Fire Emblem on EBay

Banditfromva

CAG Veteran
I've been looking for Fire Emblem for the GBA on Ebay. I'm seeing a lot of listings for about 9.99. But the sellers are based in Hong Kong. I think this could be risky. What advice do anybody have for me? I think that there is a possibility that these are bootlegs of not in English. Or possibly a total rip-off.

Most ebay auctions on ebay for GBA games are bootlegs.... If you can find it at TRU it should be $14.99 right now for the green tag sale... otherwise good luck with ebay

[quote name='DreamSymphony']File a paypal chargeback on him (assuming you paid with paypal). And report him for piracy.[/QUOTE]

Will do, thanks!

[quote name='DreamSymphony']Oh I almost forgot that I have a cart/manual only Fire Emblem available if you're interested :)[/QUOTE]
I am if no one else has bitten yet

In my case, I bought the titles from a seller in the midwest, who after talking to him seemed to be pretty oblivious to the fact that they were indeed fakes. Regardless, I'm still pretty pissed off, and about to write a demanding, yet polite, e-mail to get the matter resolved. I've had good luck on E-Bay prior to this, so I'm disappointed that this experience may sour that.

[quote name='Banditfromva']I've been looking for Fire Emblem for the GBA on Ebay. I'm seeing a lot of listings for about 9.99. But the sellers are based in Hong Kong. I think this could be risky. What advice do anybody have for me? I think that there is a possibility that these are bootlegs of not in English. Or possibly a total rip-off.[/QUOTE]

I've got a couple US versions still sealed up for sale, if you're interested.

However, shouldn't this be in a different section of CAG?

Yeah, pretty much never buy non-US GBA games. Unfortunately I MUST assume bootleg when I see brand new games like Madagascar out immediately for $10 buy it now. (I see this regularly, really an annoying shame)

bread's done
Back