Fire Pro Wrestling R ($8.98/$10.98/$13.98 @ FamilyVideo) (Amazon/Buy/Agetec shipping)

Sofa King Cheap

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
11/15 Edit: Amazon.com, Buy.com, and Agetec.com are shipping out orders.

11/12 Edit: We have a new lowest price after coupon or without coupon (thanks CAG IAmTheCheapestGamer) :

http://www.familyvideo.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=279351

$10.98 after using coupon code NEWMEM3F (for existing accounts only, and not new members? Still works for me as of 11/14 at 10:30 PM EST)

$13.98 without the coupon code.

There is also some $5 off codes for new members that might not work anymore:

NEWMEM5F
NEWPGMEM
NEWGWMEM

If anyone can confirm that they work, give the heads up.

-------------------------------------------------------

11/11 Edit: Some notes about the release:

The localization producer from Agetec has stated that November 13th is the *ship date* and most stores will not have it in stock on that exact date, but a couple of days later. I guess that means online orders will ship 2 or 3 days later, as well.

For those looking for it in B&M stores, he also stated:

"Actually, Best Buy is a great place place to buy the title at the CL.
Others good places are Gamestop, Blockbuster, K-mart, Freds, Kaybee Toys, Amazon and of course Agetec’s webstore."

CL = checkout lane.

Edit: Some new screenshots are up at Agetec's site:

http://www.agetec.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=119

Edit: A Localization Producer for Agetec has confirmed the release date as being 11/13 (thanks CAG dopehat):

http://www.fireproclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=8220&p=100260&hilit=#p100260

Latest Edit:

GoGamer.com looks to have the cheapest non-promo/non-coupon related price at $14.13 shipped:

http://www.gogamer.com/Fire-Pro-Wre...VproductId22388627VVcatId444710VVviewprod.htm

Also, most e-tailers are giving this an early November release date of November 6th.

----------------------------------------------------
Edit: Agetec has added new box art and has included a video of the game to their website:

http://www.agetec.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=119

---------------------------------------------------
I was hesitant to post this here in the deals forum because it looks like the game will MSRP for under $15 and the links provided below really aren't deals off of that price. However, since Victorious Boxers 2 got CAG love in the VG deals forum here, I'd figure I'd spread the news to fellow bargain hunters looking for a good cheap game. Not to mention if this sells well, it helps the cause for future Spike wrestling games to come to North America.

Anyway, it looks like the critically acclaimed Fire Pro Wrestling Returns from the beloved Fire Pro series of wrestling games (Japan based) is being released in North America with a bargain bin price of around $15 and should be out in mid to late November for the PS2. There is already a CAG forum post about the game here (thread started by CAG pete5883):

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146363

The game is up for pre-order here:

http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=205611610&loc=108 $12.99 (Nov 14th) Buy.com sales rank as of 9/9 = 709

http://www.amazon.com/Agetec-Fire-P...39?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1189330779&sr=1-2 $14.99 (Nov 27th) Amazon.com sales rank as of 9/9 = 566

http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?pid=7512278&style=games&BAB=M $12.99/12.74 (Nov 14th)

With that price point, buy one for Christmas for everyone you know who has a PS2 or PS3 . :)

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']By this weekend? What are they using media mail to ship it to stores now?[/QUOTE]

If it shipped Tuesday, I would expect most stores would have it by Thursday evening and on shelves that night or by Friday morning.

For online etailers, if they get it Thursday, hopefully it will ship out to etailer customers on Friday. Monday at the latest.

Just guessing above...

Amazon doesn't have their copies in yet. This is like their Guilty Gear Accent Core preorder, they either haven't gotten it from their distributor or they didn't order enough copies to fill all the preorders. I have been shafted by Amazon in the past on preorders. I am in no rush to play the game this time around so I'll probably just wait.

EGM Live!* just gave this game a huge plug on their latest podcast. As they were going through the release list, their resident wrestling afficianado stopped them so he could go on about how awesome the game is for like 5 minutes. They even started making fun of him for going on about this game "no one knows about". Hell, I didn't know about it until he went on about it. He actually said WWE SvR 2008 rated a 0 on the same scale with Fire Pro! :lol:

You guys should check it out:
http://www.1up.com/do/minisite?cId=3149975 You can skip to the 22:30 mark.

I just got the game at Family Video for $8.98 shipped!

$12.99 - $5.00 off with NEWMEM5F coupon + .99 shipping. I can't wait to play this bad boy!

[quote name='dmunkee']Its showing up at GS/EB websites as having a 11/23 release date now.[/quote]

The people on the Gamefaqs Fire Pro board were saying in their FAQ about it, that it was due out Dec. 11th or something, so let's hope it doesn't get pushed THAT far back.

Mind you, I'm finally having fun with Smackdown Vs. Raw 2007, since I figured out everything except the reversals now, so I'm in no rush right now to play another game.

Plus, I still have to finish Futurama for Xbox and about another 20 bazillion games I have in my backlog.

Why is it that because a game is cheap, you're more prone to wanting to buy it, even if you barely have enough time to play the ones you have already?

Mine ordered from Amazon shipped, so the game has been released.

Amazon.com items (Sold by Amazon.com, LLC):
1 Fire Pro Wrestling Returns $14.99 1 $14.99

Shipped via DHL Second Day (estimated arrival date: 16-November-2007)

Mine has shipped from Amazon as well:

The following items have been shipped to you by Amazon.com:
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Qty Item Price Shipped Subtotal
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Amazon.com items (Sold by Amazon.com, LLC):
1 Fire Pro Wrestling Returns $14.99 1 $14.99

Shipped via DHL Second Day (estimated arrival date: 16-November-2007).

Yup, my Amazon one was shipped, too... which is odd, as they sent me an e-mail this morning saying it was delayed until next week. Whatever.

Though, I'm slightly annoyed, since I ordered it under my Prime membership, and, though still free, it's shipping 3-day, not 2-day, meaning I won't get it until Monday. Not a big deal, but still sort of irksome.

[quote name='carthitup']Yup, my Amazon one was shipped, too... which is odd, as they sent me an e-mail this morning saying it was delayed until next week. Whatever.

Though, I'm slightly annoyed, since I ordered it under my Prime membership, and, though still free, it's shipping 3-day, not 2-day, meaning I won't get it until Monday. Not a big deal, but still sort of irksome.[/quote]

That is odd. I ordered mine through Amazon prime and they have it scheduled to be here on Friday.

[quote name='cerial442']That is odd. I ordered mine through Amazon prime and they have it scheduled to be here on Friday.[/quote]

Yeah, it's not a huge deal to me, and it was a free trial of Prime anyway, so it's not like I lost anything.

Now that there's some tracking information, it might be because of the warehouse it's shipping from. Amazon has warehouses all over the country, right?

I'm on the east coast (PA), and have *never* had anything from Amazon ship from Arizona. Plus, like I said, I got a notice earlier that it would ship NEXT week, so I'm thinking that my copy got added into a shipment at the last minute.

Wonder what the availability on this is going to be?

[quote name='robin2099']Hmm. Probably should of ordered from Amazon instead of Gogamer since they still haven't shipped it.[/QUOTE]

Depends I had to cancel my Amazon order after speaking to a CSR that my order would not make it until December 4th if not Later. Then I just ordered from Huba Games off of Amazon.

Thank you for shopping at GoGamer.com

The following item from your order is currently on backorder. While we cannot deliver the item as quickly as anticipated, we expect to deliver within 30 days. For your convenience, we will alert you by email as soon as additional information is available.

Just got that from GoGamer.com. I surely hope it sends sometime soon.

Yeah damn it I pre-ordered from gogamer well over a month ago too. I wonder if I should cancel and try somewhere else.

Mine got fuckin cancelled from gogamer i got this in my email this morning

"While processing your order, we experienced difficulty in obtaining the proper authorization. At this time, your order has been cancelled for your protection."

What kinda BS is that? Guess ill take my business elsewhere since they dont want it.

[quote name='Layd Dly']Mine got fuckin cancelled from gogamer i got this in my email this morning

"While processing your order, we experienced difficulty in obtaining the proper authorization. At this time, your order has been cancelled for your protection."

What kinda BS is that? Guess ill take my business elsewhere since they dont want it.[/QUOTE]
Er, sounds like they had a problem with your credit card. Might want to check that out.

[quote name='pete5883']Er, sounds like they had a problem with your credit card. Might want to check that out.[/quote]
Couldnt they immediatley cancelled it with no communication other than an email saying its cancelled. I emailed them so ill see how fast they get back to me otherwise ill try and pick it up from family video. since it looks like it might be cheaper anyways.

edit: Just put in my order @ Family Video for 8.98 Shipped. They can have my business.

[quote name='bmarquardt']just got shipping confirmation from Buy.com with the ship date of yesterday (11/14, Wednesday).[/QUOTE]

Same here.

[quote name='xAix']Bah, mine's still stuck at "Sent to Warehouse." :([/quote]

Mine too, though I only ordered on the 13th from Buy.com, so if peoples orders from Sept and Oct are shipping now, I imagine mine will go out sometime in December.

Am I the only one who ordered it from Amazon prior to November and haven't gotten it shipped yet? It even says they're in stock. Why are they waiting til Monday to ship it?

[quote name='bmarquardt']9/11/07[/QUOTE]

danke. My order was placed 10/3/07, so as long as they're being shipped in the order they were placed, that's cool.

My order from buy.com is currently at the warehouse. I ordered this morning so I'll be expecting a wait.

My order from Amazon shipped today. Ordered 9/17. It should be here by tomorrow.

Odd thing is... the order doesn't show up in my account anymore. I had to click the order status link from an email to get the info.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Mine too, though I only ordered on the 13th from Buy.com, so if peoples orders from Sept and Oct are shipping now, I imagine mine will go out sometime in December.[/quote]
What?! Noooooo! :hot:

Meh, I'm expecting around next week at the very least. Mario Galaxy's keeping me busy at any rate.

I guess I'm the only one that went with CDuniverse

Processing
We are working on getting all of the items on your order ready to ship.

-____-

now its says its backordered since 11/15

Has anyone who actually ordered this from Family Video had the game shipped yet? I'm in the dreaded In fullfillment stage. I do not have fond memories of my last purchase from FV, which was that entire Heavenly Sword disaster. Hopefully it ships tomorrow.

My word...

[quote name='GameFAQs PS2']Top 10 Message Boards

* 01 DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 3
* 02 Fire Pro Wrestling
* 03 SmackDown! vs. Raw 2008
* 04 Final Fantasy XII
* 05 Guitar Hero III
* 06 Kingdom Hearts II
* 07 Persona 3
* 08 The King of Fighters XI
* 09 Final Fantasy X
* 10 GTA: San Andreas[/quote]

This game's popularity just astounds me.

[quote name='Cao Cao']My word...

This game's popularity just astounds me.[/QUOTE]

BUY.COM Sales rank: #1 (as of 11/16)

Amazon.com Sales Rank: #19 in Video Games, #2 PS2 game (as of 11/16) (was number one PS2 game at one point on 11/15)

fuck! CDUniverse backordered my preorder too! Have any places actually been confirmed to be shipping this game? If so, I'm cancelling my CDUniverse order and going with someplace else, stat. I'm not waiting until fucking DECEMBER to get this game!

I know Amazon has shipped some but I wouldn't recommend switching to them now because I ordered mine in October from them and still waiting for them to ship it. It seems they're only shipping for now to people who ordered in September or earlier.

I received a notice from GoGamer.com this morning that they had shipped my game, but the tracking number didn't have any information. That's usually what I find for USPS anyway, though.

my famvideo is in fufillment as well. grr. so glad i botherd to pre-order this to get cancelled at go-gamer. i hope FV does F me over as well.

Sweet, King of Fighters XI and Fire Pro Wrestling shipped on the 14th...

... but the delivery estimate is the 24th. Gah...:cry:

Oh well, I've got plenty of games to keep me busy until then! :D

I just checked my order again from buy.com and it's now listed as SHIPPED. They must've really ordered ALOT of copies to ship out all of the pre-orders and the orders from people like me, who waited till the alleged release date to buy it.

Either way, that's cool, since just a couple hours ago, it listed as 'sent to warehouse' still.

But, unfortunately, for anyone else who wants to order it from buy.com, it's listed as 'in stock soon', which must mean they sold out of this game.

bread's done
Back