Finding a Cheap Flight

Koggit

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I wanna surprise my parents with a visit. I wanna go to LFT from SEA, the cheapest I can find now is $413 + taxes on Continental. Just a couple days ago Continental had some that were $303 + taxes. Taxes are about $50.

The weirdest part is that now all flights from SEA to LFT are minimum $413, even ones 3 months away, there's nothing for less at any date.

Is it likely that their price will go back down, or is it just going to keep going up?

youre in school right koggit? when i was in school we had a student travel center on campus that was able to give get you student discounts and such on travel. if your campus has one check it out.

looks like you might be pretty much screwed. you are too near atlanta and they are the nazis of the sky. discount airlines in general are not even allowed to go near there. my recommendation might be to try and name your own price on priceline.com if you do not plan on travelling in the near future. also try flying on like a tuesday-thursday, or check the prices for a few days ahead and before to see if there is any difference in the prices. Good Luck!

it looks like my school doesn't have any sort of student travel thing (there are a couple travel agencies near campus but they're not affiliated with the school). I think I'll check once a day for the next week or so and just play it by ear, if nothing's cheaper by then I'll just buy. my dates are super flexible, i can fly any day/time.. the $413 is a little cheaper than the New Orleans flight since that's round trip, but thanks for the heads up.

Have you tried a flight-compilation website like Kayak.com? Easy way to check out all the major flights for the most choices.

I've had to fly a lot recently for work, and found that sometimes an airline's website has better prices than a site like Orbitz (Delta has now twice in a row).

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']flying during the week will make it cheaper avoid fri and sun arrivals and departures.[/QUOTE]

Yep. I tend to fly a lot leaving on like a Tuesday and coming back on a Saturday to get good deals.

As for whether it will get cheaper, it's just a crap shoot. A lot of times I find once it's within 2 weeks prices just go up or stay high. Further out than that they bounce up and down a lot.

[quote name='johnnypark']I've had to fly a lot recently for work, and found that sometimes an airline's website has better prices than a site like Orbitz (Delta has now twice in a row).[/QUOTE]

I found the same thing with Virgin America. The aggregator sites were all showing around $400 for the flight needed and VA's own site had it for under $100 each way. This was so cheap we could buy extra seats for the elbow room for considerably less than getting into busines or first class.

bread's done
Back