the coupon not working and the guy need to manually type in the coupon....I'm in CA so the sales taxes end up at $3.90

Meh, I'm probably gonna go ahead and bite on this for PS3. $20 for FF13 is not a bad deal at any rate, and even if it takes me a few months to get started, I don't see it being $20 again anytime soon...

I picked FFXIII without a problem. The girl at the register looked at the coupon closely but I guess she didn't realize that it was on sale or maybe she was being really cool.

Got a 360 version today no problems. Have it for PS3 already but just could pass up this version for $20, wanna see all the "issues" everyone is complaining about. Doubt it's anything big but I'd like to see for myself before talking smack about any version. Something others should do before speaking.

If you hand it to them in this order, things should go without a hitch.

1. Your rewards card.
2. The coupon.
3. The game.

got the ps3 version along with some other items, and used my reward zone certificate.
Surprised that tax was calculated based on the amount AFTER coupon and RZ certificate.

Coupon worked successfully at the Southpoint location in Durham NC. I picked up the last PS3 copy that was on the shelves, but they had a large number of 360 copies left.

[quote name='Purkeynator']I think we can all agree the coupon works and post something else now....[/QUOTE]

Bought Zelda: ST for $15 with $20 reward zone coupon no problem. :D

[quote name='uscommander']for $20 everyone should give it a try. Also u can trade the game to amazon for $23. So even if u dont like it u can still flip it for a few bux.[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly!

Picked up my PS3 copy @ Yorba Linda, CA this afternoon.

THERE WERE >10 LEFT (if that helps anyone).

I "reserved" my trade-in @ Gazelle. Locks in my price for a month so I could have some time to try it out in between playing RDR and ME2.

Thanks OP (whoever it turns out to be based on all the fighting in pages 1-5 of this thread).

[quote name='jjmai']got the ps3 version along with some other items, and used my reward zone certificate.
Surprised that tax was calculated based on the amount AFTER coupon and RZ certificate.[/QUOTE]

Ummm ... actually, that's how it's suppose to be done.

If they've been doing it any other way, it's frankly illegal.

[quote name='romeogbs19']Ummm ... actually, that's how it's suppose to be done.

If they've been doing it any other way, it's frankly illegal.[/QUOTE]

might vary by state but manufacturer's coupons apply post tax. (see Blur)

[quote name='DaBoltz']My thoughts exactly!

Picked up my PS3 copy @ Yorba Linda, CA this afternoon.

THERE WERE >10 LEFT (if that helps anyone).

[/QUOTE]

that's where I got mine ;)

[quote name='confoosious']might vary by state but manufacturer's coupons apply post tax. (see Blur)[/QUOTE]

Really? I've never seen it applied the other way. And even if that were true, this is a Best Buy coupon.

As far as I know, sales tax is supposed to be based on the amount of the sale (duh), meaning on the amount of money actually exchanged. If the item you bought was $40, but you paid only $20, then the tax is on $20 -- not on $40. That is flat-out wrong.

Think about it. Some of us I'm sure have had coupons that have allowed us to buy items for free -- do you pay tax on that? I never have and you're not supposed to.

Again, this might vary from state to state, but I'm frankly not understanding how a SALES tax somehow doesn't apply to the actual SALE amount.

Pretty happy to get this at the Dickson City PA store today for $21.19.
Game wasn't worth it for $60, but it's much more tempting to give it a second shot at $20.

[quote name='JoeCamNet']Pretty happy to get this at the Dickson City PA store today for $21.19.
Game wasn't worth it for $60, but it's much more tempting to give it a second shot at $20.[/QUOTE]
No copies left at the WB location?

[quote name='silentxstereo']i have a $10 RZ coupon/credit would it work with the $20 Gamer coupon?[/QUOTE]

Yes it will, I used both and got mine for $10 before tax. Also since I'm out of town I got a bonus, 2 copies of DA:O CE penny guides! Score!

bread's done
Back