Firefly Blu-Ray $39.99

I love Firefly, and would be very interested in owning the Blu-Ray, but this doesn't really strike me as much of a "deal" 5+ years after the show went off the air.

[quote name='blackhole82']I was kind of hoping for $30
random.jpg
[/QUOTE]
That's fine my dad loves this Show. I had to get it for him for fathers day. I also got Taken and Benjamen Button. I hope he'll be satisfied with movie's. I didn't know what else to get.:)

That's cool. I used to try to get my dad movies, but he hardly ever watched them so now I have to find other stuff. I was gonna get Firefly for myself, but I think I will see if it dips any lower in the future.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm torn... I love me some Firefly, I own the DVD of the series, as well as both DVD versions of the Movie & HDDVD of the movie... But I'm not sure how much of an improvement the Blu-Ray is to the series... and for $40... argh! :\

[quote name='UjnHunter']I'm torn... I love me some Firefly, I own the DVD of the series, as well as both DVD versions of the Movie & HDDVD of the movie... But I'm not sure how much of an improvement the Blu-Ray is to the series... and for $40... argh! :\[/QUOTE]
Picture wise, it's very substantial, except for the shots that were intentionally filmed with that 70s look still have tons of noise. The sound is 5.1 now, but isn't as big leap as the video.

It's worth the price to upgrade...especially if you will watch the series more than once. However Amazon's price isn't all that great. In winter there were a couple of etailers that had this from $30-$40.

bread's done
Back