Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Out Now on PS3 & PS4 - 4/11: PS3-to-PS4 Transfer Live!

I like how the client wasn't just a 60mb installer but near full DL right from PSN store. Phase 3 on PS3 took ages to DL and you had to do it in-app. This new Phase 4 DL was 6.4gigs (DL in background while playing other games) or so and the launcher updated a few 20mb. It locked up when I tried to link SE ID with PSN ID. Already did that on Phase 3, so just hoping servers aren't quite up on their end to receive this info yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
The servers for the DOWNLOAD (not the game) went live @ aprox 5am this morning EST (~24 hours before the beta starts)

I downloaded the game around 7am EST with no issues

Everything should be downloadable at this point

Although the beta doesnt start for another 8-9 hours 

Although the beta doesnt start for another 8-9 hours
It's killing me. :D

I took the day off from work tomorrow, so I'll be on most of the day if people want to group up. Most of the early content is solo, but I'll definitely be down for dungeon runs once people hit the mid-teens.

It's killing me. :D

I took the day off from work tomorrow, so I'll be on most of the day if people want to group up. Most of the early content is solo, but I'll definitely be down for dungeon runs once people hit the mid-teens.
lol i cleared out tomorrow till monday, from everything

Alarm set for 4:50, and good to go

Thought I'd post this here just in case anyone was having issues: This is for NA PS3 ONLY

[NA] [PS3 Version] Version Update Issue (Aug. 15)

Right now we are experiencing technical difficulties with the North American PlayStation®3 version where the error message, "No valid service account is available to play FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn," is displayed when players press the log in button on the launcher, and they are unable to complete the version update.

We are currently addressing this issue with the cooperation of Sony Computer Entertainment and new updates will follow as additional information becomes available.

Please note that this issue is only occurring on the North American PlayStation®3 version. The Windows version and Japanese/European PlayStation®3 versions are unaffected.

We deeply apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Thats from the beta forums, they are sending updates via twiiter.

On a different note, I plan on being on most of the day tomorrow as well and once I get my character going I'll post the name I decided on for the linkshell. Very excited!

The "Cheap Ass Gamers" linkshell is set up on Cactuar.  Post your character name/class and I'll send you an invite.  I might not get to it right away, but I'll be checking every hour or so.

See you all in-game!

Hour and a half of ripping my computer to pieces flashing bios repairing windows and doing crap I now nothing about, and now I need to re download the entire 8gb game for some reason

This is not like christmas morning 

Everyone has invites so far.

For the record, my character is Serisu Sheru (Thaumaturge) if you need to search me.  If you send me a tell in game, I can add you that way too.

Cactuar
Greenden Torranto
Pugilist

But I just logged in for the first time it'll be a bit before I start the actual game

Wow had to wait till about 10 minutes ago to start character creation and the Cactaur server is full for now. Guess I will have to check again in the morning.

just read from the gaf the following servers are closed now:

Character creation on the Moogle, Odin, and Ragnarok Worlds have been reinstated.

In addtion, we have stopped allowing the creation of new characters in the following worlds:

Coeurl
Malboro
Cactuar
Ultros
Sargatanas
Diabolos
Gilgamesh
Leviathan
Balmung
Hyperion
Behemoth
Excalibur

When creating a new character, please select a World other than the ones listed above. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding.

anyone one wants to team up I will be on Ragnarok probably.

Seems like they're trying to artificially balance the servers.  That's definitely unfortunate for anyone who hasn't made their character yet.

agreed 100% have had a few friends who have waited it out to get on the server they want just keep refreshing however this I believe will make trouble for people who log off being able to log back on might become a waiting game.

looks like the Cactaur server was open tonight woo!

Server: Cactaur
Name: Dormin Mifune
Class: Lancer 

Just got a PS3 beta key. Total noob at this game, but this beta (and early access) will probably decide if I keep my preorder. If anyone doesn't mind having someone who's pretty clueless about this game around, my PSN name is TheRevelator34 and I can post my character/world whenever my download is done.

Just got a PS3 beta key. Total noob at this game, but this beta (and early access) will probably decide if I keep my preorder. If anyone doesn't mind having someone who's pretty clueless about this game around, my PSN name is TheRevelator34 and I can post my character/world whenever my download is done.
We're very newbie friendly!

Chatter in the CAG linkshell has been great so far, and there are a bunch of guys in there who I'm sure will be willing to answer questions/help you out.

We're on Cactuar, so make sure you roll there if you want to play with us. Post your character name once you get in, or send me a tell (Serisu Sheru) and I'll add you to the linkshell.

We're very newbie friendly!

Chatter in the CAG linkshell has been great so far, and there are a bunch of guys in there who I'm sure will be willing to answer questions/help you out.

We're on Cactuar, so make sure you roll there if you want to play with us. Post your character name once you get in, or send me a tell (Serisu Sheru) and I'll add you to the linkshell.
Thanks! The friendliness is much appreciated already! Still downloading (girlfriend was watching a DVD for a minute) but will post when I create my character and will try to get in Cactuar.

Anyone else get kicked off, and are unable to log back in?  It said I was logged in still, but I certainly was not, and had been logged out for about 15 minutes.

I'll be going to a friends house tomorrow morning to download this so I should be on later tomorrow evening.  Hopefully I will be able to get into Cactaur.

Could not get into Cactaur :( created a character anyways to get the basic gist of the game. 

Now, will I need to create a new character to get them into a different world? No big deal if that's the case, this guy I just made to see how the game played on PS3.

Could not get into Cactaur :( created a character anyways to get the basic gist of the game.

Now, will I need to create a new character to get them into a different world? No big deal if that's the case, this guy I just made to see how the game played on PS3.
Yeah, as of right now I don't think they're going to allow a free server transfer because of the lockout. Though it's possible they will.

I've been enjoying Phase 4 more than Phases 1-3. Maybe it's because I've just been playing for awhile, but it seems much easier to navigate and to know what I'm supposed to do.

I saw they added a functionality to basically put where targets are for hunts in sidquests. I have gotten way further in just playing last night and part of today than I had last phase. So looking forward to this might cancel all other preorders to put towards the monthly fee.

Know the servers effed right now and all that, but is it saying for anyone else that there char is still logged in ?

Its been saying that for 15~ minuites or so for me, which is a bit longer than it should be

Starting to get a lil worried 

Don't mind me rantin' ....

FUUUUUUUUUUUU they still didnt change the damn Teleport locations List!  it still that stupid non-2013 "List of places you can port to, but you have no idea what is where" ... dammit SE.

Other than that, I hope everyone's having fun in P4  I'm loving the CNJ (Conjurer) I played and loved the Lancer in P1-3 but now I was just trying out the CNJ as this is the last Beta and

I couldn't log in all day yesterday, tried at various times between 11 am all the way up till about 10 pm last night.  The furthest I got was entering my SE username and pass, and bam, error code and booted back out to the title screen.  I'll try again today after I get back from town.

bread's done
Back