Final Fantasy XIII $19.99 fullfilled by Amazon

It was a great game if people could accept it for what it is and not have high expectations like the other ff games

[quote name='malethief']It was a great game if people could accept it for what it is and not have high expectations like the other ff games[/QUOTE]

That's true. If you just lower your expectations, even a mediocre game is still...oh, wait...they'll still be mediocre.

[quote name='malethief']It was a great game if people could accept it for what it is and not have high expectations like the other ff games[/QUOTE]

You essentially just said you should accept it as a mediocre game, which is what it is. I have/had high expectations because the FF series is KNOWN for being a fantastic series of games. That's the whole point. Great story-telling, great depth in game-play, and an intriguing world. FF13 is none of those things. I'm a HUGE FF fan, I've played the games since I was younger than 10. I got this game for half price ($30) when it first came out; I was still upset at what I had spent. After an hour into the game I realized what I was getting into ("Moms are tough" line, anyone?); 9 hours later of forcing myself through it, I quit, unable to take any more.

Is it a 'decent' game some people will enjoy? Yes. Is it even remotely worthy of the Final Fantasy name? I don't believe so, and neither do many others.

Wait $20 isn't the retail price of this thing yet? It's constantly on sale around this price. Has been for a while. I still need to play it though. It'll probably stay deep in my backlog for a while.

It hasn't been around this price since Black Friday. (Unfortunately. I'd actually like to pick up the English version cheap and play again.)

Anyway, the deal is dead, now this is just going to be another "Final Fantasy XIII sucks" thread. :roll:

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Wait $20 isn't the retail price of this thing yet? It's constantly on sale around this price. Has been for a while. I still need to play it though. It'll probably stay deep in my backlog for a while.[/QUOTE]

No. I have been waitin for it to drop ever since I missed the Black Friday $18 deal at Target. The price moved back up to $40 after that, and is now hovering around $30.

[quote name='thisboywillbreak']Final Fantasy XIII sucks[/QUOTE]

Come on it wasn't that bad. Wait, I want my 50hrs back.

But will try ff132 for under 10 buks

Gotta complain somewhere, so why not in a thread? :)
No, actually I already got this at Best buy last summer for same price. 360 version though... Played two hours, wasn't too interested. Reason is, it didn't seem like a bad game, it's just: I really couldn't shake the feeling that this is a ps3 game, shoved onto three discs and into inferior hardware (no offense, Microsoft). I may borrow the ps3 version from my brother later when I get around to it.

[quote name='heyheyhey11']Come on it wasn't that bad. Wait, I want my 50hrs back.

But will try ff132 for under 10 buks[/QUOTE]

Hopefully by Final Fantasy CXXXII they'll have the whole... Running down the tunnel thing figured out.

I honestly was lost with its story in some parts, especially at the end.. but the game is pretty to look at and I didnt mind the combat system.

Was my GOTY last year and I'm not surprised they're making a sequel. I loved how they changed the fights and made the game more linear. They finally got rid of all the junk that made you think you were playing this gigantic game.

All those buying at this price will be glad they waited. I borrowed it from my brother and was pretty disappointed in how far the Final Fantasy name had fallen. Most people seem to enjoy it though.

I will probably get XIII once it is $10. I couldn't get excited about it when it was announced, coming, or released. I have such a huge backlog anyway.

[quote name='SolidMGSnake']I honestly was lost with its story in some parts, especially at the end.. but the game is pretty to look at and I didnt mind the combat system.[/QUOTE]
there was a story?

[quote name='GUNNM']there was a story?[/QUOTE]

Ya you know, there was that bad guy who turned out to be another guy who was I think somehow actually two guys but one of them was maybe god or something? Remember that?

I thought it was something like the thing that gives them a death sentence if they don't do a job they weren't told what the objective was besides random images was really a good guy.

Yes, story was meh. But the battle sytem alone makes it one of my favorite FF's. I've really never had so much fun with a battle system in a JRPG. Plus the graphics are just so damn beautiful. And the music! And the leveling/upgrade system doesn't suck *cough*FFX*cough*. Pretty much everything besides the story was awesome in XIII.

VERY weird story even by Final Fantasy standards, but I really love this game :) Battle system is.. good. Although it requires 0 strategy until you're about 75% of the way through the game. Even then it's still fairly easy.

Lots of cutscenes as well, but they are beautiful. I would say $20 is a awesome price for a good game

If you have some patience, the game will grow on you but it starts out really slow. I enjoyed the game a lot and $20 is very much worth it to me.

[quote name='chbong']Got mine today, it is a region 2 UK version. Do I miss anything?[/QUOTE]

As far as I know, the US and European PS3 versions are the same. They both have a bunch of different European languages (English, French, Italian, whatever) with English voices/songs.

The DLC was canceled, so no worries there either.

[quote name='chbong']Got mine today, it is a region 2 UK version. Do I miss anything?[/QUOTE]

Really??! Damn I fxxking hate them. Amazon keeps having these sellers selling their stupid import games. I just got Mirror's Edge UK version the other day and I had to return it to them. Looks like I will have to do the same for this one.

I need all my games in the same region. Who knows what will happen when FF XIII-2 comes out with some sort of save transfer from XIII?

i liked ffxiii, more so than most current jrp on ps3, and believe my opinion to me is what matters most :cool:

good price for a good game. elitists need not apply.

[quote name='chunlirocks']Does the price include the DLC with townz ?

thanks[/QUOTE]

haha I admit I lol'd

there were some towns they just didn't have any point to them.

I'm with the haters, this game was more of a failure than Mystic Quest which I also bought.

Mediocre is about the best compliment this game is fit to receive, its basically a turd wrapped in a beautiful package.

After going through like 20 non-Sonic PS3 titles to help me justify me buying the console in the first place, FFXIII and Heavy Rain are the only games that I clocked more than three hours on.

Darn me in being only interested in games that play differently than Your standard idea of an overall successfully made game. But anyway I though FFXIII is worth the $30.

[quote name='Camwi']fuck the haters. I enjoyed the game.[/QUOTE]

Seriously, it wasn't the best game ever, but it was still well above average. People just need to stop hatin on it.

bread's done
Back