Fingerhut 50% off Clearance - 360 Splinter Cell Bundle, PSP Assassins Creed Bundle

musicastar

CAGiversary!
Hi everyone,

I hope this deal works for those with a Fingerhut account. Right now they have an additional 50% off clearance prices using the code R551 at checkout. Two of the things on clearance right now are the Splinter Cell Conviction Bundle which is already 25% off at $499.48 (yeah I know that's regular price for most places) and they also have the PSP Assassin's Creed bundle for 25% off at $246.88. If you get the 50% off that's an amazing deal! If someone goes for it, let us know back if it works! ^_^ At these prices they would make great Christmas presents and you can pay it off over time!

Geez, just try to call CS to get this magazine stopped from them. We started getting this for some reason a few months ago and it took hours of phone calls to get to someone who might stop sending there magazine. Then they said it would take 6 months before the information to stop these magazines would be processed?

Name sounds kind of naughty though, right....right?

I've actually had an account with Fingerhut for years and if you pay more than the minimum payment per month, they are actually a good way to buy Christmas presents when you're on a budget. And the APR is 24.90% which is still less than the stupid APR on my bank issued credit card with all of the bank reg. changes.

I've never really had an issue with them and no need to call them so I can't comment on customer service.

[quote name='musicastar']Hi everyone,

I hope this deal works for those with a Fingerhut account. Right now they have an additional 50% off clearance prices using the code R551 at checkout. Two of the things on clearance right now are the Splinter Cell Conviction Bundle which is already 25% off at $499.48 (yeah I know that's regular price for most places) and they also have the PSP Assassin's Creed bundle for 25% off at $246.88. If you get the 50% off that's an amazing deal! If someone goes for it, let us know back if it works! ^_^ At these prices they would make great Christmas presents and you can pay it off over time![/QUOTE]

wtf? Splinter Cell Conviction bundle is $350 list and $289 at TRU: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4098604&CAWELAID=493776356

how the hell can 25% off be $499. Does it come with solid gold extra controller?

24kt_gold_xbox360_1.jpg

Are these prices in HK dollars or something?

$89.99 for 360 games?

This is a scam of the highest order, even if they are a "legit" seller.

anyone know how to remove credit information from them? I can't find the option from my account.

nm, apparently they only keep track of one credit card at a time, so I put my 1 cent chase giftcard. enjoy squeezing blood from that stone fingerhut.

"Don't forget about Fingerhut's 30 Day In Home Trial!
If you don't love it, return it for credit or your money back."

sounds pretty shady. any idea how they do this at checkout?

Last edited by a moderator:
FingerHut is the worst kind of company. The kind that shits under your christmas tree and ruins your day.

alright, not gonna try it on this shady looking site. if anyone wants to bite, theres also a gran turismo bundle that for some reason was $7 less for shipping.

[quote name='Gboon']alright, not gonna try it on this shady looking site. if anyone wants to bite, theres also a gran turismo bundle that for some reason was $7 less for shipping.[/QUOTE]

Fingerhut is legit, it’s just has a bad reputation because of it’s insane prices and high interest rate on their credit card. I usually order something cheap using their credit card so they will report it to the three credit bureaus but I’m going use my debit card to buy the PSP. $144 Shipped for Assassin's Creed bundle is a good deal right?

I had fingerhut and would only buy when they would have a ridiculous sale like 50-75% off.. And I would pay it in 2 or 3 payments when they would have their no interest for 6 months stuff..

They over price their things on purpose.. ESPECIALLY in demand things such as video games from ps3, 360, wii, psp, ds, ect..

They charge $20 - $30 + more than MSRP on games, and you can buy a Wii system standard bundle for something like $350 instead of $199.. or a PS3 system for $450 instead of $299

::: This is Why :::
It's because they cater (and prey) on people who have no credit and or money! Someone who has no cash on holidays and desperate will pay $350 for a wii system for their kids because fingerhut will give them $300-$400 credit when they can't get it anywhere else, and have no other way to buy it.

It's not a scam site, they have been around for years, and years.. BUT they price gouge to consumers who are desperate and unable to purchase in the normal fashion of save $$ over time for something (check to check ppl), and consumers who have terrible credit and are willing to make some price gouged purchases to enhance their credit profile..

It's a shame that they do this.. but it's just reality for tons of Americans who get sucked into company's like this, who know they have no other choice to put presents under the tree..or other reasons.

[quote name='Jhuntley']I remember my grandmother used to get fingerhut books. If she payed for prices like these I'm going to slap her.[/QUOTE]

If she ordered from them, she most likely paid these prices (or worse). Fingerhut, and similiar companies, really are the worst of the worst.

Hey it's still better than taking out a payday or title loan to buy presents at Christmas.... At least in my opinion. It's not much different than those rent to own stores where they gouge you even more. Plus they are really good for building your credit.

I remember seeing my moms fingerhut payment book for some of our presents. It is a way to pay over time just end up paying much more for the convenience

Fingerhut is usually a bad place to order from but PSP deal seem pretty good. Also, Fingerhut is a great way to build credit for someone like me who is just starting with credit as long as you pay your balance off before their high interest kicks in every month. I’m not defending them or their practices, it’s just that the OP’s deal seems good as long as don't carry a balance with their credit card.

bread's done
Back