Finding games to flip

poolshark181

CAGiversary!
Ok, i see people all the time on these forums talking about flipping games from TRU sales to EB/GS. the question is, how do you all know what are profitable games to flip? I know lumines 2 is a pretty good deal right now, since it's on clearance at TRU, and trade in value is 7$. but how do you all know what trade in values are ? is there some secret website? a formula? =] thanks!

Hang out in the Gamerush and EB/GS threads to get a idea. I haven't done it in awhile, but personally I always tried to stick to games I knew people didn't want to play. Also clearance games are fine and all, but with Gamerush recent pricedrops are a better place to start.

You will also notice a few Cags (even a mod) with a constant supply of certain games from the clearance sales. Basically if they are buying 20 copies of a game to resale on ebay you know its worth more normally.

it's easier to find games you can sell for more actual money instead of flipping at eb/gs/gc/fye, except in rare cases. as for advice, it just takes time, research, and a willingness to spend some of your free time just browsing at stores.

[quote name='Apossum']it's easier to find games you can sell for more actual money instead of flipping at eb/gs/gc/fye, except in rare cases. as for advice, it just takes time, research, and a willingness to spend some of your free time just browsing at stores.[/quote]

Yeah Apossum is right it takes a willingness to spend alot of time looking for games and keeping up to date on values. Its the whole reason why people are able to make some money or build up store credit. It also takes a cool head when you have a complete wasted trip...

To each his own, I personal won't go out of my way for games to flip anymore.

like everyone has said it is just keeping informed and at times just opportunity -last month EB was selling Jaws for $9 though through an inquiry I found that Game Rush was giving $19 - needless to say I did that @ 3 different locations, watch the adds, review CAGwiki, and review these forums - it will pay off - last week CC ran a special for $20 off purchase of $20 for 360 accessories - that made 1600 point cards buy 1 get 1 and I did that at 2 CC and Best Buy and Walmart price matched the add - needless to say I am sitting on thousand of points for half the cash outlay

Good Luck

sometimes just knowing the top few valuable titles per current game system comes in handy. I don't really play resident evil games but I knew when I saw code veronica x for gamecube being clearanced out at a local department stores for $4.00 each I knew I could make a killer profit. So just knowing that game sells well netted me 200-250 in profit after shipping/paypal/ebay/amazon fees when I bought 13 copies of the game and sold them for $20-$40 each. If I didn't know in the back of my mind that game's value I probably would have only bought 1 (I'll buy basically any popular game thats cheaper than $4 and consider it a rental I get to keep). Another suggestion get a cell phone with internet capabilities and you can easily check prices while at the store.

bread's done
Back