Finally something to justify buying that copy of UT3

Krakn3Dfx

CAGiversary!
Yeah, UT3 is a disaster compared to UT2K4 and UT99. We all know that, and by itself it's barely worth the $5 or whatever I paid for it.

BUT...The Haunted makes UT3 worth owning.

The Haunted Mod

The mod is a slimmed down take on Killing Floor, except using the UT3 engine. There are no perks, but you do level up in a match. There are a lot of great ranged and melee based weapons like shotguns, chainsaws, etc., and a god variety of monsters to fight. There are 4 game modes, but I've been pretty much just playing Survival with some people online.

If you get a chance, download it and check it out, definitely worth playing a bit. Someone should rip this guy up and make a full fledged commercial title out of this while the zombie craze is still going on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks OP. Barely got the game and this will be bookmarked for later after I play through the game a bit.

Last edited by a moderator:
The mod looks pretty good but how is single player gameplay, I only ask because the site mentioned that it has solo missions and I think I would like to try it out first since I haven't played any online FPS's since the original unreal tournament.

[quote name='OldSchool77']The mod looks pretty good but how is single player gameplay, I only ask because the site mentioned that it has solo missions and I think I would like to try it out first since I haven't played any online FPS's since the original unreal tournament.[/QUOTE]

Single player is pretty fun, fairly challenging, it's basically just a scaled back version of playing survival mode online with others, not as many monsters coming at you.

Aw, be nice to UT3! Sure i like UT2k4 and UT99 a lot more, but I had fun with UT3 the couple of weeks I played. I had a lot of fun with all of those new modes in the Titan Pack.

Thanks for the heads up tho! I'll try this out sometime this week.

Hmmm maybe I need to reinstall UT3. I bought it off Steam during one of those sales and then deleted it since i never played it....

just like vista, people still bash well after tons of content & updates appeared that fix a lot of the launch issues...

well worth the $30 for the CE over a year ago, it still plays & is intense like other UTs (just heavy with a wacky menu)

plus mods are a given for any UT anyway (plus the makesomethingunreal contest)

Anybody who has UT3 should get these skins:

33158.jpg

http://www.fpsbanana.com/skins/42932

bread's done
Back