Find out what your collection is worth! (PHP function)

[quote name='elessar123']You probably should grab prices from VGPC instead of Amazon...[/QUOTE]
A good idea. I prefer Amazon, though. I'm sure you could tweak the RegEx though and grab the same things from VGPC. VGPC is updated less often, and with SNES games usually mirrors Amazon. (or so I've observed)

Amazon tends to be the cheapest prices, and being a cheap-ass myself, that's really all I'm interested in.

That's cool, and it brings up a question I've had for a while... is there a way to code something like this for ebay? Basically it's the same idea; you list your games, and it can pull listing data from ebay on those games, like newly listed auctions, buy-it-now prices, etc.

[quote name='eastshore4']That's cool, and it brings up a question I've had for a while... is there a way to code something like this for ebay? Basically it's the same idea; you list your games, and it can pull listing data from ebay on those games, like newly listed auctions, buy-it-now prices, etc.[/QUOTE]
Yes, that's possible. I'm too lazy to do it though :bouncy:

Code:
$regexp='(\\$[0-9]+(?:\\.[0-9][0-9])?)(?![\\d])';
$regext='class="chart_title">(.*?)';

Replace regexp/regext with these and you can use Video Game Price Charts' prices!

[quote name='phear3d']this is awesome dorino. would you happen to have a bbcode for phpbb2-3 boards?[/QUOTE]
haha, no. bbcode is kind of crude html, isn't it? doesn't really support anything regex. sorry!

PHP is the easiest route, I think.

For those wondering: You need to echo the $price $title to really do anything with this; The function as I posted it only grabs the variables, it doesn't say them

Edit: I misread your post. My demo reads them 1 by 1 because it's called as page loads. Yours is calling at all at once because it's a form... I assume, and it's calling it ALL on the page load.

I actually picked up PHP thanks to dorino and his nifty script. Right now I'm trying to write a section of code that will extract the names from www.backloggery.com, and through a few basic formatting tweaks make it as close to the URL for VGPC as possible.

Theoretically it should work, but I'm having trouble coming up with the part that will put the characters between " " and "  " into a string variable.

[quote name='tooshorty6432168']I actually picked up PHP thanks to dorino and his nifty script. Right now I'm trying to write a section of code that will extract the names from www.backloggery.com, and through a few basic formatting tweaks make it as close to the URL for VGPC as possible.

Theoretically it should work, but I'm having trouble coming up with the part that will put the characters between " " and "  " into a string variable.[/QUOTE]
That's regex, look it up. it's hard to explain, and still upsets me.

Crazy Boy: Post your source or PM it to me, I'll see what's wrong.

bread's done
Back