Finally, I have obtained it. The holy grail.

Matt Young

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
Today, around 1 in the afternoon, a huge box was delivered to my door. I knew what the box contained before I even saw who it was from. The awesomeness contained in the box was so great, they literally could not even tape the box shut.

I carefully pulled out my prize from its cardboard container... and I nearly wept with joy. What could garner such a strong emotional response from a manly man such as myself?

wrm2s3.jpg
30uqm3n.jpg

Awwwwww yeah.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
Weird... those weren't showing up after I made the post, but TinyPic, which took 3 or 4 tries before working, allows the pics to show up here.

I HAD THAT SAME COUCH!

And I still have 3 random copies of Rock Revolution (game only) from Best Buy's B2G1 free glitch last year. Friends won't even take them from me when I offer to simply give them for FREE! haha

I am worried about finding partners for the online achievements for that reason. But yes, I plan to actually play through this game and even try it with these crazy new drums.

I wonder if my purchase of this and Red Dead Redemption in the same transaction displays possibly the biggest differential between quality of two items bought together.

The only reason I ever even wanted to remotely play that game is because it has Scars on Broadway. I can't bring myself to buy a copy of it to play it though. I don't want to be ridiculed for having it in my recently played games list. ;P

[quote name='Matt Young']Today, around 1 in the afternoon, a huge box was delivered to my door. I knew what the box contained before I even saw who it was from. The awesomeness contained in the box was so great, they literally could not even tape the box shut.

I carefully pulled out my prize from its cardboard container... and I nearly wept with joy. What could garner such a strong emotional response from a manly man such as myself?
Awwwwww yeah.[/QUOTE]

And here I thought they used all of those to try plugging up the oil leak. Nice job obtaining such a priceless collector's item. This is definitely something to show off to the grandkids someday.

[quote name='sykotek']Congratulations? Its ... a... major award![/QUOTE]
I see what you did there....and I like it

Matt,
I've never talked to anyone who has actually played the drums. Let me know what you think of them. Perhaps getting an official "they suck" will put my strange itch to play them to rest.

Okay; not sure when I'll try them out, though, with the Gears 2 bonus XP and the fact that I just got Red Dead Redemption. It might be a week or so.

I paid $9.43, and apparently just in time, too. Amazon raised the bundle back to $39.99. Stupid Amazon.

Hrmm I just looked at the song list for this and I guess there is no Scars on Broadway after all. I could have sworn that they used one of the songs by Scars on Broadway in the commercial. Youtube is blocked at work, or I'd hunt it down. Anyway, there are some decent tracks on it, but the presentation looks horrid.

[quote name='Puffa469']I hear these music games are going to be the next big thing.[/QUOTE]

You should invest in BP stock. I hear that company does everything right. ;)

[quote name='BingoBrown']You should invest in BP stock. I hear that company does everything right. ;)[/QUOTE]

I love that the Rock Revolution thread gets two BP/oil spill jokes in two pages. Definitely says something that's the first thing that comes to mind...

[quote name='BingoBrown']You should invest in BP stock. I hear that company does everything right. ;)[/QUOTE]

I bought some BP ADR's a month ago.

The stock has dropped over 50% since their little snafu. They are not gonna go bankrupt and their stock will rebound fully.

Americans forget so fast. And it's not like we're gonna suddenly stop needing oil and gas.

I have RR on the PS3. Because of the vertical note track and the fact that the notes themselves are small, the difficulty ramps up quickly. The drums were... meh. They aren't realistic, and you're probably going to miss a few times, but for casual use, they're fine.

[quote name='Matt Young']I am worried about finding partners for the online achievements for that reason. But yes, I plan to actually play through this game and even try it with these crazy new drums.[/QUOTE]

Send me a friend request, and I'll see if we can bang some out. I'm not sure I want to go for the 100 online games one, but everything else is fair game.

[quote name='Matt Young']Okay; not sure when I'll try them out, though, with the Gears 2 bonus XP and the fact that I just got Red Dead Redemption. It might be a week or so.

I paid $9.43, and apparently just in time, too. Amazon raised the bundle back to $39.99. Stupid Amazon.[/QUOTE]

They had it for $7.99 (the bundle which is game+drums) @ my local hasting's when they were closing down and no one bought it...enjoy though :bouncy:

[quote name='Matt Young']I am worried about finding partners for the online achievements for that reason. But yes, I plan to actually play through this game and even try it with these crazy new drums. [/QUOTE]

congrats?

i've got best buy copies sitting around... i'll open one up and play it with you! shoot me a msg. (GT: Stauskas)

bread's done
Back