Firefly: The Complete Series (DVD)- $13 shipped with GCO

Ugh...GCO viral thread again.

Remember folks, GCO is NOT a deal if something is the regular price but cheaper w/GCO, since you can get ANYTHING for $10 less on buy.com with GCO.

FYI: Firefly is $19.99 at Target just about once a month (it was on sale there last week)

[quote name='gav']Way to crap on someones thread. Even with GCO i'm glad someone mentioned it here.[/quote]

It's not crapping...ANYTHING and EVERYTHING is $10 cheaper with first time GCO.

A thousand different threads could be started with all the GCO checkout deals.

Buy.com (and J&R, and TRU, and a handful of other sites with GCO support) has this as a regular thing, it's not a rare occurance. It would make more sense to create a thread telling people to use GCO for $10 off and request it be pinned as longs as it applies.

Yes, but I've seen requests posted for lowest Firefly prices multiple times in many different threads- makes sense that at least some people would be interested in seeing this low price, even if it is through GCO.

Whatever.

Okay, that's fair enough. I must admit, if I hadn't used up my GCO new user bonus, I might have jumped on this deal. Maybe combine it with that badass 2-disc Serenity DVD at $9 from Amazon.

everything on Buy.com is 10 cheaper w/GCO

it's true!!! you can even buy a $10 DVD and get it for free...

also Firefly is the definition of Television mediocrity.

not horrible, but not great... just average.

i never need to watch it again

Amazon has Firefly series for 20.49. Add another $4 for free shipping or get Serentity HDDVD as part of the B1G1 deal. Serenity is the "finale" to a series that ended to soon. Great stuff.

If you want to kick the tires, you can download an episode (the first episode titles "Serenity", not the movie BTW, is 90 minutes for 1.99). It gives you a good taste of the characters and pacing of the show.

[quote name='Kerig']Ugh...GCO viral thread again.

Remember folks, GCO is NOT a deal if something is the regular price but cheaper w/GCO, since you can get ANYTHING for $10 less on buy.com with GCO.

FYI: Firefly is $19.99 at Target just about once a month (it was on sale there last week)[/quote]

And we also don't need 100 "Wii's in Stock!!!" topics because they aren't a deal (But there is no tax from Amazon!) and they sell out in 10 seconds.

[quote name='gBoy']Amazon has Firefly series for 20.49.[/quote]

It's $39.99 at Amazon right now, and sadly the 2-disc Serenity on DVD has gone back up to $19.99 now that the Best Buy sale is over.

They really need to do a universal drop on Firefly to $20, it's been long enough. You'd think they're waiting for season 2 before dropping S1 :)

[quote name='PKRipp3r']

also Firefly is the definition of Television mediocrity.

not horrible, but not great... just average.

i never need to watch it again[/quote]

Rot in hell.

[quote name='Kerig']sadly the 2-disc Serenity on DVD has gone back up to $19.99 now that the Best Buy sale is over.
[/quote]

The BB sale lasted one week while Amazon had it on sale for a month.

[quote name='bigdaddy']And we also don't need 100 "Wii's in Stock!!!" topics because they aren't a deal (But there is no tax from Amazon!) and they sell out in 10 seconds.[/quote]
Not a deal, give me a link to an online site that sells instocks wii's for $250. Its a completly different situation. In-stock Wii's are a rarity online and are snatched up within minutes, therefore its worthy to mention it on CAG.

Google checkout applies to anything bought on buy.com. Its not a time limited offer that will go away anytime soon.

[quote name='gum_drops']Not a deal, give me a link to an online site that sells instocks wii's for $250. Its a completly different situation. In-stock Wii's are a rarity online and are snatched up within minutes, therefore its worthy to mention it on CAG.

Google checkout applies to anything bought on buy.com. Its not a time limited offer that will go away anytime soon.[/quote]

:roll: And the Wii being $250 isn't a limited time offer either. :roll:

[quote name='YabMan']Rot in hell.[/quote]

browncoats r ghey

at least FFly was mediocre and didn't suck to high heaven like Angel & Buffy

as long as there's no Whedon shows in Hell, we could be copacetic here.

[quote name='PKRipp3r']browncoats r ghey

at least FFly was mediocre and didn't suck to high heaven like Angel & Buffy

as long as there's no Whedon shows in Hell, we could be copacetic here.[/QUOTE

guy is looking for a fight =)

[quote name='bigdaddy']:roll: And the Wii being $250 isn't a limited time offer either. :roll:[/quote]

When its in-stock online its equivalent to a limited time offer due to the speed at which it will sell out.

Sometimes its annoying with a poster will say "hey my local BB has wii's in stock but YMMV". But when a dot com store has them in stock its worth posting on here since its open to all.

two things..

1. Who the F hasn't abused GCO already?

2. Who the F DOESN'T have Firefly?

I don't have Firefly (mooched my brother's copy but he took it back). I loved that show though. It might not be the greatest series ever, but I've found I am at the point where I can only watch weird shows that go against the grain like Lost or The Wire. Formulaic garbage like CSI and whatnot makes me want to vomit.

My most recent obsession has to be The Tudors. People should definitely take a chance and jump on the many deals from Season 1 being released.

[quote name='PKRipp3r']browncoats r ghey

at least FFly was mediocre and didn't suck to high heaven like Angel & Buffy[/QUOTE]

Well my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

bread's done
Back