Final Fantasy XIII Deals Roundup

SuperJedi

CAGiversary!
* Tax * Tax is applied on $59.99

Best Buy
If today with Reward Zone membership(FREE) - $59.99+500 Bonus point ($10 Reward) + 60 Reward points

Final Value - $49.99 + 60 reward points + Tax

If March 12th-March 13, you may be also able to use the 10% coupon they mailed.

Final Value - $43.99 + 54 or 60 reward points + Tax

Target

$59.99 + [10% (Redcard(Target Credit Card)/Employee)] + $10 Gift Card

Final Value -$49.99 + Tax Or
$43.99 +Tax

Toys R Us

$59.99 + $13 Gift Card + Tax

Final Value + $46.99 + Tax

GameStop

Final Value $59.99 + Tax (Unless Midnight give away Free stuff it's the WORST deal!)

Amazon

$59.99 + $10 Credit to only games + No Tax (Many states)

Final Value $49.99

(These are NOT verified by myself, but says the others)
TRU online

Use coupon 935009 for 10$ off 50$ to make it 49.99 + tax since it has free shipping.

Frys
$52.99 + Tax

Ultimate Electronics B&M

$49.99 + Tax

Any others I missed?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CalamityX1']Hey, can I get the giftcard from Toys R Us right off the bat? Or do I need to be a member?[/QUOTE]

you do not need to be a member to get the GC...

dang I really wanted to wait to get FF13 on a B2G1 sale but all these deals are tempting but I think I can wait it out.....But who knows

ok, I'm sure I'm going to get harpooned for this, but since its release day..the one thing I can't figure out about this game is there a monthly service to play? or is it just straight up play the game to the finish, solo? After getting the Official Playstation magazine and them claiming its more of an action game, then I might be able to get into it, especially after how ME2 became more of a shooter which is the best experience I'm having right now!

token2k6: it's a single player game, there are no monthly fees

Final Fantasy *14* is an MMO and will have monthly fees

[quote name='Vortextk']None of this has anything to do with math in the first place, it's perception.[/QUOTE]

i'm sorry, is perception what Enron used? or Greece to cover their massive debts in order to maintain present fiscal solvency?
Math is math. a $10 gift card to a specific store in the future is not $10 cash in hand now that can be spent at any store. it is not a savings. it is a future savings.

[quote name='ithebigc']FFXIV is obviously not available on the Xbox 360[/QUOTE]

FFXIV is also coming to 360. But you're right - anyone who has a choice should get XIII on PS3, unless they really like achievements.

[quote name='gkrykewy']FFXIV is also coming to 360. But you're right - anyone who has a choice should get XIII on PS3, unless they really like achievements.[/QUOTE]

really? I heard the 360 version is superior, so that's the one I'm getting. I am very surprised to see people say the 360 version is superior. I mean, if the PS3 version's superiority had been repeated ad nauseum, millions of times a day for the past week on every single forum on the internet, then this would not be such huge news.

[quote name='ninja dog']really? I heard the 360 version is superior, so that's the one I'm getting. I am very surprised to see people say the 360 version is superior. I mean, if the PS3 version's superiority had been repeated ad nauseum, millions of times a day for the past week on every single forum on the internet, then this would not be such huge news.[/QUOTE]

I think you mixed up your words . and yes it have practically PROVEN that the PS3 version is superior . None the less the game is going to be great for both system . It is just the disc swapping and compressed disc that the 360 suffers with :D

[quote name='ninja dog']really? I heard the 360 version is superior, so that's the one I'm getting. I am very surprised to see people say the 360 version is superior. I mean, if the PS3 version's superiority had been repeated ad nauseum, millions of times a day for the past week on every single forum on the internet, then this would not be such huge news.[/QUOTE]

Apparently you're not paying attention to what you're reading then.

I mean.. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_XIII

In an interview in Famitsu, Square Enix said the audio and video in Final Fantasy XIII will be compressed onto 3 DVDs in the Xbox 360 version while the PS3 version will be uncompressed and be on one 50Gb Blu-ray Disc.[65][66]
Initial screenshots of the Xbox 360 version released by Square Enix to compare to the PlayStation 3 version were revealed shortly after to be screenshots from the PlayStation 3 version, with the Xbox 360 control icons pasted on top.[67] Square Enix apologized, claiming there would be no need to enhance the Xbox 360 screenshots and that a mistake was made,[68] and later released screenshots that did come from the Xbox 360 version.[67] Though the screenshots were of low quality, including one with a mouse pointer over it,[69] analysis of the new screenshots and later technical analysis by DigitalFoundry of both versions of the game revealed that the Xbox 360 version runs at 576p, as opposed to the PlayStation 3's native resolution of 720p.[2]

yeah, but the 360 version has achievements and cross game chat. and I like how it's on 3 discs-- if one of them gets ruined, you can replace it for a 1/3 of the cost. If your ps3 disc gets damaged, you just lost the game.

[quote name='ninja dog']yeah, but the 360 version has achievements and cross game chat. and I like how it's on 3 discs-- if one of them gets ruined, you can replace it for a 1/3 of the cost. If your ps3 disc gets damaged, you just lost the game.[/QUOTE]

I guess trophies don't count, and cross game chat will be very useful in FF13, and it will be very easy to replace a single dvd.

anyway, let's not turn this thread into a PS3 vs 360 comparison like all the other FF13 threads ;)

[quote name='ninja dog']yeah, but the 360 version has achievements and cross game chat. and I like how it's on 3 discs-- if one of them gets ruined, you can replace it for a 1/3 of the cost. If your ps3 disc gets damaged, you just lost the game.[/QUOTE]

lol, blu ray discs are almost indestructible, but whatever makes you feel good I guess.

[quote name='Gigamaster89']If you want to get technical, future value of money is less when you converted it into present value, depending on the interest/discount rate.[/QUOTE]
Though the lessening of actual value for a $10 gift card will be negligible/nonexistent when I use it in 5 days for Pokemon. :D

Id reccomend going to BB to PM the TRU gift card. Just did that and it comes out to $23 in total credit for a future purchase

Thanks for the info round up, TC.

Nice idea Havok83, I will try that.

EDIT: dang, my new PSN card looks ugly.

[quote name='SuperJedi']
If March 12th-March 13, you may be also able to use the 10% coupon they mailed.

Final Value - $43.99 + 54 or 60 reward points + Tax[/QUOTE]

Is this a coupon they already mailed or should it be here this week?

Cause if so, I also have a $20 reward certificate I need to use bumping that down to a pretty $24 or so.

walmart.com is carrying FFXIII for 59.96 + $10 GC + ~2.50 shipping + tax for most (+ 5% BCB if you can get it - no idea what the magic words are these days; you can always try the javascript trick)

[quote name='4thHorseman']Is this a coupon they already mailed or should it be here this week?

Cause if so, I also have a $20 reward certificate I need to use bumping that down to a pretty $24 or so.[/QUOTE]

I would like to know this as well (and if by 'mail' you mean regular mail or e-mail), but I am pretty sure you can make the purchase then go back with your coupon and receipt and get the discount. I'm off to try the TRU price match myself.

[quote name='Havok83']Id reccomend going to BB to PM the TRU gift card. Just did that and it comes out to $23 in total credit for a future purchase[/QUOTE]

Sorry I not really following what your saying so you got the game for $23 ?? I just want to know you the price you paid ?

[quote name='AndrewsAwesome4']Sorry I not really following what your saying so you got the game for $23 ?? I just want to know you the price you paid ?[/QUOTE]

He paid 60.00 and will receive 23.00 in gift cards in return. I'm assuming.

[quote name='Vanacloud']Um have you guys forgotten about the sweet Gamestop deal? Trade in 2 games and get the game for just 20 bucks? its the BEST deal[/QUOTE]
Not if you paid over $20 for those 2 games...

[quote name='Havok83']Id reccomend going to BB to PM the TRU gift card. Just did that and it comes out to $23 in total credit for a future purchase[/QUOTE]

This will be very YMMV - Best Buy's official policy is that they do not PM gift cards or free gifts with purchase.

[quote name='Vader582']RE: Gamestop Deal : Not if you paid over $20 for those 2 games...[/QUOTE]

I realize you're one of the super anti-GS people but... This is actually the best deal for me, since I paid $2.98 for Star Wars Clone Wars (DoTD + Swagbucks Zon GCs) and $10 for SSBB (used from friend). So it's not horrible for a lot of people - in fact a $20 TIV on SW Clone Wars makes me feel like I'm stealing from GS - which I like a lot. GS has a lot of problems but on RARE occasion you can get a decent deal with EDGE+CAG16, or a TIV deal.

[quote name='SuperJedi']Limited Edition isn't sold in America, sadly.[/QUOTE]

I know. I "is" buying it from Germany.

Snagged it from BB this morning, grabbed one of the two CE Guides they had.. I'll probably end up bringing that back. I have no idea why I bought it.

[quote name='Izod517']I realize you're one of the super anti-GS people but... This is actually the best deal for me, since I paid $2.98 for Star Wars Clone Wars (DoTD + Swagbucks Zon GCs) and $10 for SSBB (used from friend). So it's not horrible for a lot of people - in fact a $20 TIV on SW Clone Wars makes me feel like I'm stealing from GS - which I like a lot. GS has a lot of problems but on RARE occasion you can get a decent deal with EDGE+CAG16, or a TIV deal.[/QUOTE]

there have been reports that clone wars is no longer eligible for that deal, not sure if it's true or not though.

[quote name='Izod517']This will be very YMMV - Best Buy's official policy is that they do not PM gift cards or free gifts with purchase.[/QUOTE]Check out their policy here:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Help-To...ee/pcmcat204400050013.c?id=pcmcat204400050013

It states the following:

[quote name='From BB.com site']
How do you handle a price match if an instant gift card is included with a purchase?

The value of an instant gift card with purchase will be considered when calculating a price match. If the combined value of a competitor's product and instant gift card is lower than the combined value of Best Buy's product price and instant gift card, Best Buy will match either the price or the instant gift card value, depending on the offer.[/quote]

They normally will knock off the gift card's value from the price of the item, though in the past they have given gift cards to match other stores' offers.

Thanks OP.

Geez, some of the responses about the calculations money now vs. later are ridiculous. The OP gave a simple guide to what the deals look like...if you need precision and comparison between the cost of money and what your tax is going to look like, etc., then feel free to calculate on your own!

FYI, I took the most expensive way out and got the console special ed. It was worth it to me to get the 250GB drive sooner rather than later.

I just tried PM at BB. Toyrsus gift card was no-no as others stated above. I just asked for the Fry's price then. $52.99, which was okay.

YMMV indeed.

Best Buy pricematch from frys = 52.99 + $10 reward zone points + ($35 -$10) strategy guide. = 84.XX after tax for both in Cali.

[quote name='ggamdori']I just tried PM at BB. Toyrsus gift card was no-no as others stated above. I just asked for the Fry's price then. $52.99, which was okay.

YMMV indeed.[/QUOTE]

Definitely YMMV because if the manager is smart, he or she wouldn't take that price. The main thing to focus on in the "Gift card PM" section of the policy is that they can only PM if the price with the GC at another store is lower than BB's price WITH any deals they have for it. Since Target's price is 49.99 and BB's price is also 49.99 (after the points) there would be no point in PMing unless the manager wanted to get in trouble. Since Fry's physically took their price down to 52.99, that should work.

For those who have PMed Frys price can you link the ad you used? The only one I can find doesn't list the actual price of the game just shows "Low Price"

bread's done
Back