Finally had white castle this past week

lokizz

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Im from the south and there arent many white castle restuarants around we do have krystals which as far as the burgers go theyre both pretty much the same which is to be expected but i was suprised at how much cheaper white castle was and some of the diff extras you could add to your burgers there ( jalapenos w/ swiss cheese and bacon) and you could even buy frozen white castle burgers to take home which is a pretty smart idea.

but what really impressed me about white castle was the sides. holy shit they had the best damn fries and onion rings ever crinkle cut fries hott seemingly freshly made onion rigns and a chocolate shake that to me actually tasted a bit like german chocolate cake.

so for those of you curious about white castle id say check it out for the sides but if youve had krystals before youre not missing much in the burger dept aside from the lower price for the same taste. no lemme correct that their burger meat was juicier and the buns were lighter.

White Castles don't have onion rings. They have onion chips. They do have chicken rings, though.

And, welcome to the club. Now that you've had White Castles, watch your ass.

I'm not joking.

A friend of mine once bought $40 worth of White Castle food... and ate it all. Including the food I bought, which I didn't eat.

[quote name='mykevermin']White Castles don't have onion rings. They have onion chips. They do have chicken rings, though.

I'm not joking.[/quote]

no these were definelty onion rigns said so on the menu and came in a pretty good sized bag. and yeah they were all pretty much rentals for the day but worth the experience.

[quote name='Brak']A friend of mine once bought $40 worth of White Castle food... and ate it all. Including the food I bought, which I didn't eat.[/quote]

damn 40 bucks would be alot of white caslte. we did a deal for like 14 bucks where you got 20 burgers and 4 fries.

[quote name='Brak']A friend of mine once bought $40 worth of White Castle food... and ate it all. Including the food I bought, which I didn't eat.[/quote]
Holy shit, crave cases are $15 so that's like 70 burgers fries and onion rings or something along those lines. I wouldn't wanna be him 2 hours later.

Some friends of mine and I have a tradition. A crave case of cheeseburgers, of beer, and assorted doughnuts. Awesome drunk food.

[quote name='mykevermin']White Castles don't have onion rings. They have onion chips. They do have chicken rings, though.

I'm not joking.[/QUOTE]

Onion chips? Not in Chicago.

They have Onion rings and Chicken Rings.

White Castle - It's what I crave! :cry:

i thought that place was made up for that movie!
u know what i mean.
the concept of "chicken rings" scares the shhhh it out of me.
i guess its reformed, just like McNuggets, but still, i dunno.
i mean onions, and squid lend themselves to ringness, chicken?

Couple weeks agi I had the Castle for the first time in a few years. Damn those pepperjack burgers are good. Not about to make that place a habit though.

[quote name='Gameboy415']Onion chips? Not in Chicago.

They have Onion rings and Chicken Rings.

White Castle - It's what I crave! :cry:[/quote]

I can also attest that here in Windy City Central, White Castle's got onion rings. Probably a regional thing. And yeah, I hope Brak's friend got some laxative cuz that is one poop experience I would not look forward to.:cold:

White Castle and Dunkin Donuts are the two things that will ensure my return to the east coast after I graduate. They need to open more stores across the country.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']White Castle and Dunkin Donuts are the two things that will ensure my return to the east coast after I graduate. They need to open more stores across the country.[/quote]

cmon man you must have meant krispy kreme and not dunkin doughnuts.

Ah, love the White Castles...I'm 41 and I still try and get there every couple of months...oh, and I'm stone cold sober when I go, btw.

I forgot to mention that White Castle burgers taste like microwaved dollops of cat shit.

They even glisten in the light.

[quote name='Brak']I forgot to mention that White Castle burgers taste like microwaved dollops of cat shit.

They even glisten in the light.[/QUOTE]

I will take your word on that! Never crossed my mind to microwave cat shit or to taste it any other way either.

A friend of mine ate 16 of them at one sitting (20 was the dare) and laid on the floor for a couple hours moaning. Even after friends of mine he did not know came over. He was 23ish at the time. He never could say no to a food dare. My favorite food dares included a mile of running at the end. Ah, the good old days.

T

[quote name='Brak']I forgot to mention that White Castle burgers taste like microwaved dollops of cat shit.

They even glisten in the light.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

That killed me.

I've only had White Castle once as a kid in Kansas City a long time ago. I always loved the frozen burgers so I begged my parents to take me. I love Krystals, so can't wait to go to White Castle again.

On the topic of onion rings: Ted's Montana Grill has the best tasting onion rings I have ever had. They make them from scratch. Go get some and have an Anchor Steam beer with them sometime.

[quote name='lokizz']cmon man you must have meant krispy kreme and not dunkin doughnuts.[/quote]

We have a Krispy Kreme here. I avoid it like the plague, as I like my food to be edible.

when I use to live in Long Island, I use to love White Castle as a kid. Then I moved to VA...didn't have white castle for 10 years, then I tried it again in 2004. What a pile of shit. Extremely cheap but really bad tasting. Let me guess, after watching that shitty movie, Harold and Kumar go to white castle, you just had to get some huh?

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']We have a Krispy Kreme here. I avoid it like the plague, as I like my food to be edible.[/QUOTE]

My Arteries in my wrists feel like they are harding after eating two of those things.

[quote name='Pancake Rabbit']White Castle is delicious when you're drunk.[/quote]

Everything is like a gajillion times better when you are under the influence of something.

White Castle is nice from time to time

[quote name='ITDEFX']when I use to live in Long Island, I use to love White Castle as a kid. Then I moved to VA...didn't have white castle for 10 years, then I tried it again in 2004. What a pile of shit. Extremely cheap but really bad tasting. Let me guess, after watching that shitty movie, Harold and Kumar go to white castle, you just had to get some huh?[/quote]

lol hell no. ive known about white castle for years but id never been near enough to one to try it. ive seen the history of the place on tv a few times and you always hear people raving about it so it was cool to finally get a chance to see if my theory about it being ujust like krystals was corrrect or not. id never be weird enough to want to try food based on a lame movie but i do see things off of the food network id like to try. that and on no reservations.

I've only had the frozen White Castle, anyone I know from the East Coast seem to think its not that much different from the real thing. They're alright. Especially for a quick snack.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']We have a Krispy Kreme here. I avoid it like the plague, as I like my food to be edible.[/quote]And yet, you love White Castle, some of the worst "food" available in the United States. But hey, enjoy their Grade F Rat meat they use in their "burgers".

White Castle is one of those "love it or hate it" places. Either people seem to love it or they absolutely hate it. There doesn't seem to be much middle ground.

Really, I love White Castle, I think it's quite tasty. I really don't care how low quality it is, I enjoy it. Really, the thing that pisses me off the most is that the wait at our local one is rediculous. It's 20 minutes to get your food, whether it's packed or your the only one in there. So, we might go 3-4 times a year.

I also swear there was onion rings there last time we went. Have to check if we go again soon.

One last note, Dunkin Donuts has been great for 20+ years. We had one as a kid, and nothing beats a jelly stick from there. Best 70 some cents you can spend on a donut.

Wow. Hope the onion rings are good, 'cuz the onion chips are great.

One caveat I have to add: I love WC, but I only get the craving for them when I'm stinking fucking drunk (e.g., two beers from punching your mother in the face drunk). I do have them when I'm sober, but perhaps only 1-2 times in a year (if that). I don't think that I'm all that unique in this regard.

I can't really fathom craving them sober, so it's hard for me to envision Sneaky (IIRC, you aren't a drinker) being a WC fiend.

[quote name='mykevermin']Wow. Hope the onion rings are good, 'cuz the onion chips are great.

One caveat I have to add: I love WC, but I only get the craving for them when I'm stinking fucking drunk (e.g., two beers from punching your mother in the face drunk). I do have them when I'm sober, but perhaps only 1-2 times in a year (if that). I don't think that I'm all that unique in this regard.

I can't really fathom craving them sober, so it's hard for me to envision Sneaky (IIRC, you aren't a drinker) being a WC fiend.[/quote]

The onion rings are awesome. I too get the craving when I'm stinkin' drunk but I think it's more due to limited food options as I'm usually "about-to-pass-out" drunk after a night of partying till they kick us out of the club/bar at 2am and there's not many restaurants/fast food joints open.

[quote name='lordxixor101']White Castle is one of those "love it or hate it" places. Either people seem to love it or they absolutely hate it. There doesn't seem to be much middle ground.
[/QUOTE]

"People either loved us, hated us, or thought we were ok"

-mitch himself

I think white castle is just ok.

It is exponentially better when you are drunk.

[quote name='jaykrue']The onion rings are awesome. I too get the craving when I'm stinkin' drunk but I think it's more due to limited food options as I'm usually "about-to-pass-out" drunk after a night of partying till they kick us out of the club/bar at 2am and there's not many restaurants/fast food joints open.[/QUOTE]

QFT

[quote name='mykevermin']I can't really fathom craving them sober, so it's hard for me to envision Sneaky (IIRC, you aren't a drinker) being a WC fiend.[/quote]

Well, I do drink now, just not very often and never enough to get drunk.

One of my friends here is from Jersey though, and we both are always craving White Castle. Every time I visit home, I usually get a Crave Case, freeze the burgers, and take them on the plane back to Washington, just so I can enjoy them a little longer after I'm gone.

Seriously, White Castle is my absolute favorite fast food. If I had one close to me I'd eat it every day.

[quote name='Pancake Rabbit']White Castle is delicious when you're drunk. I don't think I would go there sober.[/QUOTE]
I'm not much of a drinker but I agree. It surpasses pretty much everything else on the drunk-and-hungry scale.

While sober...feh. It's ok once in a great while. The closest one is like 20 minutes away so I'm not that inspired to go regardless.

White Castle is the best stuff on earth when your stoned/drunk, and its pretty damn good when your sober too.

The Castle closest to me is open 24hrs a day too, Woot!

I remember the first time I went down to New Orleans and saw the Krystal on Bourbon street, I was all like WTF! Ripoff! But that stuff was damn good too. Liked the idea of mustard on my burger. Now I rock the Krystal whenever Im in the Big Easy.

I think liking White Castle is entirely dependant on growing up in an area with White Castles. I find it funny that now 'Mini Chesseburgers' are all the rage at every CCOTW (crazy crap on the walls) restuarants you go to.

Mmmmm... cooked onnabedda onions...

White Castle Valentines day dont hold a candle to a White Castle WEDDING!

ghettowed.jpg

Thats the Castle in Clifton NJ iirc from my College daze.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Krystal > White Castle in the burger dept.

Sides? WC's sound better than Krystal's nasty fries.[/quote]

dude you have no idea how awesome white castles sides are. i grew up on krystals and i dont think i can ever go back to krystals after having my world rocked by the wc experience. the burgers are cool and alot alike but damn the onion rings fries and shakes are worth getting on their own.

damn i should have tried their chicken sandwhiches too i miss those old krystal flavored chicks.

another great cheap fastfood place i miss is jack in the box. man nothing better than a jumbo jack on a late night but theyr emore common on the west coast.

bread's done
Back