Finding Eternal Sonata [PS3] New Below $20?

shadou

CAGiversary!
I'm looking for Eternal Sonata for the PS3 and was wondering if there was some place I could buy it at less than $20 (this includes S+H). It's become pretty hard to find brand new, and even used eBay copies go for $21+.

I usually try to keep my budget below $15, but for harder to find OOP or OOS games I'll go up to $20-22 range (like paying $20 for new Heavenly Sword recently).

Thanks for any help.

It is not going to happen. No B&M store carry this any more, and the price is only going to go up as few copies are available.

I figured as much. Most of the time, wait and the price of a game will eventually drop below $20 (at least with a promotion or sale) works, but sometimes a game bucks the trend.

I'll check some local game stores and probably wait for a $25 price point on Amazon before buying.

[quote name='shadou']I figured as much. Most of the time, wait and the price of a game will eventually drop below $20 (at least with a promotion or sale) works, but sometimes a game bucks the trend.

I'll check some local game stores and probably wait for a $25 price point on Amazon before buying.[/QUOTE]

Actually it is sold out on amazon and only market place seller are selling it.

As others have said your not going to find it new at that price. Even when amazon gets it in stock it goes out of stock very quickly cheapest Ive seen it was 23.99.

[quote name='shadou']I figured as much. Most of the time, wait and the price of a game will eventually drop below $20 (at least with a promotion or sale) works, but sometimes a game bucks the trend.[/QUOTE]

With a lot of the more niche JRPGs, though, the companies don't print enough copies for the game to ever reach that low price-point (see Atlus and NIS). They don't want to print a ton of copies that they won't be able to sell.

[quote name='shadou']I'll check some local game stores and probably wait for a $25 price point on Amazon before buying.[/QUOTE]

Good luck on that. Personally, I'd say that if you want the game that badly, just pony up the extra $5 and make sure you get it. If you don't really care whether you get it or not, you can wait, but if that were the case you probably wouldn't have bothered to post.

[quote name='arcane93']With a lot of the more niche JRPGs, though, the companies don't print enough copies for the game to ever reach that low price-point (see Atlus and NIS). They don't want to print a ton of copies that they won't be able to sell.

Good luck on that. Personally, I'd say that if you want the game that badly, just pony up the extra $5 and make sure you get it. If you don't really care whether you get it or not, you can wait, but if that were the case you probably wouldn't have bothered to post.[/QUOTE]

One the first point, that's understandable. I've rarely seen JRPGs become Greatest Hits (or something similar) unless they were part of big franchises.

For the second point, I meant if there is a fulfilled third party seller selling the game new at $25. It's not very high on my priority list, but I'm wondering if I should move on it now since it continues getting harder to find. I mean at some point "new" copies may not even be around anymore.

i got a new copy BIN on ebay a couple months ago for 27 shipped but i noticed in their next auctions they had upped the BIN to 31. I, too, searched everywhere else and found that most places didnt even have it listed on the ps3.

Amazon (not a 3rd party seller) currently has it in stock for 29.99, I decided to jump on the deal, considering the price isn't too bad (I'm surprised Gamestop still sells it at $39.99 B&M used, but then again they overprice almost everything) and the game is difficult to find.

At least this way I don't have to deal with resealed games from 3rd parties or Ebay.

I've really been looking for a cheaper PS3 JRPG (FFXIII, WKC, and RoF won't be dropping for a while), and while I got Valkyria Chronicles, I'm not big into strategy RPGs. Demon's Soul is also one that I may get if it's cheap enough. Other than Enchanted Arms (which looks a bit mediocre to me), Eternal Sonata seems to be the best price for a good non-strategy JRPG on the market for now.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='shadou']Amazon (not a 3rd party seller) currently has it in stock for 29.99, I decided to jump on the deal, considering the price isn't too bad (I'm surprised Gamestop still sells it at $39.99 B&M used, but then again they overprice almost everything) and the game is difficult to find.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, honestly, that's a pretty good price for it, and if you like that type of game I think you'll find it worth it. I've enjoyed what I've played of it, but to be honest I got it not long before a few other games that I'd been anticipating came out, so I got distracted away from it fairly early on and haven't gotten back to it yet.

Unfortunately, the PS3 has been pretty light on JRPGs so far. Hopefully this sudden trend of new ones coming out (FFXIII, WKC, RoF, Last Rebellion, etc.) all at once means that's starting to change. In the meantime, the Nintendo DS and the PSP have become my go-to systems for JRPG gaming (seriously, if you want a ton of JRPGs, get one or both of those).

bread's done
Back