Final Fantasy XIII - $54 shipped @ PlayAsia - Asian version

Apparently Japan hated it, so the prices over there have been falling.

That probably means it's a pretty good game.

Actually I think this is the "Asia" release but the japanese language version. They mark the japanese version with the little JPN flag. I think it was selling for like $90+

Tis the Asia version if you care about such things. All the ~$50 shipped ones on ebay are deceptive listings from Hong Kong that say "Japanese language version" but are in actuality Asia copies. Not that it matters game-wise as any PS3 will play either version.

Play-Asia is only selling first print Japanese copies and they're still selling them for $100 because they come with the FFXIV Campaign Code.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']Apparently Japan hated it, so the prices over there have been falling.

That probably means it's a pretty good game.[/QUOTE]

Japanese readers of famitsu already rated it the number one game of all time... yeah, they clearly hate it.

[quote name='bakutenten']Actually I think this is the "Asia" release but the japanese language version. They mark the japanese version with the little JPN flag. I think it was selling for like $90+[/QUOTE]

You, sir, are correct, sir!

[quote name='DarkSageRK']Apparently Japan hated it, so the prices over there have been falling. [/QUOTE]

Opposite of hated it - it sold more in a week than the next-best-selling PS3 game did in a year, so retailers bought a ton more copies, flooding the market. To put this in perspective, over half of the PS3s sold in Japan have a matching copy of FFXIII.

[quote name='wasurenai']Opposite of hated it - it sold more in a week than the next-best-selling PS3 game did in a year, so retailers bought a ton more copies, flooding the market. To put this in perspective, over half of the PS3s sold in Japan have a matching copy of FFXIII.[/QUOTE]

Yup, retailers are overstocked and sell them since everyone already bought a copy :D

"Final Fantasy XIII was released in Japan just before Christmas and met with remarkable success – it is the first PS3 title to sell more than one million units in Japan."

Hell here are the top selling ps3 games

Notice something ? Its in the top 10 selling ps3 games and it hasnt even come out in the united states yet (where games sell the most units)

For a terrible game its sure selling well

Not to mention 25% of ALL japanese ps3 owners bought the game the FIRST DAY it came out.

Thats absolutely freaking absurd

[quote name='dcm1602']"Final Fantasy XIII was released in Japan just before Christmas and met with remarkable success – it is the first PS3 title to sell more than one million units in Japan."

Hell here are the top selling ps3 games

Notice something ? Its in the top 10 selling ps3 games and it hasnt even come out in the united states yet (where games sell the most units)

For a terrible game its sure selling well[/QUOTE]

I mainly noticed that list is horribly outdated. :X

But whatever. I get it. The Japs love their Final Fantasy but not as much as they were expecting to.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']Apparently Japan hated it, so the prices over there have been falling.

That probably means it's a pretty good game.[/QUOTE]

Everywhere ordered too many copies. Some places are selling it for half price in Japan.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']I mainly noticed that list is horribly outdated. :X

But whatever. I get it. The Japs love their Final Fantasy but not as much as they were expecting to.[/QUOTE]

The problem with getting your information from Sankaku is that it's hilariously biased and makes you unaware of things that would seem obvious from any useful source - things such as console market penetration. Sankaku's reporting makes Fox News look like the Wall Street Journal.

I would think twice before basing your opinions off articles on that site.

[quote name='tossin']..."The Japs"...[/QUOTE]

I'm about as wapanese as they come so it's okay for me to use such shorthand. I mean, the Japanese and I are practically kazoku.

bread's done
Back