FINALLY got a PSP...cant beat this deal!!

tbizzy1o1

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
I've been trying to get my hands on one for a while now.
A friend of mine was trading theirs in to GameStop and they said they'd give him $80 store credit or $64 cash. So I asked if I could just buy it from her for $90 cash and she took it :lol::lol:

What I got:

2.60 Firmware PSP
1 GB produo memory stick
Wall charger
Car charger

For the wonderful prce if 90 bucks.

Im pumped, I'll be downgrading it to 1.5 firmware next weekend:bouncy:

Darn I paid $300 haha.. I suck at deals. Well then again, I was the first one to get one at the store here. No lines too... I just got it and started playing and showed the employees the PSP. o_O Man, that is a good deal because I still have the small memory stick and no car plugin.

I have a Nintendo DS, so that pretty much puts me in the stratosphere of coolness looking down at you little ants.

But seriously, good deal, original poster. I hope you have fun playing Metal Gear Jedi Roco Whatever Ball.

I won mine in an online contest around launch. Can't beat free, espcially when they were selling for $300 at the time. I'm glad I didn't pay for it as I've used the thing for maybe 3-4 hours total. I watched a UMD on it in the car once and have played a few minutes of some of my games.

Yeah, because the PSP sucks so much, God I have a DS too but I would kill for a PSP for under a hundred dollars. That is a great price for such a device, nice deal.

Eh, hang out at a busy Gamestop for a couple hours on a Friday night at the beginning of the month and odds are some one will bring one in to sell. Offer them $5 more than one EB/GS is playing (try to do this without the employees hearing) and it's yours. I see a lot of people bring these in around the first of the month because they're selling/pawning crap to pay their bills.

I was just trying to be funny. I'd get one too for that price..... FOR ME TO POOP ON!!!!!

Heh. Again, kidding.

I did the same thing and got my girlfriend one for $95, but it didn't come with a 1GB or car charger. Congrats- there are games worth playing now.

[quote name='tbizzy1o1']I've been trying to get my hands on one for a while now.
A friend of mine was trading theirs in to GameStop and they said they'd give him $80 store credit or $64 cash. So I asked if I could just buy it from her for $90 cash and she took it :lol::lol:

What I got:

2.60 Firmware PSP
1 GB produo memory stick
Wall charger
Car charger

For the wonderful prce if 90 bucks.

Im pumped, I'll be downgrading it to 1.5 firmware next weekend:bouncy:[/quote]

I don't believe you. I think you should post pics of your friend. :bouncy:

Hahaha! GOOD WORK! Gamestop needs to be BURNED in their stores like that. You ever in line at a Gamestop, and someone is trading something in you want... and you can give a bit more than Gstop is, for a great deal.... DO IT!.

I'm sorry to you guys that work at Gamestop/etc, but their trade-in rates are for the most part TERRIBLE. ESPECIALLY on games. If things can change, GOOD. And I don't blame the guys actually working in the stores, but the bastards at corporate level.

I told you all this shit worked! Everyone gave me the ''YEAH GOOD IDEA BUT HOW OFTEN DOES THAT HAPPEN?'' deal, and look, two weeks later and some CAG gets an awesome deal on one, this shit works! I did it too :/

bahahaha Icecubed

I have a DS Lite too but I've wanted a psp strictly for DJMax, Street Fighter, and Street Running.

However I'm sure other games will be getting purchased.

Make sure you wait until the Gamestop/EB employee gives it a quick charge and tests it to make sure it works. Don't want to buy one that is dead.

I have a DS (and plan to trade it in towards an ultra-sexy black DS Lite), but even I think the PSP is a decent handheld, and I would definitely buy one for $90. IMO, it actually has a decent library, but not as good as the DS library.

Every Extend Extra
Field Commander
Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories
Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee
LocoRoco
Lumines
Metal Gear Acid
Metal Gear Acid 2
Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops
Power Stone Collection
Silent Hill Origins
Suikoden I & II (Oh if only this were being released in the U.S.)
Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror
Wipeout Pure
Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth

[quote name='smellhasreturned']Yea psp is pretty decent i dunno whats with all the hate.[/QUOTE]

Because its way overpriced at $199 plus the lack of original titles for the system. I have no need for a PSP personally.

[quote name='smellhasreturned']Yea psp is pretty decent i dunno whats with all the hate.[/quote] i personally am not a fan of the psp, but that might be because i'm a nintendo fanboy, well in any case, its sort of like a jack of all trades (which you pay for), it can play mp3's, movies, and games but it doesn't do any of those particularly well, whereas with the ds you have JUST games so you can focus on JUST the games and they are usually refreshing, eg. phoenix wright, trauma centre, most developers will go for something flashy on the psp, nothing like a text adventure or a surgical game

You got a good deal on the PSP. Enjoy it.

I picked up a PSP at launch but eventually got rid of it. It just wasn't getting enough playing time to warrant keeping (although I do miss Lumines sometimes).

To all those haters out there...

I too, was one of you. I got a DS Phatty at launch and have loved it to death, then I upgraded to the secksy Lite. Anyway, the DS has a solid lineup compared to the the PSP. I thought the DS was handheld nirvana... then my friend showed me his pimped out 1.5 firmware PSP running SMB...needless to say I was jealous.

He ended up needing cash a few months later, and I bought it off of him for $400 with the following:

Original packaging, including the headphones and cover
4 1GB memory sticks
Spiderman UMD
Lumines
DarkStalkers
Twisted Metal
Hot Shots Golf
Wipeout Pure

Right now, I have an NES, SNES, GB/GBC/GBA, Master Drive/Genesis, Atari and Colecovision emulators. Maybe I should pick it up and finish some old-school RPG's

bread's done
Back