Financial crisis affects Wall Street Golddiggers! ONOES

Dead of Knight

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/28/n...d=1&ei=5124&en=843855e519bacaed&ex=1390885200

First part of article, there's more:
The economic crisis came home to 27-year-old Megan Petrus early last year when her boyfriend of eight months, a derivatives trader for a major bank, proved to be more concerned about helping a laid-off colleague than comforting Ms. Petrus after her father had a heart attack.

For Christine Cameron, the recession became real when the financial analyst she had been dating for about a year would get drunk and disappear while they were out together, then accuse her the next day of being the one who had absconded.

Dawn Spinner Davis, 26, a beauty writer, said the downward-trending graphs began to make sense when the man she married on Nov. 1, a 28-year-old private wealth manager, stopped playing golf, once his passion. “One of his best friends told me that my job is now to keep him calm and keep him from dying at the age of 35,” Ms. Davis said. “It’s not what I signed up for.”

They shared their sad stories the other night at an informal gathering of Dating a Banker Anonymous, a support group founded in November to help women cope with the inevitable relationship fallout from, say, the collapse of Lehman Brothers or the Dow’s shedding 777 points in a single day, as it did on Sept. 29.

In addition to meeting once or twice weekly for brunch or drinks at a bar or restaurant, the group has a blog, billed as “free from the scrutiny of feminists,” that invites women to join “if your monthly Bergdorf’s allowance has been halved and bottle service has all but disappeared from your life.”

Also here's the blog they talk about:
http://dabagirls.wordpress.com/

And a great excerpt from the blog:
http://dabagirls.wordpress.com/2009/01/23/god-you-are-so-24/
Suddenly, I found myself being taken out less and less frequently. A recent argument went along these lines:

Me *pouting*: You haven’t taken me on a trip since we went to Bermuda in September. What’s going on?

Charles: Honey, finances are tight right now so my wife has taken it upon herself to check up on all of our accounts. She will notice any big expenditures.

Me *cute voice*: Wellllllllllllll, what are you going to do to make it up to me?

Charles: Can we talk later sweetheart? I’m really busy right now.

Me: No. Give me an answer NOW. Don’t you realize what you have? I’m way too hot to be treated like this. (Disclaimer: Yes, I come across as bratty here, but it typically works when trying to get something out of him)

Charles *yelling for the first time in our almost two-year relationship*: I’VE GOT TO FIRE TWENTY PEOPLE BY THE END OF THE WEEK. Z has four kids, X just had a baby girl, Y just sent his son to college and I’ve got to get rid of two of those guys… and you’re complaining about vacations and dinner? God, you are so 24! GROW UP!

Me *stunned*: Okie dokie, let’s talk later lover.

He apologized a few hours later. He promised my age was one of the things that endears me to him the most, but that I just don’t understand the tremendous amounts of pressure he is under right now. Fair enough. But damn, it’s tough to date a banker, even for the girl on the side.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I can't stop laughing at this shit.

[quote name='nevposey']"It’s not what I signed up for." - this girl is awesome.[/QUOTE]

I guess "for better or for worse" is just something you say, like "no, that dress doesn't make your ass look fat".

PS Her maiden (or middle) name is "Spinner"

thats the problem with mistresses. they always want more. lol whether it be a committed relationship or more money.

don't they know that there are 7 of them to one of us? yet we pine over the few pretty ones. sheesh what is the world coming to?

pretty soon jump-offs across america are going to have to WORK. OMG the horror. lol

this is crazy. i gotta start reading this blog. imma definately sign up. lol

:whee: :whee:

Yeah, I've never understood the need of these rich assholes to have steady mistresses.

Seems like it would be a lot more fun and less hassle to just have a bunch of one night stands. Much easier to wine and dine a girl for one night that to have a gold digger hanging around for months or years. Variety is the spice of life.

Thats the world for you. even gold diggers can get a support group.

you guys should read the latest entry. now thats pretty funny. Bitch had to move up her Botox appointment because her apparent relationship is on the rocks with some banker dude.

this is hilarious. just read a page of the blogs and I am crying here from laughing. lol

these are some thirsty chicks. this blog is hilarious and so sad at the same time.
oh well serves them right.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Yeah, I've never understood the need of these rich assholes to have steady mistresses.

Seems like it would be a lot more fun and less hassle to just have a bunch of one night stands. Much easier to wine and dine a girl for one night that to have a gold digger hanging around for months or years. Variety is the spice of life.[/quote]

Agreed, I don't foresee myself to ever be in that type of situation but why would you have a steady relationship with a girl on the side. All I can see is
"Well you better do this and that or else I'm telling your wife about us."

[quote name='bardiya27']Agreed, I don't foresee myself to ever be in that type of situation but why would you have a steady relationship with a girl on the side. All I can see is
"Well you better do this and that or else I'm telling your wife about us."[/quote]

well it is easier to maintain A mistress than a harem of one night stands. plus one night stands eventually lead to STD's whereas your mistresses is actually your second wife and if something happens there are less fingers to point. so it is either a win win or lose lose situation.

There's not really much maintaining with one night stands. That's kind of the whole point of them.

STD risk is very real of course though.

bread's done
Back