Finished. Resolved. Thanks for help peoples

gopro

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8193743831&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWN:IT&rd=1

Ok this is whats happening now. Its been over 20 days now and I didnt receive my item. He did not give a tracking number to me, Ive asked him about 3 times and he kept dodging the question; finally he gave me a insurance number. He said he is going to file an insurance claim. I think it was an insurance number. I payed throigh paypal with an e-check. Will paypal give a Full refund? Or a Partial refund? Better yet how would I go about for a refund? Do I ask the guy to give me a refund?

What do I do? I need help pretty badly. Ive been buying basically only PS1/2 games and I have no PS2 anymore since I sold my old one to my freind. Now im screwed over. HELP PLEASE ONEGAISHIMASU!

Thank you very much

Unless the seller offered Paypal buyer protection, paypal won't refund your money. I woul dsay file a claim and figure out if they can do anything for you. Keep harrassing the seller until you get a straight answer...Its people like that who give ebay a bad name...

Sorry man...

Not true. If you did not receive your item and he cannot prove he mailed it with a tracking number, Paypal will refund your money. Don't wait for him to get his insurance claim. It could take 60-90 days. Postal insurance is really for the sender, not the recipient, regardless of what people claim in their auction listings.
AND, if you used Paypal with a credit card, you can have the charge reversed by your credit card company. The buyer always has the advantage in these situations.

I doubt he will give you a refund, unless he knows he's really an idiot (and he IS an idiot becuase he bought Bad Boys II game for his son) becuase if it's lost in the USPS system, then it could take 30 days to have it show up either on your doorstep or back on his. No harm asking him for one, though. Then tell him you will be asking for a Paypal chargeback if he doesn't comply.

I have to ask, though, why on god's earth would you pay $142 (w/ shipping) for a used Ps2 when you can buy one brand new with a warranty for $149 ?

Listen to bmulligan. You have 45 calendar days from the date of payment to start the chargeback process, but I think they'd let you start it now.

The seller will probably be pissed off, but too bad for him. Is the insurance claim # valid?

Not receiving the item should be an open and shut case with PP. It gets much stickier when you actually receive something and it's not as described, or even worse a total scam (say he sent you a box with a couple books in it instead of the PS2 for example) As I'm not sure what would happen if the seller insisted you were trying to scam him.

Since it was from an eBay sale you should be covered, but PP makes many of their policies pretty difficult to really understand, so I'm not 100% sure they won't come back with some BS. Check this link

http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...=1160&unique_id=56490&source_page=_home&flow=

This page:

http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...=1160&unique_id=56460&source_page=_home&flow=

Indicates you have to see a logo on the item listing page for it to be covered, but I really didn't think that was the case.

This page:

http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...=1160&unique_id=78762&source_page=_home&flow=

Includes a link to start the claim.

i had this happen to me last year and i hate the person to this day (i only lost 20 bucks so it wasnt that big) I send the item in the mail and it got damaged in the mail . I had insurance on it but the person did a freaking charge back and Refuse to tell the post office anything (refuse to go down and do the paperwork)

the person was like too bad i did a chargeback and i dont have to do anything with the post office i already got my money back so FU when i told them they had to go to post office and prove the game got broke. i told paypal and they didnt do a freaking thing.

[quote name='slidecage']i had this happen to me last year and i hate the person to this day (i only lost 20 bucks so it wasnt that big) I send the item in the mail and it got damaged in the mail . I had insurance on it but the person did a freaking charge back and Refuse to tell the post office anything (refuse to go down and do the paperwork)

the person was like too bad i did a chargeback and i dont have to do anything with the post office i already got my money back so FU when i told them they had to go to post office and prove the game got broke. i told paypal and they didnt do a freaking thing.[/QUOTE]

They are supposed to at least send the item back to you once they are granted a chargeback. You probably could have filed mail fraud charges on them for not returning the merch while accepting a full refund on it, but I'm not 100$% sure on that. May be too late at this point, but you could ask at the PO.

It would probably be considered some type of petty theft/general fraud as well, but I doubt the police would really care enough to do anything.

Anyway I would have at least pursued filing mail fraud charges on the buyer, but I doubt anything would actually come from it.

[quote name='bmulligan']I have to ask, though, why on god's earth would you pay $142 (w/ shipping) for a used Ps2 when you can buy one brand new with a warranty for $149 ?[/QUOTE]

Ps2 + 2 games + memory card

I believe you can file a claim for non-delivery through ebay as well. A few years ago I bought some Transformers from some guy in Columbia (yeah, South America, I was a dumbass) and, of course, the items never showed up. Actually, I finally did receive a package with notes written in Spanish from a school math course. Anyways, I filed a claim through ebay (very difficult to find the web page to do this, by the way) and I was reimbursed $175 from ebay because of the proof of payment etc...I sent them along with the fact that they could not contact the seller. It worked out pretty well for what seemed to be a lost cause at first. I know they had time limits as to how soon you had to file the claim from the end of the auction etc...so you should take a look into it soon if you plan to.

jeug

[quote name='slidecage']I send the item in the mail and it got damaged in the mail . I had insurance on it but the person did a freaking charge back and Refuse to tell the post office anything (refuse to go down and do the paperwork)[/QUOTE]Had something similar happen to me last year. I shipped a game, and the case broke during shipping. The buyer didn't charge it back, but instead left an immediate negative feedback for me.

If the idiot buyer had *asked*, he could have returned the game to me, and I'd give a full refund + $5. But when I saw the negative, I just said "too bad"

LESSON FOR BUYERS: Don't leave a negative, until *after* you talk to the seller and ask for a fix.

troy

Okie dokie peoples. Thanks a lot. I will use the advice to full advantage.
Lol.
Electricotroy-Yea I was going to do that with another auction I won if the person would cause more trouble.

Thanks a lot peoples

[quote name='gopro']Okie dokie peoples. Thanks a lot. I will use the advice to full advantage.
Lol.
Electricotroy-Yea I was going to do that with another auction I won if the person would cause more trouble.

Thanks a lot peoples[/QUOTE]

Since the title now says that it's finished & resolved, does that mean the thread can be locked?

bread's done
Back