Fire Emblem for GC $24 at comp usa YMMV

Soujiro_Seta

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I went to comp usa today just to take a look and didnt find anything but on my way out there was a rack with a yellow sign that said 50% and i found fire emblem. This is probably a huge YMMV but i figured id post if someone just feels like taking a look.

[quote name='whoknows']Why is Nintendo so stingy with dropping prices on first party titles?[/quote] Because they love to make you wait.

[quote name='whoknows']Why is Nintendo so stingy with dropping prices on first party titles?[/QUOTE]
To make you more likely to buy it at full price on day one. With other publishers, we know that if we wait, it'll hit $20 in a year.

[quote name='whoknows']Why is Nintendo so stingy with dropping prices on first party titles?[/QUOTE]

The same reason why Halo stay full price for so long... because they can turn a profit form it.:)

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']Its not like a retailer couldnt have a sale and lower the price if they wanted to.

Quality costs money.[/quote]

msrp usually reflects what thay get it for, whole sale each game is around $42-45 for new titles. the margin is made up on lesser titles. so thay (retailers) cant quite have a sale even if the reatilers wabted to.. exceptions on sales where they hope to make up the loss on other titles.

[quote name='ilikeTOFU']msrp usually reflects what that get it for, whole sale each game is around $42-45 for new titles. the margin is made up on lesser titles. so that cant quite have a sale even if the reatilers wabted to.. exceptions on sales where they hope to make up the loss on other titles.[/QUOTE]
Or if things aren't selling (which is generally every game for CompUSA), they drop the price so they at least get something for it. This thread sort of invalidates your point, since the MSRP of Fire Emblem is still $49.99 and they're selling it for half that.

[quote name='botticus']Or if things aren't selling (which is generally every game for CompUSA), they drop the price so they at least get something for it. This thread sort of invalidates your point, since the MSRP of Fire Emblem is still $49.99 and they're selling it for half that.[/quote]

they either biting a loss in hopes to bring in customers or wholesale price have dropped but retailers have not all jump the price drop train. maybe just plain old stock cleaning

im referring to the comment about "how retailers can drop the price if they want to.." sounding like they get each game @ $30 or something n decide to mark $49.99 msrp.

[quote name='Vinny']The same reason why Halo stay full price for so long... because they can turn a profit form it.:)[/QUOTE]
Makes sense.

Too bad I already caved a few months ago and got this game :lol:

[quote name='ruffles']I would also like another confirmation.[/QUOTE]

CompUSA sales are always YMMV. Several weeks back people were claiming to have gotten Fire Emblem PoR for $10, I went in and it was a "Manager's Special" for $44.95. I even had them scan it to be sure.

I did go to a CompUSA with a huge clearance bin today (Rockville, MD) and picked up a few $5 games: Arc the Lad, Echo Night Beyond, and Legacy of Kain Defiance. Also saw Metal Arms for GC at $5 (PS2 version was $10), and several other $5 and $10 games. Many more games in the $10-$20 range.

i caved in a couple months ago as well, still haven't had the opportunity to finish up the game. Great game, I'm just stuck on this one level and I've put it down since. I guess it's not gonna happen since I just got a batch of games for xbox 360 to play.

bread's done
Back