firefox not remembering my account at CAG?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjmai

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
For some reason, most of the time when I visit CAG's forums, my firefox browser doesn't automatically log me in. It forgets my account frequently, even though I had selected the "Remember me?" checkbox the last time I logged in. Has anyone else experienced this?
I think I've experienced this at some other forums too, but I definitely see it more often at CAG.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']doesnt firefox have an option to clear cookies, cache, etc every time you exit the browser. maybe thats on?[/quote]

It's not that. Believe me, I've been there, done that. Same problem as the OP.

Ive been trying to figure this problem out for a while now. I went to the Firefox website and dug through their FAQ's and nothing helped. It is really annoying, I have to sign into my Hotmail account every single time I open a new window. I'm the only one who uses my computer so Id much prefer everything be saved and it was until a couple of months ago. I don't know what happened.

Another Firefox problem for me is it wont predict text as I'm typing in a search box. Works on all my other machines though, and worked for a month or two, now I can't get it again.

Is it possible you are blocking cookies from CAG?

Inside Firefox options, check Privacy, Cookies (Exceptions)

[quote name='CheapyD']Is it possible you are blocking cookies from CAG?

Inside Firefox options, check Privacy, Cookies (Exceptions)[/QUOTE]

Nope, that's not it. CAG is not on the block list.
(That would be sacrilege if any anti-spyware software automatically adds CAG to the block list!)

[quote name='CheapyD']Is it possible you are blocking cookies from CAG?

Inside Firefox options, check Privacy, Cookies (Exceptions)[/quote]

I checked this on mine as well and I'm definitely accepting cookies from CAG.

It stays logged in for anywhere from 5-20 minutes. If I keep CAG open in a tab, go do something, come back and refresh the page, I'll be logged out. There are no rules setup to have cookies expire on my side of things.

[quote name='mtxbass1']I checked this on mine as well and I'm definitely accepting cookies from CAG.

It stays logged in for anywhere from 5-20 minutes. If I keep CAG open in a tab, go do something, come back and refresh the page, I'll be logged out. There are no rules setup to have cookies expire on my side of things.[/QUOTE]

this is always the case for me. I'm using chrome, i am not deleting any cookies, and I don't have any problems staying logged in on any site, other than CAG. It's something here, not on my end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back