Final Fantasy XIII sweet spot??

spincut

CAGiversary!
Would it be accurate to say that the prices of an FF game do not taper off for a while?

Would it be smart to take any deal one can get, or do you think it will start to go down rather quickly once the initial sales rush is over? I tried to look up the price trend for FFXII, but it only goes back 90 days sadly.

I guess i'm wondering what people feel the sweet spot for the game is.

Would you mind a red Greatest Hits copy (assuming you're talking about the PS3) or do you demand the original case?

I would definitely like an original case. Yeah I assume it's automatic that at some point there will be a greatest hit, but I guess I'm curious if traditionally for an FF game there would even be a whole lot of price drop before that, and if there even was, if it would likely be longer than most games due to it being so popular.

[quote name='hungryheepo']ughh you can take mine if I can find it...if your personality is straight as an arrow, you will love this game. :)[/QUOTE]

Hey, I actually loved this game... Back to the point. FF games are notorious about taking forever for a price drop. Be it the main series' iterations or the various handheld outings, they take forever. You'd be best to grab whatever deal you can, unless you don't mind waiting long enough for a place like Target to clearance out their copies.

Depends on your level of interest really. A 45 hour RPG (double if you're doing side missions) is well worth full price if you're liking how the design of the game sounds.

Though if you're skeptical you might as well wait for something $30 or lower to pop up. A lot of people have bought this game full price with doing little research on it before hand and ended up wasting $60 and lots of time.

In other words -- don't buy FFXIII just because it's FFXIII.

[quote name='Mixer236']Hey, I actually loved this game... Back to the point. FF games are notorious about taking forever for a price drop. Be it the main series' iterations or the various handheld outings, they take forever. You'd be best to grab whatever deal you can, unless you don't mind waiting long enough for a place like Target to clearance out their copies.[/QUOTE]

yeah thats what I was curious about, since I usually buy my FF games earlier and dont really pay attention to how long it takes for the price to drop.

If the next time a real price drop would happen without it being greatest hits is a price drop at target, perhaps I should leap on the latest deal...

the price probably won't drop significantly for a while...gamestop is running a $7 off sale but i bet it won't even hit as low as $40 for a while.

And a tip...if you play the game and find that it feels too linear, turn off the map - it helped me get over it.

bread's done
Back