Finally bought a PS3 need some games

gareman

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I got MGS 4 and Little Big Planet. What else should I get, since I have ignored the PS3 scene so that I did not get tempted.

I am especially interested in PSN titles.

Also anyone know why my wi-fi wont connect to my network even though it detects its?

Get Fat Princess as far as PSN titles go. There are a lot of great titles. I even bothered buying Mortal Kombat 2 for the nostalgic value of it. Do you have an Xbox 360? If so, don't re-buy any titles on the PS3, because that would be wasting money. Definitely pick up Uncharted (both old and new), Killzone 2 if you want a good shooter, and whatever else suits you. I own both consoles but I buy most of my games on the PS3, so I'm playing through Batman: Arkham Asylum and Red Faction Guerilla.

As far as your WiFi connection, check your encryption settings. Do you run other devices on your wireless network, like an iPhone or a laptop? Re-check all of the wireless settings. Even though it sees the network and adds it as your connection, it still may not pass encryption, NAT, or any other enumerated network function.

Hope that helps.

my laptop desktop and wired 360 all work online. the only things that don't are my psp and ps3 (even when I try an ethernet).

wI

Is the laptop wireless? If so, that is pretty strange. I've always had good luck getting the PSP or PS3 to work on a regular wireless network. There's no proprietary protocol in place or anything for using them. All I can suggest is re-entering your SSID and double checking your WEP key if you have one, or whatever type of encryption you use. That certainly is strange. Have you tried running the network diagnostics? Or maybe your router has some kind of MAC address filter on it?

PS3 disc based games:
- Valkyria Chronicle (mix between strategy RPG, Shooter, Action RPG)
- Uncharted and upcoming Uncharted 2 (Great 3rd person adventure game, a lot better than Gears of War series IMO)
- Killzone 2 (Best graphic FPS on consoles)

PS3 PSN games:
- Bomberman Ultra (Classic but with new twists)
- Fat Princess (Fun is the only word to describe this game)
- Flower (Somehow this game can get really addicting because of the relax BGM)

We really need a sticky thread on this. Every other day we have a new topic in this forum asking this same question.

RE: Why you can't connect to your wireless network, which security protocol (if any) are you using?

Blu-Ray games:
Uncharted: Drakes Fortune
Ratchet and Clank Future Tools of destruction

PSN games:
WipEout HD + WipEout HD Fury Add-on
Flower

Shatter is a must buy on the psn store and it's only 7 bucks. Trash Panic is a really cool Puzzle game but can be difficult, it's only 5 bucks. I think Critter Crunch comes out today which looks like a fun puzzle game, and on October 22nd Trine comes out which got fantastic reviews on the pc but will cost 20 bucks. Some other great psn games are super stardust hd, pixejunk monsters and eden, noby noby boy, and fat princess

I just got a Slim PS3, and checked out pretty much every demo available.

First off, know that I only considered PS3 exclusive games. Anything multi system I would get for the 360, so I won't mention those here.

Games I've bought so far:

- Disgaea 3 I'm a huge Disgaea fan so this was a no braienr for me. But afaik this game could have been done on the PS2. It's not exactly gonna overheat your PS3 with blistering graphical prowess.

- Valkyria Chronicles - I LOVE the look of this game. I've only played a few scenarios, but thats becasue I'm concentrating on Disgaea 3 right now. I will get to this and I'm sure I will love it.

- GT Prologue - Cheap and fun, and a little taste of what GT5 is gonna be like.

Those are the only games I have so far, but I also plan to buy:

- Heavenly Sword - I played the demo about 5 times in a row when I first downloaded it. This game is old, but it's still one of the best looking games I have ever seen. I heard it's short though, so I'm looking to get it cheap.

- LBP - waiting on a GOTY edition with all the extra content packed in.

- Uncharted 2 - I've heard nothing but great things about this game. Adam Sessler said it was the best single player experience he's ever had.

- Wipeout - I read this is getting a retail release with the expansion packs added in. I'm waiting for it.

"Folklore". It's got a VERY good story. I'll grant someone the Sixaxis gimmick can get annoying but that aside the attacking works fine.

"Uncharted" is good as well though it's extremely short so that's up to you if you're willing to pay $30 for a game that short.

With what I've heard "Siren" is a great game.

My other recommendation would be "Ninja Gaiden Sigma". I have "Heavenly Sword" and while it's fun it's too short compared to what it should be.

"Genji" is suppose to be fun but is short supposedly but if you'd like to play anything resembling "Onimusha" in HD I suppose "Genji" would be the way to go. Just remember if you get it to buy the Asian version as the American version is censored, see: no blood. I frankly don't get it since Capcom didn't give a shit with "Onimusha" ever getting the M rating.

Also don't forget about buying stuff off PSOne Store as well as PSN. For PSOne go import as the U.S. selection blows majorly. By comparison the Japanese PSOne store has the first and second full versions of Popolocrois, Xenogears, Brave Fencer Musashi, Einhander and a bunch of SNK fighters. There's a decent amount more RPG's and those are just a handful by the way. "Alundra" is another I believe.
On PSN Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection looks good but it's only got the endings for the new characters which is bullshit in my opinion. What else? Super Stardust HD seemed fun from the demo I played and I'd recommend Mega Man 9 from the demo.

Well, didn't read what anyone else said and it can never hurt to get multiple suggestions of the same games. With that said I don't have that many games (14).

Of those games I found myself really enjoying:

Ratchet and Clank Future Tools of Destruction (never downloaded the DLC)
Prototype
Bioshock (if you can't play it on your PC, I couldn't when I got it).
Fallout 3 (same as Bioshock)
Resistance Fall of Man

Dark Sector can be found for cheap and is enjoyable.

[quote name='waijai']guys what happen to street fighter IV?![/QUOTE]

get the new 1 thats commin out next year

Super Stardust HD is a pretty fun PSN game that I didnt see listed yet and it has custom soundtracks. Demons Souls is one I have just started and its pretty fun, I havent tossed my controller since going through brutal on uncharted but I almost broke one lastnight playing this game. Good times ahead with this game.

Download Castlevania: Symphony of the Night if you don't already have it. It was released on the original Playstation in 1997 and is still a lot of fun to play. An actual copy of the game can be hard to find, not to mention expensive. You will surely get your money's worth at $10 for the download.

bread's done
Back