Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn $15.00 at Wal-Mart B&M (YMMV)

luminaria

CAGiversary!
Saw this while running some errands today and gladly bought a copy. Not sure if this is a clearance price as it didn't have one of the red price stickers on it and it was still behind the glass case. Currently $34.99 used at Gamestop B&M, $32.99 online. Reviews look positive for the release and it looks a lot like Path of Radiance. Supports the classic controller and Gamecube controller.

[quote name='Squarehard']My WalMart doesn't know the word clearance, so I never get in on any of these great prices :*([/QUOTE]
Same here. I did find a Jabba's Palace toy set for $10 the other day, but they still have GameCube games priced at full retail.

For anyone who lives in or near Stateline off of 150 in Missouri/Kansas there were a few copies of this game at the Walmart there a few days ago when I went. I am unsure if they are still there or not, but I thought I'd let my fellow CAGers know.

Anyone have a link to it on the website? I'd love to check to see if it's available at my local stores. Never got around to picking this one up despite having every other Fire Emblem released.

[quote name='Squarehard']My WalMart doesn't know the word clearance, so I never get in on any of these great prices :*([/QUOTE]

Same for my local Walmart, they consider consider 2003 and 2005 XBox sports games for $29.82 "deals"

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Anyone have a link to it on the website? I'd love to check to see if it's available at my local stores. Never got around to picking this one up despite having every other Fire Emblem released.[/QUOTE]It looks like it's no longer on Walmart.com, so you can't search any stores to check. :bomb:

I don't know if it'd help, but here's the UPC: 045496900410. Maybe you can have an employee enter it into the database on one of their computers to check nearby stores...? I don't know if Walmarts can do that like BBs can. :)

[quote name='Vigilante']It looks like it's no longer on Walmart.com, so you can't search any stores to check. :bomb:

I don't know if it'd help, but here's the UPC: 045496900410. Maybe you can have an employee enter it into the database on one of their computers to check nearby stores...? I don't know if Walmarts can do that like BBs can. :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks that's what I was looking for. Next time I go to WM I'll have them check if they aren't too incompitent to look something up via UPC.

I used to work at Walmart, find a dept manager & have them look up the upc. They can check onhand counts in all the stores in their district.

[quote name='callmewoof']Dang, I'd snap that up in a heartbeat but I hate how extremely YMMV walmart stuff is :([/QUOTE]
Yup, I've been looking for this game too. My Wal*Mart never has anything anyway. I was there yesterday and I definitely didn't see this there, oh well.

This may be one of those $15 games available at all Wal-Marts (like Blood Bowl). Too bad it's so old that most wont have it in stock anyway.

Might have to hit my local Wal Mart to check if they have it. I was tempted to pick it up at GS with my gift card, but if I can get it for $15, I can use the gift card on something else.

Cool deal for anyone who can find it. I still have my $11 sealed copy of this game from Circuit City clearance a million years ago.

If anyone can find any spares, does anyone think they can pick up a copy for me and I'll pay them back the price of the game + shipping + a little compensation? Fire Emblem is one of my favorite series and I've played all the ones that have been released for the US except this one, because I don't own a Wii yet...and I still don't, but this game is getting pretty rare and I anticipate playing it someday. Around the release of this game, I was so excited for it that I bought the guide without the game :lol:

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Cool deal for anyone who can find it. I still have my $11 sealed copy of this game from Circuit City clearance a million years ago.[/QUOTE]

Same here i still have 2 sealed copy from CC :)

Sigh, I don't know why I always attempt to find these walmart deals. I set myself up for major failure. :'( Checked my local walmarts (7 of them) and none to be found. And so, with that wasted tank of gas, I could have just paid a higher price via some other source. Freaking sucks, but thems the breaks I guess.

Congrats to any and all who find one! Cause it isn't going to be me. :) I wouldn't be above trading for one if someone gets a spare though. ^.~

[quote name='callmewoof']Sigh, I don't know why I always attempt to find these walmart deals. I set myself up for major failure. :'( Checked my local walmarts (7 of them) and none to be found. And so, with that wasted tank of gas, I could have just paid a higher price via some other source. Freaking sucks, but thems the breaks I guess.

Congrats to any and all who find one! Cause it isn't going to be me. :) I wouldn't be above trading for one if someone gets a spare though. ^.~[/QUOTE]

Couldn't you have used this advice to check the stock at all of your stores in your district? Would've saved gas..

[quote name='shiningslade']I used to work at Walmart, find a dept manager & have them look up the upc. They can check onhand counts in all the stores in their district.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='sunghost']Couldn't you have used this advice to check the stock at all of your stores in your district? Would've saved gas..[/QUOTE]

Maybe it would help if someone posted the UPC...

Edit: The one I found via google is 045496900410

Walmarts have some super-random stuff. Three weeks ago I found a copy of Final Fantasy 6 Advance out on the shelf. It hadn't been there long, because I'm in that Walmart with some frequency.

If you're looking for Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, I've also seen it at a couple of Kmarts. I'm assuming it's still $50, though.

[quote name='TheLongshot']Maybe it would help if someone posted the UPC...[/QUOTE]

They did.. it's on the first page:

[quote name='Vigilante']It looks like it's no longer on Walmart.com, so you can't search any stores to check. :bomb:

I don't know if it'd help, but here's the UPC: 045496900410. Maybe you can have an employee enter it into the database on one of their computers to check nearby stores...? I don't know if Walmarts can do that like BBs can. :)[/QUOTE]

I hadn't read the 'ask the manager' part yet, and to be honest I'm probably not smart enough to do that anyway. I wasn't really complaining that I missed the deal, just sad that I never seem to catch em. Its all good though.

[quote name='callmewoof']I hadn't read the 'ask the manager' part yet, and to be honest I'm probably not smart enough to do that anyway. I wasn't really complaining that I missed the deal, just sad that I never seem to catch em. Its all good though.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'm not sure if I'll bother looking for it, at least until another person reports finding it for $15 at their store. I've never had luck with walmart clearances. If I do somehow find more than 1 copy (extremely doubtful) I might be willing to let them go for cost + shipping.

[quote name='sunghost']Yeah I'm not sure if I'll bother looking for it, at least until another person reports finding it for $15 at their store.[/QUOTE]

I recently got back from a road trip this past weekend and stopped in some Wal-marts along the way to check for some random deals. Of the five I went to, only the one in a completely rural area (Rock Falls, IL) had any copies of Fire Emblem. Like the OP said, they were $15. The other four stores didn't have any trace of the game at all.

[quote name='callmewoof']I hadn't read the 'ask the manager' part yet, and to be honest I'm probably not smart enough to do that anyway. I wasn't really complaining that I missed the deal, just sad that I never seem to catch em. Its all good though.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, my attempts to "ask the manager" was rather poor. In the first place, the guy didn't want to even bother, saying "I don't know where everything is and that would be true of any store". In the one close to my house, the Wii section was sad, with only 1.5 cabinets dedicated to Wii. No one was around either.

I may try one more if I'm anywhere near it in the next week, but I don't have much hope.

[quote name='postaboy']Dropped by my Walmart today and there was a couple of them, but it was marked at $39.XX.[/QUOTE]

Did you get them scanned?

[quote name='sunghost']Did you get them scanned?[/QUOTE]

Nope. I couldn't find an employee so I just grabbed a bluetooth headset and left.

I went to 2 walmarts, asked them to check the UPC and both said it "wasn't on file" so they couldn't check the stock for other locations. Neither had it on the shelves/behind glass from what I could see.

Finally found one at another walmart (just one). Was in a glass case, had a $39.9x sticker on it... and it rang up $39.9x. But I bought it anyway, because $40 new/sealed still isn't too bad (just above average used price online, cheaper than anyone else's new/sealed price). Not quite the $15 I was hoping to find, but at least I can play it! Close enough!

I can vouch that I did see copies of Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn (and Punchout!! Wii), at K-Mart, but they were both priced at $50 (the going price these days).

[quote name='storino03']I can vouch that I did see copies of Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn (and Punchout!! Wii), at K-Mart, but they were both priced at $50 (the going price these days).[/QUOTE]

wat

[quote name='storino03']well other people mentioned they saw FE there, so I was simply affirming that. Also, it's What? and not wat. Thank you.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if $50 is much better than ebay. Anyway, I checked another walmart and after having the UPC checked the guy said no stores have it in stock within 30 miles from that store so I'm giving up on this.

Seems like it's completely YMMV anyway (which I kinda expected), after seeing that woof got it for $39

I would have gotten both if they were under $40, but since they weren't, and more importantly, I already have FE on the wii, I passed. Funny thing is, I bought it new a few years ago but never even played it yet.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Same for my local Walmart, they consider consider 2003 and 2005 XBox sports games for $29.82 "deals"[/QUOTE]

Same at my Walmarts one of them also has a two pack of ps2 red/blue memory cards on clearance for $35 and they must have at least 100 packs of these and have had them for at least 4/5 years at this price.

Yeah, the Kmart's around me have Metroid Prime Trilogy still sealed for $50, along with Fire Emblem and other hard to find games.

[quote name='GreekGodIGN']Yeah, the Kmart's around me have Metroid Prime Trilogy still sealed for $50, along with Fire Emblem and other hard to find games.[/QUOTE]

Really? where? i have been looking for metroid trilogy new not scalped.

[quote name='GreekGodIGN']Yeah, the Kmart's around me have Metroid Prime Trilogy still sealed for $50, along with Fire Emblem and other hard to find games.[/QUOTE]

If you're serious, you should consider picking up MPT for $50 when its going for $90+ on ebay :p

bread's done
Back