Final Fantasy XIII Deals Roundup

SuperJedi

CAGiversary!
* Tax * Tax is applied on $59.99

Best Buy
If today with Reward Zone membership(FREE) - $59.99+500 Bonus point ($10 Reward) + 60 Reward points

Final Value - $49.99 + 60 reward points + Tax

If March 12th-March 13, you may be also able to use the 10% coupon they mailed.

Final Value - $43.99 + 54 or 60 reward points + Tax

Target

$59.99 + [10% (Redcard(Target Credit Card)/Employee)] + $10 Gift Card

Final Value -$49.99 + Tax Or
$43.99 +Tax

Toys R Us

$59.99 + $13 Gift Card + Tax

Final Value + $46.99 + Tax

GameStop

Final Value $59.99 + Tax (Unless Midnight give away Free stuff it's the WORST deal!)

Amazon

$59.99 + $10 Credit to only games + No Tax (Many states)

Final Value $49.99

(These are NOT verified by myself, but says the others)
TRU online

Use coupon 935009 for 10$ off 50$ to make it 49.99 + tax since it has free shipping.

Frys
$52.99 + Tax

Ultimate Electronics B&M

$49.99 + Tax

Any others I missed?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='henhowc']Its entirely possible that the bonus offer got voided since they price matched?

"How do you handle a price match if the Best Buy price includes a promotional offer such as a free gift card or rebate?

The Best Buy net purchase price is calculated by deducting the value of all instant and mail-in discounts such as rebates, free offers and promotional gift cards. Existing rebates and free offers associated with a product purchased at Best Buy will not apply if a price match is executed."

You could probably go back to the customer service desk and ask about it.[/QUOTE]

Just checked my receipt and it says the same, uhoh. Does anyone here who paid full price @ BB for the game show points in that section of their receipt??

[quote name='skytreader']Just checked my receipt and it says the same, uhoh. Does anyone here who paid full price @ BB for the game show points in that section of their receipt??[/QUOTE]

I paid full price and bought the LE guide as a bundle. I show the game and bundle discount for the guide. But I do not have an entry like the above that have RZ bonus offer.

Yeah, my receipt said the same, but my cashier seemed like he knew what he was doing, so I'm thinking the points will show up online later, if not instantly.

i managed to get the stacked $26 dollar promo card at TRU. If i were to return the games at a B&M, do you think they will require I return the promo card as well? The promo card is stipulated on the receipt.

I was then thinking of using the promo card to buy it online because the cashier refused to punch in the coupon code for me. Any thoughts guys/gals?

i asked the cashier about the 500 points and she said that she heard nothing about it. hopefully i will still get it.

I got my copy today at BB ($53.99 with a 10% RZ coupon) and I don't expect the points to show up till Tuesday or Wednesday next week.

[quote name='AceSam14']hoping Amazon drops the price soon, 59.99 is too much! :)[/QUOTE]

Should've just pre-order when they offer it for $56 + $10 credit. Still a better deal than when the game eventually drop to $49 in a few weeks.

[quote name='B-EZMX3200']i asked the cashier about the 500 points and she said that she heard nothing about it. hopefully i will still get it.[/QUOTE]

Are you a rewards member and registered to the gamer club? If so it'll show up in a few months.

[quote name='henrygonzalez']these are all over craigslist for 50[/QUOTE]

I suspect many ppl do not live in the large metro area where craigslist is relevant. Not everyone lives in the bay area.

I just check, two US cities the company I work for has office in, one house a large TX university and is the 90th largest city in US has zero FF XIII listed and one has it 1 hour away in Pittsburgh so craigslist is not an option for many people.

Living in Los Angeles tho, I just picked up sealed Final Fantasy XIII (360) and FF Faceplate for $50 total :p

This week? Not sure... if you didn't get it, you might as well wait.

Toys R Us was the BEST deal, especially if you buy TWO FF13 games you can another $13 GC and $20 OFF.

Which comes out to value of $40 a piece (Gift card calcuated).

However, the BIGGEST problem (And it's not a small one either) with TRU is their Giftcards damn EXPIRE very soon/early, unlike other stores, you have to use it quickly on another purchase. And, it's not like TRU has great deals all the time either.

[quote name='wasabi5858']I suspect many ppl do not live in the large metro area where craigslist is relevant. Not everyone lives in the bay area.

I just check, two US cities the company I work for has office in, one house a large TX university and is the 90th largest city in US has zero FF XIII listed and one has it 1 hour away in Pittsburgh so craigslist is not an option for many people.

Living in Los Angeles tho, I just picked up sealed Final Fantasy XIII (360) and FF Faceplate for $50 total :p[/QUOTE]

People are selling it on Craiglist for $50 are likely gotten 2 at TRU. One for themselves, another for sell on CL... plus earn $10

I ended up going for the Target deal on this. I had a $10 gift card left from Christmas, so I used that, and you got a $10 gift card with the game if you bought it this week, so I got that too (a better deal than Best Buy since you don't have to wait for the bonus points to process to get the $10 credit).

My local Best Buy never got the game back in stock this whole week anyways, so I'd rather support the store that actually did care enough to get it back in stock after launch day.

So far I'm really enjoying the game. Can't believe some people are 10 hours in and think it's boring. I find it to be pretty fast-paced and the story is engaging. The new battle system keeps things moving quickly also.

[quote name='wasabi5858']Should've just pre-order when they offer it for $56 + $10 credit. Still a better deal than when the game eventually drop to $49 in a few weeks.[/QUOTE]

im trying to buy less games this year, so i didnt want to be tempted by a 10 dollar credit :/

[quote name='AceSam14']im trying to buy less games this year, so i didnt want to be tempted by a 10 dollar credit :/[/QUOTE]

Can always use it on controllers, points/psn cards or an xbox live card.

[quote name='Vortextk']Can always use it on controllers, points/psn cards or an xbox live card.[/QUOTE]
The truth is i spent 100 usd on the european limited edition, (hasnt arrived yet) i'll probably keep it sealed so i need to get a regular version now...

[quote name='AceSam14']The truth is i spent 100 usd on the european limited edition, (hasnt arrived yet) i'll probably keep it sealed so i need to get a regular version now...[/QUOTE]

did you order from hmv or gameplay.co.uk?

I too am waiting for the CEs to arrive. It has been hell... looking at 3 copies of XIII while waiting for the copy that I will open to play...

[quote name='Denzalo']The real question at Best Buy is, do you wait to use the 10% off and risk them either not having it or not having the guide (Worth it with the $10 off)?[/QUOTE]

What would you need with a guide?

Th best buy points take about 3 days to show up on your account. You can get the 10% coupon, combined with the points it will come out to 43.99 + tax, but you have to wait 30 days for your 10$ gift card. Although, in my opinion, the game is hardly worth $29.99. It is probably the worst final fantasy I have played to date. Square even admitted that their #1 priority was graphics, #2 was story, then gameplay. This game is more linear than Frogger. You dont even have to fight anyone because you can see your enemies. Cut scenes are longer then the gameplay. You only control 1 character, and there is even an auto-fight option so you can just mash the "X" / "A" button all day and beat the game. The game is extremely easy too. The reason I am bad mouthing the game so much is because I actually DO like final fantasy, and it is a shame that they have let this one go the way it did simply because it "looks good". Most reviews are blinded by the Final Fantasy cover. Wait until 2nd opinion reviews come out, I wouldnt give it higher then a 6. Just my opinion.

[quote name='Dann-o']Th best buy points take about 3 days to show up on your account. You can get the 10% coupon, combined with the points it will come out to 43.99 + tax, but you have to wait 30 days for your 10$ gift card. Although, in my opinion, the game is hardly worth $29.99. It is probably the worst final fantasy I have played to date. Square even admitted that their #1 priority was graphics, #2 was story, then gameplay. This game is more linear than Frogger. You dont even have to fight anyone because you can see your enemies. Cut scenes are longer then the gameplay. You only control 1 character, and there is even an auto-fight option so you can just mash the "X" / "A" button all day and beat the game. The game is extremely easy too. The reason I am bad mouthing the game so much is because I actually DO like final fantasy, and it is a shame that they have let this one go the way it did simply because it "looks good". Most reviews are blinded by the Final Fantasy cover. Wait until 2nd opinion reviews come out, I wouldnt give it higher then a 6. Just my opinion.[/QUOTE]

As a fellow long time Final Fantasy fan, I agree and disagree on some points. I don't have the time to start a debate but I think that SE made this game much easier than the rest for the purpose that new players including people who bought the 360 Bundle as their first 360 will get the feeling into JRPGs, its a nice smooth game for the casual gamer. Indeed the auto attack is stupid but its only as helpful as you claim for the first 2-3 chapters in the game, after that you should stick to manual use as you can chain together attacks and magic. Everything up until Chapter 3 is easy breezy, but when you include developing your characters as l'Cie and such it gets more in depth and true Final Fantasy style. What I really like though is how they're trying to incorporate the new style non-exp basing the game and you make it sound worse than it is when you say you play as on character, you actually play as all of them but you just don't have the choice of choosing, I actually don't mind this because it forces you to experiment with all the other characters and fall in love with them.

[quote name='hpv']What would you need with a guide?[/QUOTE]

THANK YOU!

I am continually amazed at the group of people OBSESSED with guides. It's not 1994. It's 2010.

Also, until Chapter 11--- the story is A-B-C-D.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']THANK YOU!

I am continually amazed at the group of people OBSESSED with guides. It's not 1994. It's 2010.

Also, until Chapter 11--- the story is A-B-C-D.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for telling me how I should spend my money?

For those who opted for the LE from HMV/Play, I got mine on Saturday. I lice in MA so yours should be coming soon.

I'm kinda peeved at HMV though. I asked customer service if the CE came with their exclusive slipcover, they said yes. Package comes, no slipcover. Guess I will have to try and find someone willing to sell theirs....

got my 2 CE today. disappointed. I thought HMV ship in an actual box, but instead, these were shipped in VERY thinly padded envelopes, way thiner than the one gameplay.co.uk used last time.

The boxes are, while not completely CRUSHEd, do have those bend edges along and not very sharp. BLAH!

[quote name='wasabi5858']did you order from hmv or gameplay.co.uk?

I too am waiting for the CEs to arrive. It has been hell... looking at 3 copies of XIII while waiting for the copy that I will open to play...[/QUOTE]

I ordered from http://www.game.co.uk/ :/

Did anyone hear about this? Here is my email chain to Gamestop.

I have been a faithful customer for several years now. But the recent release of Square-Enix Final Fantasy XIII was a bit of a disappointment. All other retailers were offering a pre-order/post-order bonus. Why did Gamestop not offer this? There was no real incentive to purchase from Gamestop other than to support my local store. I asked if Gamestop was offering any midnight release specials and was told there were not any available.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Customer,
Thank you for contacting GameStop.com.
We did offer a bonus for this title however it was removed from the site after we exhausted our supply.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.
If you have any other questions, please feel free to respond to this email.
Best regards,
Travis
Customer Service Agent

Travis,
Thank you for responding. I pre-ordered my copy of the game quite awhile ago and no mention was ever made of this incentive. Would you mind posting a link of the offer so I can update the discussion going on at multiple forums? Thank you.

Dear Customer,
Thank you for contacting GameStop.com.
Unfortunately I do not have a link as the promotion has been removed from our site as we have run out of our supplies. We were offering a bonus guide book as well as a $10 coupon code
for pre order customers.
If you have any other questions, please feel free to respond to this email.
Best regards,
Travis
Customer Service Agent

[quote name='wasabi5858']got my 2 CE today. disappointed. I thought HMV ship in an actual box, but instead, these were shipped in VERY thinly padded envelopes, way thiner than the one gameplay.co.uk used last time.

The boxes are, while not completely CRUSHEd, do have those bend edges along and not very sharp. BLAH![/QUOTE] Thanks for that bit of information, I was debating about whether to pull the trigger on a copy from HMV but now that I know they ship it in an easily crushable envelope I'll pass. You would think for something like a collector's edition they would be able to spare the little bit extra to ship it in a box.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']THANK YOU!

Also, until Chapter 11--- the story is A-B-C-D.[/QUOTE]

Heck, gamefaqs launched in 1996. I've used it since the early aughts. I don't see why anyone buys strategy guides when you get all the information and more from gamefaqs or just google.

[quote name='moothemagiccow']Heck, gamefaqs launched in 1996. I've used it since the early aughts. I don't see why anyone buys strategy guides when you get all the information and more from gamefaqs or just google.[/QUOTE]

I like the art, and not having to run to my computer to search for something in a ASCII document.

[quote name='moothemagiccow']Heck, gamefaqs launched in 1996. I've used it since the early aughts. I don't see why anyone buys strategy guides when you get all the information and more from gamefaqs or just google.[/QUOTE]

I'll buy a guide if its packaged well and I get a deal on it or if I find it later at a place like Half Price Books. Like the Fallout 3 CE guide. Otherwise, everything is on the internet.

I got my copy from Best Buy after they price-matched the Target $10 gift card and then allowed me to use it on the FF XIII game purchase. I got the 500 Reward Zone bonus points to use for another $10 off coupon later. That was the best deal I found.

[quote name='wasabi5858']did you order from hmv or gameplay.co.uk?

I too am waiting for the CEs to arrive. It has been hell... looking at 3 copies of XIII while waiting for the copy that I will open to play...[/QUOTE]
I gotta ask, but I tried ordering the CE from that site, and was declined with a message saying along the lines of "we cannot ship your requested product to your address." Though I did end up ordering the CE from a different retailer ( ~USD110 all told, inc. foreign transaction fee ), I gotta wonder about the discrepancy.

I have one question. Where can I find FFXIII for the 360 at a lower price? I want to buy the game to record a playthrough of the main story for YouTube.

[quote name='SonicChrono']I have one question. Where can I find FFXIII for the 360 at a lower price? I want to buy the game to record a playthrough of the main story for YouTube.[/QUOTE]

No life?

[quote name='SuperJedi']What CE? NO CE in America you are talking Imports?[/QUOTE]
Yeah i imported the PAL CE, the box is a little damaged tho...stupid bubblewrap.

bread's done
Back