Final Fantasy XIII Deals Roundup

SuperJedi

CAGiversary!
* Tax * Tax is applied on $59.99

Best Buy
If today with Reward Zone membership(FREE) - $59.99+500 Bonus point ($10 Reward) + 60 Reward points

Final Value - $49.99 + 60 reward points + Tax

If March 12th-March 13, you may be also able to use the 10% coupon they mailed.

Final Value - $43.99 + 54 or 60 reward points + Tax

Target

$59.99 + [10% (Redcard(Target Credit Card)/Employee)] + $10 Gift Card

Final Value -$49.99 + Tax Or
$43.99 +Tax

Toys R Us

$59.99 + $13 Gift Card + Tax

Final Value + $46.99 + Tax

GameStop

Final Value $59.99 + Tax (Unless Midnight give away Free stuff it's the WORST deal!)

Amazon

$59.99 + $10 Credit to only games + No Tax (Many states)

Final Value $49.99

(These are NOT verified by myself, but says the others)
TRU online

Use coupon 935009 for 10$ off 50$ to make it 49.99 + tax since it has free shipping.

Frys
$52.99 + Tax

Ultimate Electronics B&M

$49.99 + Tax

Any others I missed?

Last edited by a moderator:
At BB, they just used web to price match Fry's price. I didn't bring one.

For the Fry's link, i think you should actually add it to cart to see the price.

So I don't get the best buy deal. I just got the BB coupons in the mail, and I plan on waiting untill then to purchase the game. Would I get any extra deals with the game, if I wait untill the weekend to purchase it?

[quote name='shrike4242']Check out their policy here:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Help-To...ee/pcmcat204400050013.c?id=pcmcat204400050013

It states the following:

"How do you handle a price match if an instant gift card is included with a purchase?

The value of an instant gift card with purchase will be considered when calculating a price match. If the combined value of a competitor's product and instant gift card is lower than the combined value of Best Buy's product price and instant gift card, Best Buy will match either the price or the instant gift card value, depending on the offer."

They normally will knock off the gift card's value from the price of the item, though in the past they have given gift cards to match other stores' offers.[/QUOTE]

^That sounds to me if both BB and another store are offering an item with a giftcard, and the other store has a higher value gift card, BB will match the value of that gift card.

Despite thinking this, I went in and decided to give it a try anyways. I played dumb but the manager explained exactly what I feared; but sympathized with me saying it was confusing and sold me the game at $46.99 anyways :booty:. I would have preferred paying $60 and getting the actual gift card (to get more RZ points and a bigger discount if and when I bring my receipt back on Fri. to claim the 10% off coupon), but who am I to complain when they made an exception for me.

So $46.99 + $10 RZ credit + potential 10% ($4.69) off if I go back on Fri.

It remains YMMV though.

[quote name='ggamdori']At BB, they just used web to price match Fry's price. I didn't bring one.

For the Fry's link, i think you should actually add it to cart to see the price.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I thought Best Buy normally refuses to pricematch online prices. Did they actually check to verify stock using the store availability option?

[quote name='outphase']I was able to PM TRU's price at Best Buy. They took off $13 from the cost of the game instead of giving me a gc.[/QUOTE]

I think this is going to be YMMV. I've tried to do this before and I was denied at two Best Buys. :(

[quote name='henhowc']I think this is going to be YMMV. I've tried to do this before and I was denied at two Best Buys. :([/QUOTE]

I was denied at a BB I never go to (was at Wally world next door) so I went to the usual BB. The guy (and most cashiers) said no, but when he checked with the manager they said yes but had to call to make sure it was in stock first. Then the cashier also hit yes to $10 off the LE Guide (wanted a 2nd since I only got one from Amazon) and factor in GZ points I'm pretty pleased to get it for $47...

Does anyone know what do they mean by "first production run"? I ordered PS3 version through toysrus.com today, and I'm curious if I'll get the first production run copy that contain the serial code for the FFXIV promotion code.

[quote name='henhowc']I think this is going to be YMMV. I've tried to do this before and I was denied at two Best Buys. :([/QUOTE]
I had to show the cashier and manager the policy on my phone to overcome their rejection of "no gc pm."

... lawyer'd.

Today at Best Buy I bought FFXIII $59.99 + FFXIII Collectors Strategy Guide $34.99 - $10 off promo for buying both items = $84.98..... So will best buy price match targets deal this week if you already bought the game if I go to customer service. TO get the $10 gift card???

I bough two copies of Final Fantasy XIII (one for a friend) at Toys R Us. With the B1G1 $20 off, the total for two FF13 game was 100 dollars plus tax. I also received a TRU 26 dollar gift card. This was a sweet deal!

just a heads up FFXIII :ps3: now qualifies for b1g1 20 off on toysrus.com and still has free shipping. So with a 10.00 off coupon (one of the 9xxxxx ones) FFXIII + a 39.99 game with the promo comes to 72.96 shipped pre-tax. Might be worth it for somebody...

I'll rage if Best Buy doesnt have ff13 in store. I might have to pick it up at GS! Its listed as "coming soon" online though...strange.

I just got Gamestop to knock $13 off the price when I mentioned the Toys R Us deal. I think it really helped that there is a Toys R Us about 2 miles down the road. Thanks for the roundup, OP.

[quote name='Pescado Plus']I just got Gamestop to knock $13 off the price when I mentioned the Toys R Us deal. I think it really helped that there is a Toys R Us about 2 miles down the road. Thanks for the roundup, OP.[/QUOTE]

Since when does GS price match? Otherwise congrats on the deal

[quote name='tenzor']Since when does GS price match? Otherwise congrats on the deal[/QUOTE]There's no corporate policy on doing it, though it happens randomly when store managers want to try and save a sale.

[quote name='hiperman']I bough two copies of Final Fantasy XIII (one for a friend) at Toys R Us. With the B1G1 $20 off, the total for two FF13 game was 100 dollars plus tax. I also received a TRU 26 dollar gift card. This was a sweet deal![/QUOTE]

FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUU it says specifically in the ad that they're not supposed to combine the offers. Otherwise I would've done that in a heartbeat.

new egg sent out an e-mail selling it for 54.99 I know not much of a savings but didn't see it on the front page soooo here you go!

Couldn't get the guy at Toysrus to use my coupon code without a print out so.

Best Buy price matched to to ultimate electronics. So 49.99 + tax out the door with 10$ in reward zone points on card. I can honestly say I am pretty happy with myself.

[quote name='Vanacloud']Um have you guys forgotten about the sweet Gamestop deal? Trade in 2 games and get the game for just 20 bucks? its the BEST deal[/QUOTE]

Don't people realize that you can sell games for A LOT more $$$ on Amazon and Ebay than Gamestop!

BTW, anyone have a picture of the FF XIII cast picture like on the Xbox 360 Bundle and Strategy Guide?

[quote name='henhowc']Thanks. I thought Best Buy normally refuses to pricematch online prices. Did they actually check to verify stock using the store availability option?[/QUOTE]

BB which I usually PM just checks the web but no stock checking. No phone call or whatsoever. Judging by the time the clerk spends on the website, which is really short, I do not think they verify or anything.

Picked up at best buy. Had them price match TRU. The employees didn't think that they could price match the gift card at first. But I showed them their online policy so they went to go check with a manager. They were instructed to just subtract $13 off the top.

$46.99 + Reward Zone pts bonus :D

Be persistent guys. Make sure you bring a copy of their price match policy as it'll improve your shot. Be nice and ask for a manager if they tell you no at first (as they probably will).

[quote name='handsomepete']just a heads up FFXIII :ps3: now qualifies for b1g1 20 off on toysrus.com and still has free shipping. So with a 10.00 off coupon (one of the 9xxxxx ones) FFXIII + a 39.99 game with the promo comes to 72.96 shipped pre-tax. Might be worth it for somebody...[/QUOTE]

I'm getting $92.96:

$120
-$20 B1G1 $20 off
-$10 coupon
+S&H for second game

Am I missing something?

[quote name='jwbrown77']I'm getting $92.96:

$120
-$20 B1G1 $20 off
-$10 coupon
+S&H for second game

Am I missing something?[/QUOTE]

You are using a $59.99 game as the second game, when the person you quoted said to use a $39.99 game, so yes you are missing something.

[quote name='Ryukahn']You are using a $59.99 game as the second game, when the person you quoted said to use a $39.99 game, so yes you are missing something.[/QUOTE]

Ahh, thanks.

[quote name='jwbrown77']Ahh, thanks.[/QUOTE]

Haha...no worries dude. That's what I was doing at first too. I was like...how are you getting that price?! Then I went back and re-read post. Durrr... :D

i think newegg has the best deal right now

no tax and 5$ off and get teh savings right away. :)

what i went in on. i dont mind waiting a few days because i got to get caught up on my online homework before i can commit to a 60 hour game hehe.

Urgh...if I go back and PM at BB, then the price drops lower but I don't get the gamer rewards bonus....but if I don't PM, then I get the $10 bucks and it'll be the same. Decisions, decisions....

[quote name='Crazyglitcher']Urgh...if I go back and PM at BB, then the price drops lower but I don't get the gamer rewards bonus....but if I don't PM, then I get the $10 bucks and it'll be the same. Decisions, decisions....[/QUOTE]

My receipt shows that I still got the Rewards Zone bonus even though I PMed the $13 Toyrus gift card. I think technically they are supposed to void any special offers if you do a PM but the girl who helped me probably wasn't even aware there was a rewards zone bonus.

My girlfriend picked it up from TrU. We had a 10 off 50 coupon that came in the mail a couple weeks ago, so she paid 54 after tax and got the gift card, sadly a themed one that expires in about a month.

[quote name='henhowc']My receipt shows that I still got the Rewards Zone bonus even though I PMed the $13 Toyrus gift card. I think technically they are supposed to void any special offers if you do a PM but the girl who helped me probably wasn't even aware there was a rewards zone bonus.[/QUOTE]

I was one who tried to get Best Buy to price match ToysRus, but they wouldn't do it. But what troubles me is your mention of "my receipt shows that I still got the rewards zone bonus". Looking at my receipt, I can see my Reward Zone card was scanned, but nowhere does it mention a bonus. It does show my posted points as of 3/5/10 being 19. I checked myrewardzone.com and see my account is linked to the gamers club.

The only other variable here I can think of is I used a few gift cards to buy the game. I understand I shouldn't get NEW reward zone points because of the gift cards, but I would expect to get the BONUS points as the ad doesn't say anything about not being able to use a gift card to purchase...it just says buy the game during the first week of release.

Can anyone confirm what the receipt should say proving you got the 500 bonus points?

My friend and I ended up going to TRU and bought 2 copies of FFXIII

The $10 off $50, $20 off 2 games, and $13 giftcard promos all stacked.

Ended up paying $97 total for 2xFFXIII and a $26 giftcard.

[quote name='jesta2817']My friend and I ended up going to TRU and bought 2 copies of FFXIII

The $10 off $50, $20 off 2 games, and $13 giftcard promos all stacked.

Ended up paying $97 total for 2xFFXIII and a $26 giftcard.[/QUOTE]
gah! i tried to get the deals to stack and they wouldn't let me T_T
i asked two different csr personel.

I purchased the game @ Toys R Us and the deciding factor was the deal on the game guide. I missed out on the Amazon Collector's edition guide, but TRU had the regular edition game guide for only $13 if you bought it yesterday. I had $12 in store credit for trading in some XBOX games, so I was able to purchase the game and game guide for $66 including taxes ($78 for both without my store credit). I still have $13 to use at a later date.

Also, I am not sure what the fuss is about regarding present and future value of gift cards. If, given the choice, I can purchase a game and recieve a gift card vs. not receiving a gift card and paying full price, I will purchase a game where I get a gift card. The dollar is not going to lose its value between now and the time I will use the gift card. The next time TRU has a B2G1 free sale will be the perfect opportunity to save $13.

[quote name='brewtownska']I was one who tried to get Best Buy to price match ToysRus, but they wouldn't do it. But what troubles me is your mention of "my receipt shows that I still got the rewards zone bonus". Looking at my receipt, I can see my Reward Zone card was scanned, but nowhere does it mention a bonus. It does show my posted points as of 3/5/10 being 19. I checked myrewardzone.com and see my account is linked to the gamers club.

The only other variable here I can think of is I used a few gift cards to buy the game. I understand I shouldn't get NEW reward zone points because of the gift cards, but I would expect to get the BONUS points as the ad doesn't say anything about not being able to use a gift card to purchase...it just says buy the game during the first week of release.

Can anyone confirm what the receipt should say proving you got the 500 bonus points?[/QUOTE]

Mine has never detailed the bonus, it simply says 'RZ Member something something $0.00.' No need to worry kid.

[quote name='smoger']My girlfriend picked it up from TrU. We had a 10 off 50 coupon that came in the mail a couple weeks ago, so she paid 54 after tax and got the gift card, sadly a themed one that expires in about a month.[/QUOTE]

did it look like the giftcard displayed in the ad and have a pic of final fantasy xiii on it? i got a regular gift card which doesnt have an expiration date on it.

[quote name='Curufinwe']Anyone else just waiting till Friday to use the 10% off coupon at Best Buy?

My coupons came in the mail yesterday.[/QUOTE]

I can't wait to play this game Friday night/Saturday

[quote name='Curufinwe']Anyone else just waiting till Friday to use the 10% off coupon at Best Buy?

My coupons came in the mail yesterday.[/QUOTE]

Unless you don't have a FRY'S or other competing place around you to PM, I'd be surprised if you could stack the coupon with any PM...BB usually doesnt let you double dip like that

best buy 59.99 -10 off 50 tru coupon = 49.99 - 13.00 off for gift card match = 36.99 - 10% besy buy coupon = 33.29 - 500 rewards zone points or 10 dollars equivelent = 23.29!!!

oh wait that was just a figment of my imagination... i actually got bb to give me 13 off for the tru gift card = 46.99 and i gave them my reward zone card info so i hope to have another 10 in reward zone bucks....

[quote name='LionSquall']I can't wait to play this game Friday night/Saturday[/QUOTE]

Just opened a Ultimate Electronics in Tucson so I picked up there $49.99. Can't wait for weekend to hit to play also. :applause:

[quote name='ironj01']Just opened a Ultimate Electronics in Tucson so I picked up there $49.99. Can't wait for weekend to hit to play also. :applause:[/QUOTE]

That's awesome, it's going to great!

[quote name='brewtownska']
Can anyone confirm what the receipt should say proving you got the 500 bonus points?[/QUOTE]

There are three things that show up on my receipt:

1. FFXIII for 46.99

2. RZ Card 0.00
Reward Zone Card

3. RZ Bonus 0.00
Reward Zone Offer

[quote name='henhowc']There are three things that show up on my receipt:

1. FFXIII for 46.99

2. RZ Card 0.00
Reward Zone Card

3. RZ Bonus 0.00
Reward Zone Offer[/QUOTE]

my receipt just says

xxxxxxx UPDATE 46.99
PS3-FINAL FANTASY XIII
REG $59.99 13.00 DISC
ITEM TAX 3.29
XXXXXXX RZ CARD 0.00
REWARD ZONE CARD
SERIAL # XXXXXXXXX

SUBTOTAL 46.99
SALES TAX AMOUNT 3.29
TOTAL 50.28

no mention of bonus. i even asked the lady and showed her the add she said its probably somthing that will happen in the background. I dont think she really knew but the add says buy any game in the first week get 500 bonus points. so unless they try to pull some double dipping crud they would have to honor it even if i got the game for a penny...

[quote name='floormat']my receipt just says

xxxxxxx UPDATE 46.99
PS3-FINAL FANTASY XIII
REG $59.99 13.00 DISC
ITEM TAX 3.29
XXXXXXX RZ CARD 0.00
REWARD ZONE CARD
SERIAL # XXXXXXXXX

SUBTOTAL 46.99
SALES TAX AMOUNT 3.29
TOTAL 50.28

no mention of bonus. i even asked the lady and showed her the add she said its probably somthing that will happen in the background. I dont think she really knew but the add says buy any game in the first week get 500 bonus points. so unless they try to pull some double dipping crud they would have to honor it even if i got the game for a penny...[/QUOTE]

Its entirely possible that the bonus offer got voided since they price matched?

"How do you handle a price match if the Best Buy price includes a promotional offer such as a free gift card or rebate?

The Best Buy net purchase price is calculated by deducting the value of all instant and mail-in discounts such as rebates, free offers and promotional gift cards. Existing rebates and free offers associated with a product purchased at Best Buy will not apply if a price match is executed."

You could probably go back to the customer service desk and ask about it.

[quote name='henhowc']My receipt shows that I still got the Rewards Zone bonus even though I PMed the $13 Toyrus gift card. I think technically they are supposed to void any special offers if you do a PM but the girl who helped me probably wasn't even aware there was a rewards zone bonus.[/QUOTE]
how can you tell on your reciept if you got the bonus? Did you pay $46.99 for the game or $59.99?

What if I return one of the bundle games I bought at toys r us? They listed heavy rain at 59.99. Will I get all that back?

bread's done
Back