Finally picked up a PS2..

Staind204

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
Well I had owned one back when they first came out. I had it for about 2 years but eventually sold it. I later got an Xbox and have now upgraded to the 360. Unfortunately most Xbox games wont play on the 360 and I cant afford to be spending 40+ on a game each time I want a new one. I have a bunch of older systems like NES,SNES, SCD, Genny, etc but I wanted another system I can sit down and enjoy for extended periods of time. I saw where FYE had PS2's for $99.99 A/R so i picked one up today along with The Godfather ($19.99 A/R). I also picked up a few VERY cheap PS1 games ($3.33 a piece) -- Dino Crisis, Twisted Metal 3, 4, X Files, Silent Hill ($7.99- disc only). Do you guys have some suggestions for the must have PS1 or PS2 EXCLUSIVE games besides the obvious ones like Final Fantasies, Resident Evils, Grand Turismos, etc? I enjoy most types of games.. Puzzle, RPGs, FPS, Action/Adventure.. Thanks in advance.

God of War. Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2. Grand Theft Auto's. Devil May Cry's.

Even though you said not to mention I stress getting Final Fantasy 10. If you like RPG's then you'll mos def love it.

Chrono Cross
Crash Bandicoot 2
Rayman
Megaman X4
Breath of Fire III, IV, V
Jak and Daxter
Jak 2
Ratchet and Clank 1,2,3
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Disgaea
Devil May Cry
Onimusha 1,2,3

Also try Radiata Stories, if you're like me you'll love it.

*Devil May Cry 3 - I'd agree with a lot of what is said here so far, but I would skip straight to Devil May Cry 3: SE and skip the others in the series (for now atleast). It's a prequel so you are not going to be lost with the story and the gameplay is much more refined.
*Sly Cooper series - My favorite of the Trinity of PS2 platformers (Jak series, Ratchet & Clank series, Sly Cooper series) Though if like more action than platforming your best bet would probably be Ratchet and Clank.
*Katamary Damacy - A crazy and unique action/puzzle game.
*R-type: Final - If you like 2D sidescrolling ship shooters
*Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner - Skip right to the sequel, it is leaps and bounds better than the first game in story, presentation, gameplay, graphics, everything. It's a third person Mech combat game (think the combat style of Virtual On except in free-roaming environments instead of an Arena).

What everyone else said plus...

--Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne
--Devil May Cry 1 -- a step back from 3, but still a ton of fun

Looks like I've got a ton of gaming to catch up on. The only bad thing is that its hard to find complete PS One games in my area anymore =( Thanks for all the suggestions!

Do you guys think RE4 is good on the Ps2? My friend has it for GC and loved it but doesnt the PS2 version look quite a bit worse? Also what features does the Ps2 one have that GC doesnt?

[quote name='Staind204']Do you guys think RE4 is good on the Ps2? My friend has it for GC and loved it but doesnt the PS2 version look quite a bit worse? Also what features does the Ps2 one have that GC doesnt?[/QUOTE]

The ps2 version has Seperate Ways which explains what the hell's going on with Ada, Wesker and all them. It's really important story stuff. It still looks amazing.

God Of War (Can't reccomend this game enough..)
Devil May Cry 1, and 3: SE
Guitar Hero
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistance
Shadow of the Colossus
Resident Evil 4

Tagged, I'm going through the same thing. I still need to buy a memory card too, so if anybody can find me a cheap deal on the 8mb one, let me know.

Most of the PS2 must plays are greatest hits, so any GH section is a gold mine if you haven't touched a PS2 in a few years. Although there are quite a few that aren't GH that are must plays, um correct me if I wrong anyone:

Zone of Enders 2
Rez
Digital Devil Saga
Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne
Disgaea

(my brain hurts, everyone one else think..)

[quote name='sisco1986']Most of the PS2 must plays are greatest hits, so any GH section is a gold mine if you haven't touched a PS2 in a few years. Although there are quite a few that aren't GH that are must plays, um correct me if I wrong anyone:

Zone of Enders 2
Rez
Digital Devil Saga
Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne
Disgaea

(my brain hurts, everyone one else think..)[/quote]
Yeah. Those are among the best and are also among the hardest to find ;)

Some widely available, PS2 exclusive games that you should try out too:

ATV Offroad Fury series
Ratchet & Clank series
Jak series
Sly series
God of War
Gran Turismo 4
Devil May Cry 3 SE

The .hack// series is pretty entertaining for an Action RPG in an MMO world.
R.A.D. (Robot Alchemic Drive) is an good unique Mech type game.
Taiko Drum Master if you like the DDR/Guitar Hero/Beatmania type games.
Mad Maestro is you like music/rythmn games.
Xenosaga Ep 1 is good RPG, Ep 2 is mediocre.

bread's done
Back