RAMSTORIA

CAGiversary!
Feedback
34 (100%)
*Update*

OUT NOW!

Just around the corner.

51ue56djxslss500yl4.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Fire-Emblem-S..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1234322518&sr=8-1

Remake of the original Famicon Fire Emblem.

The entire game will have stylus-based touchscreen controls.

The game will have wireless multiplayer, both ad hoc and via the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection. You will be able to pit five of your best soldiers against five of any opponents.

This Fire Emblem features full voice chat support, allowing for unlimited nerd trash-talk.

You can also loan and borrow units from friends to use in your single-player campaign. When you give the unit back, you keep the experience.

There's also an in-game shop option which lets players use gold earned in-game to buy new items from an online store. Apparently new and powerful items will be rotated into the store, which will have daily inventory changes.

It was released in Japan in August and Famitsu awarded the game a score of 9, 8, 8, 9

4536-87963-FireEmblemDS1jpg-468x.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EVknUJc8_c

I love the series. This one sounds like it might be the best one yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool I really like the past fire emblem games they've released so I'll be sure to get this day one here's hoping they bring the others.

Day one. I not only buy this game, but I also buy a DS. I know I was leaning heavily towards getting a DS when Front Mission was announced, and almost as heavily towards a PSP when FFT was announced, but this is it. This is absolutely it. I will own this. Botticus, Mario Colbert... all of you. You have been warned.

[quote name='The Crotch']Day one. I not only buy this game, but I also buy a DS. I know I was leaning heavily towards getting a DS when Front Mission was announced, and almost as heavily towards a PSP when FFT was announced, but this is it. This is absolutely it. I will own this. Botticus, Mario Colbert... all of you. You have been warned.[/QUOTE]

There are great days ahead of you if you have not picked up a DS yet.

[quote name='msdmoney']Is the first Fire Emblem game for the gba a remake of the nes original too?[/QUOTE]

No, it was the 7th game in the series.

Looking forward to this. Fire Emblem on the go? Hell yes.

I hope the 6th difficulty level is unlocked from the start, otherwise I might have to buy used to get it. I only play these kinds of games once, generally, so I demand maximum challenge from the start.

I still havent played Radiant Dawn. It got lost in the shuffle while I was waiting for my roomate to beat it to unlock hard.

If you imported you GC save into Radiant Dawn it started you on hard. That was a mistake RD is just a fuck you in the ass, its all luck game. I'm almost done, and it is my least favorite FE. Worse then SS.

I'm-a come right out and say it: pussy.

Also, whaddya mean it starts you on hard? I went through on medium. Or whatever they called it. Maybe they called it hard. Which, while fairly accurate, is stupid, 'cause hard mode is what you unlock after beating the game.

[quote name='msdmoney']Is the first Fire Emblem game for the gba a remake of the nes original too?[/QUOTE]

The gba one is Fire Emblem 7.

This remake first Fire Emblem series. Most of it's contents faithful to third Fire Emblem release, "Fire Emblem: Monshō no Nazo", which actually a remake of first one, but with more content.

[quote name='hardcore gaming 101']In 2008, after three Gameboy Advance outings and two for the consoles (Gamecube and Wii), Nintendo went back to its roots to remake the original Fire Emblem for the DS. Much like Intelligent System's work on Advance Wars: Days of Ruin, the new look to Fire Emblem is a lot darker than the GBA games, using an entirely different visual style. While the supplementary artwork is provided by legendary manga artist Masamune Shirow (Ghost in the Shell, Dominion Tank Police, Appleseed, numerous others), all of the ingame artwork is provided by someone entirely different. The sprites are all new too, and they look to have a computer rendered look to them. They're definitely more detailed than the GBA games, and just as well animated, but they're still a bit ugly. The soundtrack is mostly redone, although there are a number of tunes that have been carried over and rearranged.

The actual missions are far more faithful to the original Famicom game than the missions found in Monshou no Nazo. There are a total of twenty five primary missions, with all of the characters from the original game. Additionally, if you start the game on Normal mode, there's a new Prologue chapter featuring four brand new missions that not only act as a tutorial, but gives some backstory to Marth's escape from his castle. Strangely, the game requires that you sacrifice one of your units in order to win one of the missions. (There's one brand new character in the prologue, so you can get rid of him if you want to stick to Fire Emblem canon.) There are also a number of new characters and side chapters throughout the game, but in order to obtain them, you also need to have a certain number of troops perish. This is pretty strange considering Fire Emblem fans are usually hardwired to make sure none of their units die.

The interface is just as polished as the GBA installments, so it's a huge step up from the Famicom and Super Famicom versions. There's the usual touch screen control, as well as the upper screen used for tutorial info, stats, and battle scenes. Additionally, instead of individually checking each enemy's range of movement, there's an option to highlight all danger squares, making it easier to position your units so they won't be attacked. It's missing some of the options of the later games, like the rescue and shove commands, but instates the weapon triangle found in all of the games from FE4 onward. There's a lot more story and dialogue too. You can still save games mid-chapter, which are deleted when you load them as usual, but there are now save points in most missions that let you permanently save whenever you want. This allows you to reload the chapter if you make a mistake, without allowing you to constantly save and reload, abusing the system.

Most importantly is the class change system. In fourth mission, you can change the class of nearly all of the characters, with the exception of Marth and a few others. It's not exactly freeform - you're limited to a certain number of class types per battle, and of course, you need to purchase all of the necessary weapons. Additionally, each character is more suited to certain classes, as they have experience stats for each weapon type that increase as you continue to use them. It's nowhere near as in depth as Final Fantasy Tactics or other similar strategy games, but it's a nice bit of flexibility. For the first time, you can also challenge another player through the DS Wi-Fi functionality.

Overall, it's a fine remake. Compared to the later games, it's good to see the game stripped down of some of the elements that tended to get in the way (like the Iaguz transformations), while adding enough elements to make it seem fresh. It's also due for early 2009 release in North America with the subtitle "Shadow Dragon", making it the first time that English speakers can play through the story of Marth.[/quote]

For more Fire Emblem info
http://hg101.classicgaming.gamespy.com/fireemblem/fireemblem.htm

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']Can't wait :)

I wish the DS did collectors editions of their games.. :([/quote]

many of Atlus games comes with a cd soundtrack, about as close as you can get, but eventually they ALL have it... so not much of a CE.

[quote name='The Crotch']So...

Anyone have a DS they wanna sell me?[/QUOTE]

I'd sell you mine for cheap, but the only problem is that it has a cracked hinge and the L/R buttons work when they want to. Everything else is fine. By cheap I mean $50.

Did anyone else pre-order this from GameStop.com when they were still advertising the limited-to-25,000 art cell?

And if so, do you see the art cell on your order summary? It's not there when I check it, and from my experience GameStop.com usually explicitly lists bonus items like that as separate items on their order summaries.

haha it's cool. Those stupid buttons killed gaming on the DS for me. The only good thing that came out of it was that it gave me an excues to buy the limited edition Mario DS. :D
I'm going to be buying FE next week at Target and after that, I'll register it on club nintendo. Ppl who are going to buy this game don't forget you can get 10 extra coins just for saying your going to buy the game on club nintendo. Of course to get the coins you eventually have to buy the game.

[quote name='Josh7289']Did anyone else pre-order this from GameStop.com when they were still advertising the limited-to-25,000 art cell?

And if so, do you see the art cell on your order summary? It's not there when I check it, and from my experience GameStop.com usually explicitly lists bonus items like that as separate items on their order summaries.[/quote]

It seems to me it was listed on the site when I ordered, but in the email it is not there. I just checked. I preordered back in early January. If I don't get the art cell...I am going to be super pissed off. That's why I didn't have it shipped to store...I don't trust the employees around here.

I don't think the bonuses are ever listed on the order summaries. But let me check my Ninja Gaiden order to be sure.

Apparently I lied, but NG DS might have been a different case, it even lists the bonus on the order list page. I ordered FE in December, so I don't see how they can't get me the art cell unless they pull it completely.

[quote name='Yanksfan']I will be picking this up Day 1. I hope it sells well enough to justify a new FE made for the DS.[/quote]

Agreed, I'm rather hoping to enjoy this, and that it does well enough to continue expanding the series onto the DS. I certainly have loved all of the others thus far.

Did anyone else pre-order this from GameStop.com when they were still advertising the limited-to-25,000 art cell?

I cant belive 25,000 people preorderd it

was going to grab it off amazon today but the cell is gone

[quote name='botticus']I don't think GS.com had 25000 art cells. The stores probably hav a couple each.[/QUOTE]

nice if amazon would bring the art cell back.

Also with no mail monday how do these things ship monday

[quote name='slidecage']nice if amazon would bring the art cell back.

Also with no mail monday how do these things ship monday[/quote]
UPS/FedEx work on President's Day.

Anybody seen this at retail? I was at my local Wal-Mart today and didn't see it out.

Nope, I don't think it's in stock at retail yet. I went to two target and one gs after i got off work. None of them had it. Oh well. I just ordered it off amazon, but they are out of stock right now. I'll be getting the game friday.

Depends. The stories are not related in any way, shape, or form. The GBA ones have some... outdated... game mechanics, especially with regards to inventory management. If you really want to play the GBA ones, I recommend you play them first. If you don't really care and you just want a Fire Emblem, start with this one or the GameCube's Path of Radiance.

The art cell pretty lame. It seem like a typical video game preorder art cell. The art cell is inside a small baggie with cheap black frame and there's no unique serial number for each card. All it say it "limited edition of 23,345" at back of card. At least I didn't pay for it! All I did was ask a Gamestop employee "Can I have one for free" and they gave it to me. It never hurt to ask. The worst they can say is no.

Well i ordered it from amazon, if you guys dont like your art cell it goes for 11-12$ shipped on ebay, which is why im regretting not buying it from gamestop, but ah well, cant argue with $28 shipped with prime.

[quote name='Cheapass24']Well i ordered it from amazon, if you guys dont like your art cell it goes for 11-12$ shipped on ebay, which is why im regretting not buying it from gamestop, but ah well, cant argue with $28 shipped with prime.[/QUOTE]

i should have my copy in hand by saturday ( i gave my sealed one to my cousin for 35 : ) )

might rebuy it off gamefly if its cheap enough

I could see this game falling to 19.99 by easter

I picked up a copy at Best Buy today with some RZ certs and a gc. I've gone through the prologue missions and the first two regular story missions so far and while I like the game, I miss the GBA sprites and battle animations. While I'm sure the sprites and b. animations are a throw back to the NES game, I'm guess after two GBA FE games, I want more detail sprites and b. animations or at the very least, more of the same.

I'm sure it will grow on me more, but at the very least I'm enjoying the gameplay, the story and the tons of recruits you get in this game.

Anyone try out the wifi on this game yet?

Man i dont know what to do

I was hoping that this game would came from gamefly Today BUT the people shipped it from Tampa meaning i will be VERY LUCKY to get this game tomorrow or monday

Im guessing

Left tampa weds
Sorted in alanta weds night (thursday)
Ship to Indy Friday and sorted
Shipped to fort wayne and sorted tonight or saturday (meaning a Delivery saturday but more likely monday : ( _

but back to the story LOL

I can do 2 things

I can pay 5 bucks and upgrade to 3 at a time VIa gamefly to get Ys book 1 and 2 shipped thurs..

Or i can pay 24.29 to KEEP FE off gamefly so it would be like buying it new. Take the 5 bucks that i would of spent on the upgrade (since it would free up another spot) and Ys would ship for free

so it would be like buying FE for 19.29 + tax (since the 5 bucks is already a lost cause that i would spend it either way)

or say i paid 20 bucks for it shipped New

I hope the game comes tomorrow so i can play it this weekend and see if its a major long game and i like it or if i hate it (heard the game is around 20 hours long )

I was sort of hoping Gamefly would sold it for around 22.50 instead of 24.50 after 10% discount : (

[quote name='botticus']I don't think the bonuses are ever listed on the order summaries. But let me check my Ninja Gaiden order to be sure.

Apparently I lied, but NG DS might have been a different case, it even lists the bonus on the order list page. I ordered FE in December, so I don't see how they can't get me the art cell unless they pull it completely.[/quote]Ordered 12/30, and yet no art cell. Way to go GS.com!

Did anyone who ordered online get one?

I preordered in January and didn't get the art cell. That's it. I knew it when I ordered, but I wanted the art cell, but that's it. I am done with GS.

I'm playing on hard mode with 3 stars. I hate how the computer kicks my arse. Pirates could cross water so easily and avoid attacks better in the water. They probably dive under water to avoid arrows. I'm in chapter 2 btw.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back