Finally watched Saints and Soldiers...

crickett003

CAGiversary!
Sat down today & finally popped in Saints and Soldiers.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0373283/

I have to say I was very impressed. I highly recommend it to anyone that watches war movies.

It is a more intimate war movie. One that centers around a small group instead of huge battles. I seem to enjoy those more. Instead of concentrating on huge battle scenes and sweeping special effects, the filmmakers are able to focus more on character development, etc.

Yes, the occasional religious tones get slightly over-dramatic, but I didn't feel that it was overpowering/distracting.

For a budget of about $800,000, the filmmakers did an excellent job!

Check it out ;)

Anyone else see it? Thoughts??

Saw it about a month or so ago, and while I agree it sometimes got a little preachy, for its budget it's some pretty outstanding work given the experience of the filmmakers and crew.

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']Saw it about a month or so ago, and while I agree it sometimes got a little preachy, for its budget it's some pretty outstanding work given the experience of the filmmakers and crew.[/QUOTE]

Totally agree. One of the nice things about it is that it doesn't drag on for 3 hours. It's simple, not dull, and 90 minutes :)

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']We do have a Last Movie You Saw thread just for these types of posts. ;)[/QUOTE]

I know. I just wanted to make a special mention of this movie. In my opinion it deserves a little bit of recognition for it's greatness. :) Any other run-of-the-mill flick I would certainly add to the thread.

It would simply get lost in the pages and pages and pages of the Last Movie You Saw thread.

bread's done
Back