Firmware 4.00 Speculation Anyone?

Xrazor

CAGiversary!
Game

PLAYSTATION 3 Network titles can be played under PSP [Remote Play] under Game. The PSP is then used as a monitor for any game playable in Playstation 3 game console.

Network

Real, Quicktime, and WMV audio and video codecs are now supported.

[Shockwave Player] has been added as a feature.

PSP web browser has been updated to allow compatibility with current websites.

[Adobe Flash Player 9] has been added as a feature, using the Memory Stick Pro Duo as flash memory.

[Remote Play] has been improved by the PS3 outputting 1080p to the PSP with larger icons text and better video quality. Remote Play now transmits at 11 mbps per sec.

802.11g support has been added as a feature.

PSOne games can now be downloaded without a PS3

Level 6 has been added to rate in Sony LocationFree Player to improve picture quality in H.264

[Auto Connect] has been added as a feature

Music

More visuals has been added as a feature.

Video

Real, QuickTime, and WMV audio and video codecs are now supported.

RSS [Video Streaming] has been added as a feature.

[Color Configuration] has been added as a feature.

Recording has been added as a feature under Audio and Video RSS Streaming.

Other

Copy, Command, Paste, Auto Complete, and Advanced Cookie Management has been added as a feature.

Sorry if this is against rules, i ussually dont copy and paist, mods please edit this if somethings wrong but: Straight off of psp-vault

I'm a little confused, is this what you speculate, what someone else speculates, or is it something that came from a supposed Sony list? A little clarification please.

Edit: OK, I see, I read the little blurp at the bottom (took it from PSP-Valut). Being able to play the PS3 via the PSP would kick ass, but how would this work? Would there be an attachment for the PSP to support the SIXAXIS or would we need to be within Bluetooth range and use the controller to control and only use the PSP as the screen. Either way, very cool.

1080p, 802.11g, video recording, and Shockwave? That's either horrible speculation, a hopeless wishlist of features, or a moderately funny joke. Which is it, OP?

Roger that- Unless they're mailing out a new screen and wifi chip with the firmware update, this is extremely poorly thought out speculation.

I doubt they will put in play-your-PS3-via-PSP. The screen resolution of the PSP isn't really high enough to be able to play a TV-sized game is it? I guess with that new 1080p resolution on the PSP though it'll be plenty clear :)

Ruahrc

My prediction?

Only certain games make use of remote play. On a per developer basis, some games will use it in different cool ways. In one game you may be able to play the whole game (Lair), in others the PSP connection provides an interesting way for someone to do co-op with you. Maybe he controls a little drone on the side. For example, in MGS 4 what if a connected PSP could take control of the little metal gear that otacon controls.

A lot the stuff you list simply won't happen due to memory limits.

God of War shows potential for better graphics, but I am also optomistic about 1080p. Just speculation.

[quote name='BigChris914']I'm hoping for DIVX[/QUOTE]

There's no reason they can't do DivX at this point considering that the PS3 has support for it now.

[quote name='Xrazor']God of War shows potential for better graphics, but I am also optomistic about 1080p. Just speculation.[/QUOTE]

If you want better looking text and icons over Remote Play that's a reasonable request, but "1080p" is not what's going to make that happen. The PSP simply cannot support a 1080p image. Its native screen resolution is 480x272.

Is Home supposed to be connected to a firmware update or will it be a "game" that has to be downloaded from the store?

Just wondering if we should be expecting this anytime soon.

[quote name='bmachine']Is Home supposed to be connected to a firmware update or will it be a "game" that has to be downloaded from the store?

Just wondering if we should be expecting this anytime soon.[/QUOTE]

I think HOME integration with the PSP would be nice. Has Sony released any official info about what HOME features might show up on the PSP?

how do you get these games if you dont have a PS3

all i see is

Transferring to a PSP® system from your PS3™ system:
You must be signed into the PLAYSTATION®Network account that originally purchased the game. You must have at least 299 MB free on your Memory Stick Duo™. Connect your PSP® system to your PS3™ system with a USB cable and switch your PSP® system to USB Mode. Highlight the game on the PS3™ XMB, press the Δ button and select Copy.

no where does it say how to just download it into a psp

I WANT WILD ARMS AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

bread's done
Back