Firefly: The Complete Series $19.99 @ Best Buy

I was eyeing the shit out of this yesterday and today but didn't buy it because it still had a $65 price tag on it.

You have no idea how much I love you right now.
=O

New fans be sure and pick up the movie Serenity to watch right after the series! Not sure what BB sells it for but it's $9.99 on Amazon.

Damn... I think I'm gonna get this and Battlestar Galactica seasons 1-4 with my round of 5 coupons from yesterday... I remember watching the movie back in the day and thinking it was pretty good. I've never seen the series, so it should be fun to watch.

I never saw the show or movie so I'm lookin forward to getting this. Will use the coupon to make it $15. Seems like a great deal for a show people seem to love

[quote name='WingsDJY']Is this worth upgrading to BD if you already have the DVD set?[/QUOTE]

For $15 i'm going to do it regardless if it's worth it or not. :lol:

Weird, yeah, I happened to see it the other day and it was labeled $69.99 or something. Didn't look like they had many copies, either.

[quote name='FadeToOne']Weird, yeah, I happened to see it the other day and it was labeled $69.99 or something. Didn't look like they had many copies, either.[/QUOTE]

My BB rarely changes the labels. On many occasions I will buy a Bluray at a discounted rate, but it will have the original or MSRP sticker still on it.

If it's just on sale and not a permanent price drop, they won't change the labels.

Hrm. Not going to be able to make it to Best Buy until late evening... Not sure whether to risk waiting to trade in a DVD and hope it's still in stock, or just bite the bullet and order it now for pick up at the $20 price...

Edit: Ooh, just remembered that I have a $10 "savings code" from their store pickup deal that I need to use. Going to call that good enough and save my DVDs for other trade-ins...

Last edited by a moderator:
Nabbed this as well. The firefly panel at SDCC made this decision for me. The love this show has by the community is amazing. I was almost crying based on the reactions that the cast had during that panel. Can't wait to marathon this once I get home.

I don't know anything about this but my uncle said it's well worth a blind buy. Seeing all the positive posts here made biting that much easier.

Thanks OP.

[quote name='WingsDJY']Is this worth upgrading to BD if you already have the DVD set?[/QUOTE]
Yes. Ridiculous jump in video quality, although some scenes that looked really bad on the DVD, like many outdoor scenes, still look bad. But the colors and such are much, much better on the blu. Also, there's an extra feature on the blu that's pretty fun.

[quote name='Twizz']I don't know anything about this but my uncle said it's well worth a blind buy. Seeing all the positive posts here made biting that much easier.

Thanks OP.[/QUOTE]
Your uncle is a very wise man.

[quote name='Bmvc1']Do I have to use instore pickup for this price, or is it $19.99 on the shelf also?[/QUOTE]

It rings up $19.99. Bought it a few hours ago during lunchtime.

Made a blind buy. But I have a good feeling that I'm really going to enjoy it. Did the same thing with Twin Peaks and didn't regret my purchase.

I kind of feel bad I made the guy at Best Buy go into the back to get a copy of Firefly for me but as I was getting ready to buy it I thought I should check my Amazon.com history to see if I had already bought it and sure enough I had. I need to do some checking and see if there is an Android app to track blu-ray collections.

[quote name='LordVila']I kind of feel bad I made the guy at Best Buy go into the back to get a copy of Firefly for me but as I was getting ready to buy it I thought I should check my Amazon.com history to see if I had already bought it and sure enough I had. I need to do some checking and see if there is an Android app to track blu-ray collections.[/QUOTE]
LOL, after reading this I thought, "What a great idea!" I went and downloaded the first DVD/Blu-ray collection app I found, got excited when it looked like all I had to do was scan a barcode to add a Blu-ray, scanned an old Peter Davison-era Doctor Who DVD... and it recognized it as "True Blood Season One."

So... stay away from the "Movie Collection and Inventory" app ;)

All the BBs near me (15 miles or so) are sold out. Not sure if I want to put in the effort to drive closer to DC to get one, I hate the traffic there.

Awesome! It was still labeled $62.99 in my local store. I had it in my hand when the salesperson walked by, saw the set and started talking about how it was his all time favorite show. I had him check the price and when it rang up for $19.99 he ran over and grabbed one for himself. Glad I got in on this!

Damn this is tempting. I have the DVDs but this would be a nice upgrade (and give me an excuse to watch it again).

[quote name='Vash1306']Bleh, I'm on vacation in Canada right now. Is this sale only this week? =([/QUOTE]

You can still order it for in-store pickup, and they'll hold it for a little while, so not sure when you get back, but you might make it back in time to pick it up.

Also, this is on the ad for next week... I don't know about you guys, but my store had exactly 1 copy... Wait at your own risk if you want this set...

It looks like this is not available for shipping, but I tried to do store pickup at my closest store and got an email back saying they couldn't find it. So I called up customer service and they said they could find another store or ship it to my house. I told em to ship it since all the other stores are too far for my liking. Hopefully that works.

All that for a blind buy, by the way. Hope it is as good as everyone says!

If only my store carried Serenity, I'd be set...
Hmmm, I wonder if I order it to ship it and then go to the store and re-ring it.

With the Upgrade and Save I'd get both Firefly and Serenity for $20. =O

[quote name='iduncurr']If only my store carried Serenity, I'd be set...
Hmmm, I wonder if I order it to ship it and then go to the store and re-ring it.

With the Upgrade and Save I'd get both Firefly and Serenity for $20. =O[/QUOTE]

As for Serenity, I find BestBuy is very strange in their pricing.

They put the Blu+DVD (sku 2833605) version on sale at 9.99 but left
the Blu only (sku 20072177) version at 12.99.

[quote name='Enuf']could do in-store to get the $10 code & trade the dvd set I have to get a $5 coupon[/QUOTE]Id try to trade in each disk of the set for a $5 code first ;)

would I be able to get $50 for in-store pickup to get the $10 code, but when I go in store use a $5 coupon on this as well? Even though it essentially drops my total to $45 would it effect my $10 coupon?

[quote name='Capocci 007']would I be able to get $50 for in-store pickup to get the $10 code, but when I go in store use a $5 coupon on this as well? Even though it essentially drops my total to $45 would it effect my $10 coupon?[/QUOTE]

You'd have to do a return-and-rebuy to use the $5 coupon, which would more than likely cancel out the $10 code offer.

Its an amazing show. I would've never even known about it had it not been for my fiancee. I was hooked once I started watching. Its directed by the same person who directed The Avengers if you want an idea of the talent. The cast is great, story is awesome, and its sad the show fell apart due to a bad time slot. The show was so popular Joss Whedon decided to release serenity as a movie to kinda tie up loose ends from the series since it ended abruptly. Both are worth picking up, you won't regret it.

[quote name='simmias']It will make you sad for what could have been.[/QUOTE]

Exactly...amazing show........that didn't get passed a first season........good movie but that was it.... Good stories and Character development.

bread's done
Back