Final Fantasys for the Ps1.

Ask to see the disks, if they are not scratched and you want to play it go ahead.
New FF VIII cost $24.99 at EB and some still have new stock.

Final Fantasy 8 hasn't aged very well, imo, and a pair of 20 year old games are still 20 year old games, so this can either be a good thing or a bad game depending on the person.

Depends on condition of case, discs, etc. I mean, FF8 isn't the best one by far, and Anthology is a nice collection but not the greatest either (PS1 CD loading times vs the loading times of cartridge games...)

Personally I'd save another 10 bucks and buy Persona 3: FES. If you haven't already. Or Persona 4, even better.

YES. BUY THEM NOW.

They're treasures, pretty good stuff, well I'm an emotional gamer who's a pack rat, so I tend to keep stuff that was really memorable, and the early FF series was the stuff for me.

If you want to really play the games, buy them. If you are looking for some sort of an investment that will net you a profit in the future, pass.

its funny becasue i want to try thte FF series but i never tried them. i never tried a turn based game so thats what im afraid of. but i recently got into golden sun... so ... is the game like that?

Depends on what you like about golden sun. But FFVIII is a solid game to start if you are new to turn base RPG. final fantasy anthology got bad loading time but they are very good games.

i guess i avoided turn based games because i thought they were boring (after pokemon of course) but when i played golden sun, the turn base wasnt bad at all.

i do have final fantasy 4 for the GBA that i got awhile ago, but havent played yet becasue of other GBA games that i recently got ( yay for super mario bros!)

hmmm. for 9.99, i will try out the final fantasy 8. thanks!

Final Fantasy 8 was a really good game. FF7, FF8, FF9 truly spectacular games. But then after playing Xbox360/PS3 games, playing PS games they look so blurry and terrible graphics, except for cut scenes. I still love FF9 with all my heart.

depends if it,s the greatest hits edition

if you'd like to try a Final Fantasy game, just try FF12 it's a really good one

FF7 is really overhyped... it's far from being the best Final Fantasy... in fact except for FF11 I'd say it's the worst Final Fantasy (well if you don't count games like FF Crystal Chronicles and such)

Crystal Chronicles allow you to verbally abuse your allies; that ALONE makes it better than any rpg post 1995.

if it's greatest hits (has a green label) than it's so-so. If it's original I would pick it up. This is if you are looking from a collector's perspective. If you're wanting to play the game it's a great price and truly a great game as well.

Speaking of conditions, anyone know where I can get a replacement case for FF7 and FF8. Mine have some cracks, also is it possible to take the artwork out of PS1 games?

Yep, you can fully disassemble PS1 game cases. The front and back on those double-cases are standard jewel cases. So just replace the cracked parts with parts from any crappy music CDs you have laying around.

um, while im asking this, how is sword of mana for the GBA? i heard good things about Secret of mana so im hoping sword of mana is decent. for 9.99. i might pick it up.

Sword of Mana is ok, not spectacular (I enjoyed Final Fantasy Adventure more) but it's worth playing. $10 is totally fair if it's complete and in decent shape.

Children of Mana is a much better game; but then again, it's designed moar like a dungeon crawler slash 'em up than an action rpg which I love but is not everyone's cup of joe. And the game is on ly 15 bucks if your The Source still has a copy by some miracle. :p

And it's better to just spend 800 points and grab the actual Secret of Mana game on Wii VC and grab a friend or two (preferable two) since the game can be played with just about any controller combination.

[quote name='ragnar14']Yep, you can fully disassemble PS1 game cases. The front and back on those double-cases are standard jewel cases. So just replace the cracked parts with parts from any crappy music CDs you have laying around.[/quote]

Is there a way to get the artwork out from between the layers of the case?

[quote name='Swave']Is there a way to get the artwork out from between the layers of the case?[/quote]

Yeah. Just pull the layers apart. If you're careful they won't break.

With regards to those FF games, FF8 made me cringe the first time I saw it after I'd been playing PS2 for awhile. It's aged horribly...worse than FF7, even, since FF8 was going for a "realistic" look that just doesn't fly today.

FF6 is, IMO, the best FF there is, but it's almost unplayable on PS1 due to the load times. It's just awful.

[quote name='Swave']Is there a way to get the artwork out from between the layers of the case?[/quote]

It's a bit tricky to pull the disc-holding insert out, as there's a trick to that. You kinda need to get your fingernails under the spine bit, and then just flex/twist the case. It's effortless once you get a feel for it. Practice on some junk CDs if you're worried about breaking something good.

As others have said, FFVIII hasn't aged well at all. I would say skip it if you're already playing current generation games. FFVIII was, well is my favorite rpg of all time mainly because it was my first or second one and got me into the genre. Looking back at it now, I can see the flaws everybody talked about, the drawing of magic, the junction system, but I still love it. If you can stand the graphics, maybe you'll love it too.

bread's done
Back