Finally got Jade Empire

RiCeBo1

CAGiversary!
Went to BB today to see what they had that was good to buy, and I saw that they had one more copy of Jade Empire: LE. Now being a CAGer for a while now, of course I had to use a GGC on it making it $24.99. Anyways, how is this game? How does the battle system work? Is it turn based or real time like Fable? Is it short or is it long? Is it worth keeping or should I return it?

after playing KOTOR, I got sick of the whole dialogue thing. but it is easily the best of the 3 that use that system....I hear it's about 15 hours long.

It's real-time fighting that is arguably more borin than Fable. There are many "styles" to pick from, but I don't know anyone that used more than 2 or maybe 3. There is tons of dialogue, and pretty much all of it is in english (unlike KOTOR). Doing all sidequests, most people can easily finish the game in 22-25 hours. You can be good or bad, but I don't think it has a really big impact on the game at all. Worth a play-thru definately.

I just played it 3 hours in a row since this morning and so far it's great! Definately worth my $25 :)

I picked up the limited edition version at CC last week for $25. Haven't played it yet thou.
I picked up Transformers that same day and I've been hooked on that. =P

I got a question on how to make money. I got a few items that I acquired that I want to sell to buy more gems but I can't sell for some reason. Why is this?

I loved Fable, so I'm going to try and get this soon. I didn't like the battle system in KotOR, but since this is more like Fable (real time) I'llget this for sure.

The game is long enough. As for money, there seems to be a problem with the Jade Empire mint. That or the developers left hoardes of gold out intentionally. If you make Closed Fist choices you'll recieve more money in some quests, but it's not going to make you tons of extra money. You're just going to have to be a CheapAss Kung-Fu Master.

[quote name='Brak']Jade Empire is a solid 9.9 out of 10, in my opinion.[/QUOTE]

Brak= IGN? ;)

I wouldn't rate it that highly, but to be fair, I have only played about 5 hours into the game. I'd give it a 7.5-8 out of 10. It's good, but not great.

bread's done
Back